Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 Dec 2014, 11:04 (Ref:3482862)   #76
Jameson
Racer

Jameson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Unless they're in the running for the championship, I can see MVDS giving Imola a miss, BMW really want some strong representation at N24 and Marc VDS would end up there. Not unless they split the team but I can't see them having the resources to do that.
If you've run 4 cars, 2 separate teams, in GT1 World alongside a Blancpain program including 3 different brands at the 24h Spa + their motorcycle efforts, I think running 2 GT3s at the Ring and 1 GTE in Imola should not be impossible.
Old 7 Dec 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3482885)   #77
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
I think it's three confirmed cars:

Bolton University (Ginetta-Juno)
SVK by Speed Factory (Ginetta-Juno)
Greaves Motorsport (Ginetta-Juno)
and Team LNT
Old 7 Dec 2014, 14:27 (Ref:3482888)   #78
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
and Team LNT
Thanks. Do you know if there is an entry limit for ELMS, and if yes, how many cars can enter? 2014 already had quite a lot of entries, and with the addition of LMP3, and possible further growth in LMP2, entry lists could be even larger next season.
Old 7 Dec 2014, 16:50 (Ref:3482906)   #79
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Is it the actual car though or just the parts from the USA?
I was under the impression that the car will be one of the ones RLL has run in the states. RLL is set to utilize 2 brand new cars for 2015 stateside.
Old 8 Dec 2014, 06:42 (Ref:3483029)   #80
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
If you've run 4 cars, 2 separate teams, in GT1 World alongside a Blancpain program including 3 different brands at the 24h Spa + their motorcycle efforts, I think running 2 GT3s at the Ring and 1 GTE in Imola should not be impossible.

Fair enough. I forgot they had a motorbike team
Old 8 Dec 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3483054)   #81
Planty
Rookie

Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Planty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was under the impression that the car will be one of the ones RLL has run in the states. RLL is set to utilize 2 brand new cars for 2015 stateside.
However....RLL cars were built in Munich.
If they are building two new for Rahal, there could be one more for Marc VDS as long as they have affairs with factory. Still budgetwise...it would be maybe better to buy old one from USA.
Old 8 Dec 2014, 09:14 (Ref:3483060)   #82
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Fair enough. I forgot they had a motorbike team
Not just any motorbike team. They field top entries in Moto2 and Moto3 and starting in 2015, will have a factory relationship with Honda to run their satillite car.
Old 8 Dec 2014, 14:09 (Ref:3483123)   #83
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
How many BMW Z4 GTE have been build so far? 3 or 4?
Old 8 Dec 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3483157)   #84
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great news!
Old 9 Dec 2014, 03:36 (Ref:3483309)   #85
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
A partial season in WEC and/or ELMS was hinted but Krohn is going to ELMS full time (while also doing the [edit - first two races of the] NAEC in TUSC and maybe some more):

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/...-mans-program/

good move Tracy!

Last edited by Coach Ep; 9 Dec 2014 at 03:50.
Old 9 Dec 2014, 03:36 (Ref:3483310)   #86
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planty View Post
However....RLL cars were built in Munich.
If they are building two new for Rahal, there could be one more for Marc VDS as long as they have affairs with factory. Still budgetwise...it would be maybe better to buy old one from USA.
RLL tweeted a pic today that appears to show last year's cars next to a new chassis. Don't know the location of the pic.

Check out @RLLracing's Tweet: https://twitter.com/RLLracing/status...649036801?s=09
Old 9 Dec 2014, 05:58 (Ref:3483326)   #87
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Heres all 3

They say the white is the new car.
Old 9 Dec 2014, 11:26 (Ref:3483385)   #88
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmm, might be nothing, but the 'new' car has green wing end plates. GTLM cars in TUSCC need to run red.

The only new thing I really can see is the new front bumper.

Also, I guess MarcVDS will be there to know the car more.

On Autosport.be they said MarcVDS will race with a former testing chassis, but I am not sure that is correct.
Old 9 Dec 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3483393)   #89
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
These Ibanez cars look great.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/iba...ses-oreca-03r/
Old 9 Dec 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3483466)   #90
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
TDS Ligier quickly sold - to Algarve Pro Racing

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/...-ligier-js-p2/

Hopefully we'll see the car return to the ELMS next year.

I guess TDS will go for the new Oreca 05.
Old 9 Dec 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3483468)   #91
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
TDS Ligier quickly sold - to Algarve Pro Racing

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/...-ligier-js-p2/

Hopefully we'll see the car return to the ELMS next year.

I guess TDS will go for the new Oreca 05.
Genuinely fascinated by the flip/flop approach taken by TDS to chassis choices. Suspect there's a really interesting story to be told here in terms of customer acquisition and retention - and equally suspect it's the sort of thing that unless we're really lucky (and this does happen sometimes) we may never really get to hear.
Old 9 Dec 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3483483)   #92
Coach Ep
Veteran

The DSC article on G-Drive/Rusinov seem to provide some info:

Quote:
“There have been problems with Brembo brakes before on another car, (the TDS Ligier which the team are now selling, upset over a lack of reliability).”
Old 12 Dec 2014, 12:30 (Ref:3484375)   #93
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Chris Hoy and Ginetta GT4 Supercup champ Charlie Robertson to run in ELMS LMP3 with Team LNT.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/1...ssan-lmp3.html
Old 12 Dec 2014, 12:40 (Ref:3484376)   #94
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Chris Hoy and Ginetta GT4 Supercup champ Charlie Robertson to run in ELMS LMP3 with Team LNT.

I have just seen that, that is good news. It looks like there is a lot going in Garforth at present.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3484379)   #95
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post

excellent news. and a bit of a coup for elms, having sir chris in the field. should create a tiny bit more interest in the general media for the series too.

the interesting thing for me is that this is a textbook use of the lmp3 series (and the lmpc class before it, i spose) as the aco sold it. it's a great place for the older driver to start, and it's a great way for the younger driver to get an idea of what skills are and aren't transferrable.

i suppose with your massively cynical hat on you could argue it's a bit of a ringer entry, given it's lnt (ie ginetta, really) running the car and sir chris isn't exactly a noob. but it's not as if it's outside of the spirit of the regs or anything like that like some argue the ex-single seater silver drivers are.
Old 16 Dec 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3485580)   #96
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd be interested to hear what bella and other forumers think of Tom Dillmann.

He's popped up on the ACO rankings today as a silver driver. Strikes me that he is a good, quick guy for an ELMS team to snap up. A steal really with that ranking. After 10 years in formula cars I think he's been pretty much chewed up and spat out. He just doesn't have the results to match what I think is an under-rated talent.

He's been trying to go down the Porsche route but he got passed over in the shoot-out for Cairoli. I'm guessing age was potentially a factor in that decision? I'd really like to see him get a shot in a P2 car this year.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 11:24 (Ref:3485738)   #97
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
dillman's one of those "if he's that good, why hasn't someone picked him up" drivers in my eyes. obviously he's not exactly loaded, and he's had plenty of opportunities and done well when he needs to and yet...

that said, rating him as a silver is a HUGE reach on behalf of the aco. it rather looks like them giving him a bit of a career break. if i was simon dolan or one of those very disgruntled with the rating system i'd be pretty unamused at that.

if i was a conspiracy theorist i'd probably look at his nationality, then at his ranking, then wonder out loud if he's going to end up at signatech alpine...

Last edited by bella; 17 Dec 2014 at 11:31.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3485886)   #98
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Dillmann ends up at Signatech-Alpine, I imagine Dolan's head might explode. I rate Tom Dillmann much higher than the likes of Chatin (when he came into LMP2), and on the same level as the likes of Berthon and Derani. The silver ranking is perplexing.

Last edited by Beryl; 17 Dec 2014 at 22:37.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 22:57 (Ref:3485899)   #99
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
dillman's already done the big car experience which imo for single seater refugees is what seperates silver from gold. if you've done more than half a season of 3.5 or gp2, you're a gold. end of. i think two litres then lmp-c as it was or lmp3 now should probably allow a silver rating, as per chatin.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 12:59 (Ref:3486041)   #100
Mike E
Veteran

Another Ginetta-Juno announced for next year, from Lanan Racing.

"2015 we will be entering an LMP3 Ginetta in European Le Mans Series.Have 1 driver confirmed.Options for 2 other seats http://t.co/PD5HtjLXDG"

https://twitter.com/LananRacing/stat...34844772077569