Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Sep 2003, 18:33 (Ref:722181)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Promec & Lucchini LMP2s for 2004

I read the brief news item on the home page here, but I was wondering the following:

1. I'm assuming that the Lucchini's will be fitted with the Alfa Romeo engines....can anyone give me any details on that powerplant...dispalcement, # of cylinders, turbo or nornally aspirated, # of valves, etc...what kind of power & torque does it deliver????

2. We had read rumors in other threads about Promec using Maserati power for this LMP2....is that still the case???? and Can anyone enlighten me concerning this engine (same questions as above...)

Thanks!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 18 Sep 2003, 16:45 (Ref:723215)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
1. Is this not a 3L V6 Alfa engine?
2. Still rumors.
Old 18 Sep 2003, 17:50 (Ref:723274)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
According to the gto-racing website:

Quote:
V6 Alfa Romeo
2959 cc ( 93 x 72,6 mm )
Old 18 Sep 2003, 17:53 (Ref:723280)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not sure, but it would sound right...

I ask this because the only Alpha racing engine I'm familiar with was the dog-slow turbo V-8 that Patrick Racing campaigned with in CART in the early 1990s.....they were way off the pace at Indy and everywhere else they raced....

Old 18 Sep 2003, 17:54 (Ref:723283)   #5
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I must have been typing my response while you were sending yours....thanks FIRE!

Old 19 Sep 2003, 11:44 (Ref:724073)   #6
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Re: Promec & Lucchini LMP2s for 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
I read the brief news item on the home page here, but I was wondering the following:

1. I'm assuming that the Lucchini's will be fitted with the Alfa Romeo engines....can anyone give me any details on that powerplant...dispalcement, # of cylinders, turbo or nornally aspirated, # of valves, etc...what kind of power & torque does it deliver????

Just a bit of idle speculation, but they may not go down the Alfa route- although most Lucchinis in the last few years (only other exception I can remember in the FIASSC was SCI's Cosworth-powered SR1 version back around 1998/9)seem to have been have been Alfa-powered, I think the factory car in FIASSC this year has been running a Nissan V6
Old 19 Sep 2003, 14:21 (Ref:724266)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
There is a Lucchini running the Nissan, but I can't remember if it is the factory car, and at least one other that has Alfa power....you are probably right on the factory car running the Nissan V6

Old 19 Sep 2003, 15:08 (Ref:724315)   #8
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
It is the Lucchini Engineering entry that's Nissan-powered this year- they took the car to Daytona as well

http://www.grandamerican.com/photos/...=152&photo=980
Old 19 Sep 2003, 15:36 (Ref:724351)   #9
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a big Alfa fan, but I must admit the the V-6 motor is way past it's prime. It would really need to run at the ragged edge to put out 400 hp...
Old 19 Sep 2003, 23:48 (Ref:724733)   #10
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
The Lucchini at Daytona did indeed have the Nissan V6 3 litre. Also three gung ho drivers. Put on a great show until they lost the motor.