Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Feb 2012, 16:26 (Ref:3021096)   #251
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was hoping to see Manthey in WEC but now that it's clear they won't be participating, I pray that they at least head to ELMS. Ferraris surely will dominate the GTE-PRO ranks unless we get some further opposition.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3021100)   #252
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Oh, ok. Is Murphy a new investor/pay driver or what? Also, is MG not putting their name on the cars like Lotus?
The only report I could see was that it's an investor/pay driver and that the engine may be badged MG for the WEC Shanghai race; plus they've switched to an Oreca 03 from the old B05/40 Lola, basically the same package as Race Performance have been running last year and will continue to run this year.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 16:33 (Ref:3021101)   #253
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
The only report I could see was that it's an investor/pay driver and that the engine may be badged MG for the WEC Shanghai race; plus they've switched to an Oreca 03 from the old B05/40 Lola, basically the same package as Race Performance have been running last year and will continue to run this year.
You would think that the ACO would give Murphy/RLR a Le Mans invite after screwing them out of cost-capped status last year!
Old 3 Feb 2012, 23:01 (Ref:3021262)   #254
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I was hoping to see Manthey in WEC but now that it's clear they won't be participating, I pray that they at least head to ELMS. Ferraris surely will dominate the GTE-PRO ranks unless we get some further opposition.
Don't expect them to be in ELMS...unless something changed recently :-)
Old 4 Feb 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3021372)   #255
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Manthey have almost no choice besides enter ELMS, at the end of last year they left VLN / N24 and confirmed they'll be racing in some world class event with Porsches this year.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3021381)   #256
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
No WEC, no ELMS, that leaves FIA GT (very unlikely although it seems there´s gonna be some announcements soon - not necessarily concerning Porsche) or GT Open (in which Manthey have run before occasionally, 2010?).
Old 4 Feb 2012, 15:05 (Ref:3021488)   #257
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
911targa: they have said they will not run a works Porsche in VLN or N24, but will run customer cars there.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 15:39 (Ref:3021507)   #258
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
Maybe the entries on the reserve list of lm24 will show up. Like jetalliance.
I may have imagined it, but I think a new rule for 2012 is all teams at LM have to have run at other ACO races; so it'll be Spa and/or ELMS if they want to keep their chances of an invite alive.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 15:54 (Ref:3021517)   #259
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
I may have imagined it, but I think a new rule for 2012 is all teams at LM have to have run at other ACO races; so it'll be Spa and/or ELMS if they want to keep their chances of an invite alive.
wow, that would be cool.
(but hopefully this rule doesnt apply to the 56th car )
Old 4 Feb 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3021595)   #260
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe Porsche has reversed their decision to run in the N24 and Manthey will be back.

For a team like Manthey, it would make more sense to see them in the Blancpain or FIA GT. GT Open only makes sense if they want to try to demolish the dominant Ferraris.
Old 5 Feb 2012, 03:08 (Ref:3021692)   #261
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
But before Olaf said more than once that he hates the VLN/N24 Performance/Balance rules and that'll put GT3 R in disadvantages.His original mean, if I'm right, is Manthey'll again be a 911 customer team this year, but in another series.

At present Porsche support little to teams in 24h series(Dubai,Bathurst12..) Blancpain, FIA GT and GT Open
Old 8 Feb 2012, 14:37 (Ref:3023183)   #262
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The suspense is getting to me now. When is the announcement ???? I'm still excited about the series, even without P1.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 15:41 (Ref:3023204)   #263
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
Now confirmed on Manthey official sites, wish they can continue VLN project with other teams.
http://www.manthey-racing.de/
Old 10 Feb 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3024077)   #264
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The full season entry list is available on http://www.autohebdo.fr/resultats.ph...2012&idEpr=969

13 LMP2 entries, 5 GTE Pro, 2 GTE Am, 1 GTC, 0 LMPC -> 21 entries in total

Last edited by gwyllion; 10 Feb 2012 at 12:48.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 12:44 (Ref:3024080)   #265
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
The ELMS entry list, at least for the 1st round (Paul Ricard),
Well, that's pretty disappointing. 21 cars plus reserves? Why are there reserves though? Who is DownForce1? Loeb Racing with a P2? Only 1 GTC?

EDIT: Is there some hope that this is a work in progress entry list and that more entries may be added? If nothing else, hopefully none are subtracted or else it may not make the minimum!
Old 10 Feb 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3024083)   #266
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
http://www.lemans-series.com/en/s03_....php?news=2065 contains a bit more info.
Quote:
In the LMPC category, whose tests programmed at the Paul Ricard circuit were cancelled because of snow, the number of entries will be confirmed after the upcoming sessions on 23 and 24 February. Between six and eight Formula Le Mans are already confirmed for the whole season.
Quote:
The GT grid should boast some ten cars. As of today, the new GTC category only has one full season entry. It will be joined by other GTC contestants on a race by race basis.
Quote:
In total, thirty five cars are expected in the different 2012 European Le Mans Series races.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3024090)   #267
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the entries bearing the MG name see:

18 LMP2 MG Oreca 03-Judd Msport/Murphy Prototypes Firth-Hughes
LMP2 MG EX265-Judd Guess Racing Europe

Are they anything to do with MG during the production or simply a branding/naming exercise like the Morgan deal??
Old 10 Feb 2012, 13:36 (Ref:3024103)   #268
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
5 GTE Pro! That's very worrying to me. Splitting them between WEC and ELMS is a terrible idea. They should have kept races together, so e.g. Schnitzer would cover European races and Rahal the North American races.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 14:17 (Ref:3024118)   #269
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
Are they anything to do with MG during the production or simply a branding/naming exercise like the Morgan deal??
Branding exercise. I wonder if the MG Lola will be cost-capped this year. Granted, Guess Racing Europe is running it so that question may never actually matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
They should have kept races together, so e.g. Schnitzer would cover European races and Rahal the North American races.
BMW is done with European GTE racing so it's not like it really matters. But, yeah, that list plus LMPCs and a few other odd balls is very concerning.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 16:08 (Ref:3024146)   #270
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well, that's pretty disappointing. 21 cars plus reserves? Why are there reserves though? Who is DownForce1? Loeb Racing with a P2? Only 1 GTC?

EDIT: Is there some hope that this is a work in progress entry list and that more entries may be added? If nothing else, hopefully none are subtracted or else it may not make the minimum!
Could be that with the FLM and race-by-race GTC entries, they think they'll have a maximum grid, hence a couple of reserves- Seems odd to leave P2's out of the race, in favour of spec-class FLM/LMPC cars or GTC cars. Then again, both the reserves are Guess Racing entries, so maybe they just figured there wasn't much point giving them an entry as they wouldn't show up...

No clue about Downforce 1- new Aston customer team, or just a sponsor's branding for an existing team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
Are the entries bearing the MG name see:

18 LMP2 MG Oreca 03-Judd Msport/Murphy Prototypes Firth-Hughes
LMP2 MG EX265-Judd Guess Racing Europe

When the Le Mans list was released, did someone suggest that MSport/Murphy might be the RLR outfit from last year, (they ran the ex-RML Lola Spyder), now with some money from Ireland, and an MG badging deal and maybe some Chinese money as well? IIRC, it's been rumoured that they'll be doing the Chinese WEC round. Interesting to see Jody Firth and Warren Hughes listed as drivers- both ex-Embassy/WFR, although Hughes ran with RLR a couple of times last year

The Guess MG is probably the RLR car, RML's Lolas were rehomologated as MGs- again, basically just a badging deal, although IIRC they're supposed to have a certain amount of RML modifications under the skin compared to an off-the-shelf Lola? If it is the RML/RLR car though, it might not suggest that they've got any backing from MG as such- just that the car's called an MG Lola on the paperwork...
http://www.mg-lola.com/ex265.htm
Old 10 Feb 2012, 16:15 (Ref:3024152)   #271
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Could be that with the FLM and race-by-race GTC entries, they think they'll have a maximum grid, hence a couple of reserves- Seems odd to leave P2's out of the race, in favour of spec-class FLM/LMPC cars or GTC cars.
If there are a number of LMPC/GTC teams that can't find the budget to run the whole of a short continental championship, I really wonder how legitimate those teams are. I guess I can kind of understand GTC as perhaps teams will be running those cars elsewhere in other series, but LMPC? That does not make a whole lot of sense. I guess that's why I'm a bit concerned about the car count.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 16:21 (Ref:3024153)   #272
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

BMW is done with European GTE racing so it's not like it really matters. But, yeah, that list plus LMPCs and a few other odd balls is very concerning.
Might we be seeing the beginning of the end of GTE in Europe?- certainly might explain why GTE Pro numbers were fairly small on the Le Mans entry this year, and why a few names ended up on the reserve list.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 16:24 (Ref:3024154)   #273
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Might we be seeing the beginning of the end of GTE in Europe?- certainly might explain why GTE Pro numbers were fairly small on the Le Mans entry this year, and why a few names ended up on the reserve list.
It certainly seems like that could be the case. Given what Black Swan said about GT budgets vs. P2 budgets, I'm not so sure if privateer GTEs will be returning anytime soon either. On top of that, we know that the European TV directors don't like to show anything but the top of the P1 class. That ran BMW off it seems.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3024158)   #274
KA
Veteran

Quote:
If there are a number of LMPC/GTC teams that can't find the budget to run the whole of a short continental championship, I really wonder how legitimate those teams are. I guess I can kind of understand GTC as perhaps teams will be running those cars elsewhere in other series, but LMPC? That does not make a whole lot of sense. I guess that's why I'm a bit concerned about the car count.
Looking at the list as reported on Auto-Hebdo, they don't seem to have announced any LMPC entries yet (apart from a mention of a Loeb entry alongside their P2), but appear to be waiting until after the test scheduled later this month for some reason- They seem to be confident that they've got 6-8 full-season cars confirmed, but just aren't naming them yet...

'In the LMPC category, whose tests programmed at the Paul Ricard circuit were cancelled because of snow, the number of entries will be confirmed after the upcoming sessions on 23 and 24 February. Between six and eight Formula Le Mans are already confirmed for the whole season.'
http://www.lemans-series.com/en/s03_....php?news=2065

For the GTC class, maybe they're expecting a number of local entries at each round, rather than full-season regulars?
Old 10 Feb 2012, 16:38 (Ref:3024166)   #275
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Looking at the list as reported on Auto-Hebdo, they don't seem to have announced any LMPC entries yet (apart from a mention of a Loeb entry alongside their P2), but appear to be waiting until after the test scheduled later this month for some reason- They seem to be confident that they've got 6-8 full-season cars confirmed, but just aren't naming them yet...
I guess that makes sense even if it does not really make sense. But, yeah, the ELMS has had a bit of a drop off at certain rounds over the past few years (particularly the Portuguese rounds) so I'm just not sure what to expect over the course of the season.