Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Sep 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2549082)   #26
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
That pic cant be 1999 , cuz the track wasnt like that then . I expect it was 2006 at the earlierest .
It could not have been after 2006! That's the old profile Dunlop Curve! And the older Dunlop Bridge!
Old 30 Sep 2009, 13:11 (Ref:2551210)   #27
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
It could not have been after 2006! That's the old profile Dunlop Curve! And the older Dunlop Bridge!
No way is that the old profile, as the bridge was over a straight, which came down the hill to the Esses. What you can see is La Chapelle, the new bigger esses.

Additionally, as a marshal, I can confirm there is now more room for the marshals there on the right side of the bridge that didn't exist with the old bridge.

So the photo is definitely post 2006.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 23:10 (Ref:2551577)   #28
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
erm...I dont want to start a war (moi...never!) but....this could be pre 2006 as it is. I believe the track was like that in 2000 . The pic i think has been taken facing towards the esses /tertre rouge (hence the red streams and the track does rise there with the crest being before the dunlop bridge ) from somewhere past the pits and the track was like that in 2000.

I think i know this for three reasons

1 I have the programme from 2000 and it has a plan of the circuit and it shows that the track curves to the right after the start finish straight and then sharp left then right a straight THEN under dunlop bridge and a straight down the hill past where the fair was to the Esses

2 I have the playstation game "Le Mans 2000" which i bought in...yes you guessed it 2000 and the track was like that on the game.

3 I go every year (well most years and have done for 15 years)

I cant find the 1999 programme so cannot tell if it was then...but it could be as early as 2000

Thanks
Claire
Old 1 Oct 2009, 07:52 (Ref:2551715)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I would agree the picture looks to me to have been taken as the cars approach the bridge rather than after and could therefore be earlier than 2006.
Old 3 Oct 2009, 19:40 (Ref:2553429)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, Doctor Houx (brilliant name that..... ) should know - he took it, after all.....
Old 3 Oct 2009, 19:42 (Ref:2553430)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

I dare anyone to get anywhere near the quality of this entry!
Oh I have plenty of those every year - some without any car in them at all......
Old 3 Oct 2009, 19:44 (Ref:2553433)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
joke-loc lambo

I would have thought a shot of the Lambo during the race this year would be quite a valuable rarity.......
Old 3 Oct 2009, 22:55 (Ref:2553493)   #33
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
What, like this one. Yes it actually turned a wheel...
Old 4 Oct 2009, 06:57 (Ref:2553632)   #34
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Oh I have plenty of those every year - some without any car in them at all......
Likewise. I have a magnificent collection of blurred shots of tarmac with green edges.. I have also plenty of video footage of my feet!
Old 4 Oct 2009, 20:39 (Ref:2554090)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
What, like this one. Yes it actually turned a wheel...

Blimey, that almost looks like a racing car - not just a WR place-stealer!
Old 5 Oct 2009, 10:11 (Ref:2554391)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I would have thought a shot of the Lambo during the race this year would be quite a valuable rarity.......
It went round so slowly that even a real novice could line up a picture with the lambo in full view and not just the usual blurred picture of the tail or bonnet.
Old 6 Oct 2009, 10:33 (Ref:2555074)   #37
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I had to slow the shutter RIGHT down, to make it look like it's moving...