Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:40 (Ref:4160818)   #276
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
I'm betting on Kamui getting pole
He's quick but not 1.9s faster quick
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:40 (Ref:4160819)   #277
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Race control

20:26 CAR 3 REPORTED TO THE STEWARDS FOR CAUSING A RED FLAG

20:36 FASTEST LAP OF CAR 3 WILL BE DELETED FOR CAUSING THE RED FLAG
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:43 (Ref:4160820)   #278
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Toyota's 3rd and 4th
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:44 (Ref:4160822)   #279
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was amazing from Ferrari. I just hope the pace of all cars is genuine because I think the race could be great.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:44 (Ref:4160823)   #280
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow Nasr had one flying lap and got to 5th! Makes you wonder if they had actually participated in the session what they could have done.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:45 (Ref:4160825)   #281
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
This was amazing from Ferrari. I just hope the pace of all cars is genuine because I think the race could be great.
The pace is clearly there, it's a case of whether it holds over the hours, and if the pit crew are up to the job.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:46 (Ref:4160826)   #282
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seriously don't get Penske's strategy for this. #75 did one (!) pushlap in the entire hyperpole session, while #5 didn't even bother leaving the pits after red flag. What!?
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:46 (Ref:4160827)   #283
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I wonder how annoyed Toyota are about those BOP changes now?
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:48 (Ref:4160828)   #284
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
They need a good level of competition. As long as they win, what the F this Bop?
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:49 (Ref:4160829)   #285
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Feel so bad for Caddy, they would have been 3rd on the grid if they didn't catch on fire!
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:49 (Ref:4160830)   #286
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Event regs and supplementary regs
https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/lemans/regulations

noticeboard
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/noticeBoard.php

Last edited by TWRv12; 8 Jun 2023 at 18:59.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:50 (Ref:4160831)   #287
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
I seriously don't get Penske's strategy for this. #75 did one (!) pushlap in the entire hyperpole session, while #5 didn't even bother leaving the pits after red flag. What!?
I'm with you, this session is for fun and pride, and they chose not to fully embrace. Sure it doesn't matter much for them starting on row 3 or 4, but still, just go for it!
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:51 (Ref:4160832)   #288
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I wonder how annoyed Toyota are about those BOP changes now?

It really is baffling how Ferrari, who demonstrated faster single lap pace than Toyota from the beginning of the season did not get hit as hard with the adjustment, but alas here we are. The FIA/ACO have their race, and give 0 ***** about screwing over Toyota. All we can do now is see who LeMans sees fit over the course of 24hrs to give the prize.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:53 (Ref:4160834)   #289
tomcug
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Sure it doesn't matter much for them starting on row 3 or 4, but still, just go for it!
They will start on row 2 with Toyota
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4160836)   #290
N Martin
Racer

N Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridN Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well Ferrari take pole and lock out the front row. I can't see anyone other than Toyota winning tho. But we will see.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:56 (Ref:4160837)   #291
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think I saw from Adams charts that Toyota have the best race pace.
Ferrari will likely find the need to do some strategic foot shooting over the space of 24 hours.

First outright pole for 50 years for Ferrari at Le Mans though.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:56 (Ref:4160838)   #292
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
I wonder what could have caused the fire; loose connection on a line somewhere in the engine bay?
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:59 (Ref:4160840)   #293
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
1-2 Ferrari

But on the long run I expect Toyota being the front runner.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 19:02 (Ref:4160842)   #294
N Martin
Racer

N Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridN Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seem to be making a lot of fuss. It's only pole guys. I mean well done and a that but.you know.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 19:04 (Ref:4160843)   #295
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
They will start on row 2 with Toyota
haha, Yes of course you are correct. I guess I was thinking they weren't taking it seriously and thought they had no shot to be that high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I think I saw from Adams charts that Toyota have the best race pace.
Ferrari will likely find the need to do some strategic foot shooting over the space of 24 hours.

First outright pole for 50 years for Ferrari at Le Mans though.
I wonder how well the Ferrari will work in the wet? Yes it was cold and damp at Spa, but they sure struggled. Will the tire warmers solve all their problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
I wonder what could have caused the fire; loose connection on a line somewhere in the engine bay?
Did I hear the announcers say there was a known fuel cell issue earlier in the running?
Old 8 Jun 2023, 19:06 (Ref:4160844)   #296
tomcug
Veteran

Quote:
haha, Yes of course you are correct. I guess I was thinking they weren't taking it seriously and thought they had no shot to be that high.
It's funny that they maximized their potential with just 1 fast lap. After all we all agree Ferrari were out of reach of their competition, don't we?

Also if I'm correct, the only place where Nasr didn't lose time to pole lap was sector three. Seems these Feraris are absolute monsters on the straights, which is something we saw at Spa already.

Last edited by tomcug; 8 Jun 2023 at 19:13.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 19:27 (Ref:4160849)   #297
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
I wonder how well the Ferrari will work in the wet? Yes it was cold and damp at Spa, but they sure struggled. Will the tire warmers solve all their problems?
Warmers dont help that much the wet tires. In case of rain or showers I think the Porsches will be in troubles specially in the straight.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 19:41 (Ref:4160850)   #298
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad Ferrari got pole, i am rooting for them but i still think Toyota will start as favorites, i do believe we will have a competitive race between different teams at the front for the first time in a few years.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 19:53 (Ref:4160851)   #299
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
The FIA/ACO have their race, and give 0 ***** about screwing over Toyota.
I think that Toyota need and deserve more than beating an LMP2. They need a high level of competition to show how good they are. And I very luch doubt that any instance will take any decision before an agreement with some relevant stakeholders. Behing a thick curtain…
All this is big money, big business in a great show guise. Remember the "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday"?Still relevant…
Old 8 Jun 2023, 20:01 (Ref:4160852)   #300
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I think that Toyota need and deserve more than beating an LMP2. They need a high level of competition to show how good they are. And I very luch doubt that any instance will take any decision before an agreement with some relevant stakeholders. Behing a thick curtain…
All this is big money, big business in a great show guise. Remember the "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday"?Still relevant…

Absolutely concur that they want/need/deserve competition, but why should the competition be given a "free" leg up?