Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 May 2001, 14:50 (Ref:97291)   #1
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a disaster for

McLaren and Williams. Stall on the grid, put the car in the armco, mechanical problems, you name it and these teams will find a way to lose. They do not deserve to be called contenders after today's fiasco. Some will complement DC on his good drive - which it really was - but you don't win championships starting from the back of the grid and driving like h**l to take 2 points. Ferrari deserves the win, but oh what a race it could have been.
Old 27 May 2001, 17:16 (Ref:97345)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, that's Monaco for you!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 27 May 2001, 20:03 (Ref:97411)   #3
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

DC would have so easily won that race!.
Old 27 May 2001, 20:12 (Ref:97414)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes.

But we don't live with "if".
Old 27 May 2001, 21:10 (Ref:97444)   #5
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I used to live with 'if' but she kept putting the toilet seat lid down and closing the toothpaste.
Old 27 May 2001, 21:56 (Ref:97471)   #6
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have come up with some crazy scenarios over the last couple of years but last night took the cake, even I wouldn't have dreamed that one up. I am still in denial and am amazed DC didn't just park the car and go off and get ****ed. Or put it into the wall in sheer frustration.Someone at McLaren needs a major bottom spanking and why they even bother with traction control if it isn't foolproof amazes me.
Old 27 May 2001, 22:22 (Ref:97494)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It happens in the best families, as we say around here...

I put a thread more than a month ago... "McLaren needs a new software engineer", and nobody took me seriously...

Any offers ?
Old 27 May 2001, 22:44 (Ref:97509)   #8
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bonomi, I'm not a great software engineer but I would like to apply form the role as official McLaren bottom spanker!
Old 28 May 2001, 01:23 (Ref:97565)   #9
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Re: What a disaster for

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxmil
McLaren and Williams. Stall on the grid, put the car in the armco, mechanical problems, you name it and these teams will find a way to lose. They do not deserve to be called contenders after today's fiasco.
Thats a bit harsh on Williams I think. BMW only in second year of competition, and Montoya in his first year. Although I have never subscribed to the 'Montoya is God' religion, he will improve without doubt.

Quote:
Some will complement DC on his good drive - which it really was - but you don't win championships starting from the back of the grid and driving like h**l to take 2 points.
Errr - yes you do actually. I don't think it will in DC case, but smashing it into the barriers with no points will never win a WDC.

Quote:
Ferrari deserves the win, but oh what a race it could have been.
Ferrari do deserve to win, McLarens incompetitence and inability to back DC rule them out as 'deserving' IMO.

And what a race it could have been, not sure about that, whoever got the first corner would have won. Shame Bernoldi did'nt get there first - now that would have been interesting
Old 28 May 2001, 01:40 (Ref:97570)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently if Bernoldi had got to the first corner first, Ron Dennis would have ordered him shot.

That man has carried "Overreaction" to a fine art.

Perhaps instead of making threats against teenagers who don't even work for him, he should try to find out why his cars go Boom. Or is that too difficult when you are majorly occupied with Scheming and Whingeing?
Old 28 May 2001, 01:52 (Ref:97574)   #11
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Liz, don't be so hard on uncle Ron, he's doing a great job for Ferrari at the moment
Old 28 May 2001, 01:55 (Ref:97576)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
True, Wrex.

If I were DC (which thank God I am not) I would go to my boss and say "Ron, don't do me any more favours please! If I need anyone threatened or intimidated, I will do it myself. Or send my girl friend to do it. On second thought, Bernoldi is better looking than I am, so I will go myself."
Old 28 May 2001, 02:00 (Ref:97581)   #13
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Go DC - you could win something yet
Old 28 May 2001, 04:05 (Ref:97603)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Why don't they just forget launch control..It's not working.. It will work fine in testing and then when it is really needed..It turns the Mercedes engine off! What a piece of dog pooh!
Old 28 May 2001, 09:24 (Ref:97705)   #15
JoMiSaP
Rookie

JoMiSaP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

If I were DC I would NEVER EVER use launch control again in the WHOLE of my career in F1. He has lost two race wins (Spain and Monaco) because of the electronics. I have to praise him because in both occasions he drove fantastic races fighting with a bunch of rent drivers who took the chance to appear on TV by fighting a McLaren.

Montoya yesterday threw away a lot of his credibility. Doesn´t he know that in Monaco if you put a foot wrong you are out of the race not like in the rest of the circuits in which you could make an excursion and contiune in the race?
Old 28 May 2001, 09:35 (Ref:97712)   #16
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ron has serious electronic problems with LC as well as with his own brain. Could somebody apply to repair his system board?

Have you ever heard about evil Ferrai's hackers?
Old 28 May 2001, 14:10 (Ref:97815)   #17
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We ARE making a rather gross assumption here: that DC would have WON were it not for his stall. Would he?? The way TGF drove that race so effortlessly, I'm not so sure he would. But then again, TGF might have driven differently had he been under any sort of pressure...

McL have turned throwing championships away into something of an artform. BUCK YOU IDEAS UP LADS!! We want an interesting 2nd half to the season!! (but Ferrari to win, of course )
Old 28 May 2001, 14:40 (Ref:97837)   #18
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I vaguely remember a red Ferrari hitting the armco in a similar place to Montoya a few years ago. Can anyone with a better memory than me tell me if it was Schumacher?

Also I have never been a huge DC fan but I don't think he deserved the bagging he was getting on the broadcast. He has my sympathy vote now.
Old 28 May 2001, 18:29 (Ref:97937)   #19
Ed G
Racer

Ed G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It really is wierd that MacLaren are having such problems. The thing is it ISN'T / SHOULDN'T be a LC problem. I mean you are taking off from the grid for the pace lap. Why do they take the chance of even using the electronics? It doesn't matter if you lose a place... you get it back if you can get the car going.

LC seems to work OK in the races (DC said MH screwed it up in Austria) but somehow they have overlooked the warmup lap.

It is sadly unprofessional. If they can't get it together soon the WDC will be decided and everyone can work on the 2002 cars 100% in September.
Old 28 May 2001, 20:50 (Ref:98006)   #20
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I agree, why use launch control on the pace lap, it makes no sense
Old 28 May 2001, 20:55 (Ref:98009)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Maybe this time it really WAS "brain fade".
Old 28 May 2001, 21:30 (Ref:98035)   #22
Run Free
Racer

Run Free should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JoMiSaP
Montoya yesterday threw away a lot of his credibility. Doesn´t he know that in Monaco if you put a foot wrong you are out of the race not like in the rest of the circuits in which you could make an excursion and contiune in the race?
He said (before the race) that he had nothing to learn about Monaco.
Old 28 May 2001, 21:42 (Ref:98043)   #23
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Run Free
He said (before the race) that he had nothing to learn about Monaco.
Where can I read that ???.