Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 26 Feb 2006, 17:58 (Ref:1531959)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Disaster

It looks is I am not going to be out taking photos for a little while as my 10D is on it way back to Canon.

I was Stoneleigh yesterday and all day was suffering from error 99's. I changed the lenses, battries, memory cards etc and I still had the same problem, luckly I did managed to get some photo's but not everything I wanted, but such is life. I'm not sure what the problems is but I have funny feeling that the shutter might have gone.

Hopefully it wouldn't be away for too long, so I can get back out there snapping.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 19:13 (Ref:1531993)   #2
Joe T
Rookie

Joe T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope it gets sorted soon.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 11:21 (Ref:1532411)   #3
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When my shutter mech went I didnt get any errors just black cat in coal cellar shots.
Had some error 99's in extreme wet & cold but I actually suspect it was my media rather than the cam as it only happened on Microdrives
Old 27 Feb 2006, 14:38 (Ref:1532540)   #4
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Error 99 can be associated with dirty lens contacts on the camera body, carefully clean those and on the lens and see if that improves the situation.

One way of telling if the shutter has gone is to remove the lens and use the sensor clean option to lift the mirror up, if the mirror fails to lift completely then the shutter has gone, it cost a friend 150quid for his 300D to be fixed at a local Canon authorised repair centre.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 19:26 (Ref:1532675)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Luckly my camara is under guardantee and I can replicate the error with out a lens on.
Old 16 Mar 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1550447)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Well I got home from work today and I had a little suprise waiting for my, my 10D its back and in just under 2 weeks, I am well impressed. They have replaced the Shutter and the CMOS, so I am back in business, so BRC Live here I come !!!!
Old 16 Mar 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1550458)   #7
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
Well I got home from work today and I had a little suprise waiting for my, my 10D its back and in just under 2 weeks, I am well impressed. They have replaced the Shutter and the CMOS, so I am back in business, so BRC Live here I come !!!!
Did you send to Canon at Elstree? I have found the service there to be superb. I'm a CPS member, and had a 400mm 2.8 lens and a 20D repaired there at Xmas - went in Friday before Xmas, collected first day back in new year! How's that for service??
Old 16 Mar 2006, 19:44 (Ref:1550465)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
No it went to a place in Stoke, as I say quite suprised to see it back soon as I was not expecting to see it for another 2 or 3 weeks.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 01:10 (Ref:1550721)   #9
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No it went to a place in Stoke, as I say quite suprised to see it back soon as I was not expecting to see it for another 2 or 3 weeks.
H Lehmann by any chance?? Bought some spares for my 400mm there, recommended by Canon repair centre, which I thought was odd, but it served the purpose
Old 17 Mar 2006, 23:35 (Ref:1551553)   #10
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Can I ask how much it cost you to get repaired?
Old 18 Mar 2006, 10:17 (Ref:1551728)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Nothing, when I bought 18 months ago I also brought a 3 year extended guarantee and I thought it would be better to be safe than sorry. I am gald I got now because is paid for its self, following this repair.