Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 Dec 2011, 13:09 (Ref:3000791)   #101
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Couldn't he still be a driver for their WEC car at Le Mans?
Old 16 Dec 2011, 13:32 (Ref:3000802)   #102
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
And I'll be the 2nd to ask, why? I thought they had 2 Le Mans invites, so 6 possible driver slots.
2 Invites are not much use when you only have the funds to run one car.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 13:35 (Ref:3000803)   #103
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
2 Invites are not much use when you only have the funds to run one car.
Except for the fact that the team has mentioned that they will take up both their automatic invites from this year.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 14:31 (Ref:3000823)   #104
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Couldn't he still be a driver for their WEC car at Le Mans?
Maybe they have all three seats in that car already tied up but not announced?
Old 16 Dec 2011, 17:58 (Ref:3000907)   #105
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Except for the fact that the team has mentioned that they will take up both their automatic invites from this year.
In this article from Racecar Engineering, Mr Greaves states the following:

Quote:
What are Greaves Motorsport’s plans for the 2012 season?
Greaves Motorsport will contest both the FIA World Endurance Championship and the Le Mans Series plus of course the Le Mans 24 Hours, all in the LM P2 class. One car in each and two at the Le Mans 24 Hours. Well, that is the plan.
And while yes, plans can change, I haven't heard anything to say they aren't running in the WEC and having 2 cars at Le Mans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Maybe they have all three seats in that car already tied up but not announced?
That is a possibility. they may have 3 drivers in their WEC car already.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 18:43 (Ref:3000927)   #106
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In this article from Racecar Engineering, Mr Greaves states the following:

And while yes, plans can change, I haven't heard anything to say they aren't running in the WEC and having 2 cars at Le Mans.

That is a possibility. they may have 3 drivers in their WEC car already.
They have all 3 WEC drivers confirmed. Just not announced yet.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 20:34 (Ref:3000973)   #107
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge View Post
They have all 3 WEC drivers confirmed. Just not announced yet.
Thanks, that clears that up! Hopefully Mr. Kimber-Smith finds a ride at Le Mans with somebody.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 22:09 (Ref:3001014)   #108
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sad that TK-S seems to be getting the boot for Blundell, unless there are driver classification differences between the two I know which one I'd go for on potential pace (and it's not the one who's friends with the rest of the driving squad). I don't think Blundell has the edge anymore as he was not up to the other MB's pace at Daytona last year, nor to his fitness.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 23:45 (Ref:3001043)   #109
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Thanks, that clears that up! Hopefully Mr. Kimber-Smith finds a ride at Le Mans with somebody.
Might be a spare seat at Strakka if they run a P2 HPD ?
Old 16 Dec 2011, 23:47 (Ref:3001044)   #110
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Sad that TK-S seems to be getting the boot for Blundell, unless there are driver classification differences between the two I know which one I'd go for on potential pace (and it's not the one who's friends with the rest of the driving squad). I don't think Blundell has the edge anymore as he was not up to the other MB's pace at Daytona last year, nor to his fitness.
So it will be Brundle-Blundell-Brundle ? ............. .............. great crew , but a real tongue twister !!!
Old 17 Dec 2011, 01:01 (Ref:3001065)   #111
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of the Brundles, I wonder if Martin is on Robin's Christmas card list this year! Also, any truth to the rumor that Jimmy Bly is the reserve driver for the Brundle-Blundell car?
Old 17 Dec 2011, 01:55 (Ref:3001075)   #112
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Speaking of the Brundles, I wonder if Martin is on Robin's Christmas card list this year! Also, any truth to the rumor that Jimmy Bly is the reserve driver for the Brundle-Blundell car?
I hear Brandenburg, Dangerfield, and Tanto are also available.
Old 17 Dec 2011, 03:01 (Ref:3001082)   #113
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
I hear Brandenburg, Dangerfield, and Tanto are also available.
Memo Moreno is signed to drive the Muscle Milk LMPC in the ALMS. Well, something like that at least.

Consider yourself lucky if you have no idea what we are talking about.

In other news, the ELMS has a new logo. You better make sure your sock tethers are attached before looking at it.
Old 17 Dec 2011, 04:46 (Ref:3001091)   #114
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
So it will be Brundle-Blundell-Brundle ? ............. .............. great crew , but a real tongue twister !!!
Brundell Bros. and Son?
Old 17 Dec 2011, 09:26 (Ref:3001123)   #115
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Memo Moreno is signed to drive the Muscle Milk LMPC in the ALMS. Well, something like that at least.

Consider yourself lucky if you have no idea what we are talking about.

In other news, the ELMS has a new logo. You better make sure your sock tethers are attached before looking at it.
Memo is Roberto, right?
This guy was great in IndyCars.

I just googled it and have no idea what the hell it is now. Seems like a fictional character...

I never believed Roberto actually signed for Muscle Milk :P
Old 17 Dec 2011, 11:19 (Ref:3001166)   #116
The Badger
Veteran

I thought the Memo involved , was Gidley ?
Old 17 Dec 2011, 14:57 (Ref:3001232)   #117
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It's references to the movie "Driven", so there.
Old 17 Dec 2011, 23:33 (Ref:3001395)   #118
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
:P
Old 18 Dec 2011, 03:58 (Ref:3001437)   #119
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
It's references to the movie "Driven", so there.
I see that some here are unfamiliar with CART's version of Le Mans! The main character of Driven, Jimmy Bly, drove Mark Blundell's car and had the same helmet with JB on it instead of MB. There was also the Memo Moreno character, an odd mixture of Muscle Milk's Memo Gidley and Roberto Moreno.

But, yes, you can't call yourself a motorsports fan if you have not seen Driven. The list of things Driven has taught us: an OW car will go flying wildly if it hits a tire barrier squarely while going 20 mph (well maybe an IRL Dallara will), that cars flying into water is normal, that wheels can fly off cars and hit people with no damage, that show car Indycars have engines, fuel, and on-board starters, and that professional photographers take pictures with just their SLR body and no lens. I stay up at night sometimes wondering why Driven did not win an Oscar. How could it be? How could it be?
Old 18 Dec 2011, 04:38 (Ref:3001440)   #120
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you still have no clue what AGD is talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTxf1qaLbfY

Old 18 Dec 2011, 08:21 (Ref:3001465)   #121
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I see that some here are unfamiliar with CART's version of Le Mans!
Woah! Lets not say things we cannot take back here . Driven was a pile of garbage in all parts whereas Le Mans was damn good even if all of us didnt follow the storyline (there was one? )

Driven without the storyline and Rambo would've been still the pile of garbage whereas Le Mans could've been even as good story or no story. Its that movie that made me wish I was born thirty years earlier so I couldve been there to witness such wonderful machines such as the 917 in their era.
Old 18 Dec 2011, 10:21 (Ref:3001486)   #122
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Woah! Lets not say things we cannot take back here . Driven was a pile of garbage in all parts whereas Le Mans was damn good even if all of us didnt follow the storyline (there was one? )
No worries, I wasn't insulting Le Mans. By saying that Driven was the "CART version" of Le Mans, what I was basically saying was that Driven should have and could have been as good as Le Mans, but it turned out to be massively crappy to almost comedic levels! Driven was so bad, I'd almost rather see a Bill Cosby movie instead of it. Almost. As the clip FCP linked shows, the interpretations of racing that Driven showed are so bad that it is funny in a way.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 19:35 (Ref:3002389)   #123
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/#!/dsceuroeditor

40 cars expected, Le Mans entries for top two in P2, GTE-Pro, GTE-Am.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 19:55 (Ref:3002395)   #124
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so, if the 2013 Le Mans is the target for a team, they shouldnt choose lmpc or gtc. I hope this and other factors will lead to a decline in those classes in lms, and hope for a killer fight in lmp2 with many entries

(I thought the top lmpc team(s) could race at le mans in lmp2.....)
Old 20 Dec 2011, 19:57 (Ref:3002396)   #125
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No way in hell they're gonna get 40 full-season entries (unless there's sudden massive level of interest in GTE and GTC), and even with partial entries they're lucky to reach that figure, I'd think.

That 20 car minimun got me worried.