Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 16 Jan 2002, 14:18 (Ref:199507)   #1
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DE memorial at Daytona

The Buzz: Jan. 15, 2002

January 15, 2002
5:45 PM EST (2245 GMT)

Rumor has it Daytona International Speedway may be planning to remember the late Dale Earnhardt with some type of permanent memorial -- perhaps a statue -- before this year's Daytona 500.

The permanent display was said to be, according to a source, "something all fans would have access to." The official word is expected sometime next week with the ceremony possibly taking place the week leading up to the Feb. 17 race.

Earnhardt is the winningest driver at Daytona, with more than 30 trips to Victory Lane when you add up wins in Winston Cup, Busch, Shootout and IROC events.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 18:33 (Ref:199659)   #2
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: DE memorial at Daytona

Quote:
Originally posted by Roselady3
Earnhardt is the winningest driver at Daytona, with more than 30 trips to Victory Lane when you add up wins in Winston Cup, Busch, Shootout and IROC events.
Forgot about the 125's...he won a few of those too. yeah, yeah, I know, no mouth to mouth if I keep this up...lmao.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 19:40 (Ref:199704)   #3
Roselady3
Veteran

Yep- You got it!
You be dissin' my dude- I'll leave ya there with your arms all a flapping & your face turning blue!

Back to the topic. I had heard that they were going to do something for him there. Rumors said it was going to be a grandstand named after him, or something on that order. A statue would be nice. I hope they do it with his crooked grin & a sparkle in his eye!
Old 16 Jan 2002, 21:37 (Ref:199838)   #4
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very approprite that they do something to honor him, be it a statue, naming a grandstand, or whatever.

While I only pulled for Dale for two years, 82 and 83 when he drove a Ford for Bud Moore, all other years he drove the wrong brand of car, one that I could not ever, even in a drunken stuper pull for, I always respected Dale. He has been, and will be missed for many years to come.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 22:11 (Ref:199861)   #5
Roselady3
Veteran

So Lee- Even if I got you falling down drunk-
I could never get you to root for a Chevy?
Well That's loyality-
There's nothing wrong with that.
I'm just giggling at your way of stating it.

It was nice for you to state that for the dude- Not the make of car that he drove. I know that you being a FORD man, MUST be in a deep depression over the Fords bad testing results! So I'll be nice!
Old 16 Jan 2002, 23:09 (Ref:199883)   #6
Lee
Racer

Roselady3,

Correct, not even falling down drunk would I pull for a stinking chevrolet!

No, I'm not depressed about the test results, I expected it. This is the way NASCAR wants it. To them, and their favored GM brand, chevy, this is parity, chevy with a clear-cut advantage, Ford at a disadvantage! NASCAR has, throughout the years done DAMN LITTLE to help Ford. Only when their chevy bias is so to the extream that it is laughably obvious do they help Ford, just a tiny bit, but they ALWAYS take care, and don't penlize their favored brand! They should re-name themselves GMSCAR, General Motors Stock Car Auto Racing! It would be more true, and realistic, but they would have allot of empty seats, which means they would lose money. If I ran Ford Motor Company, I would tell Bill France, Mike Helton, and whoever else the until they gave me rule equal to the other brands, especially chevy, I would pull my teams, cars and drivers out of the series. I would pay their salries, and watch NASCAR suffer, as they lost money, until the made EVERYTHING equal, without bias toward chevy!
Old 16 Jan 2002, 23:31 (Ref:199896)   #7
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
There is already a grandstand (tower) named for Earnhardt at Daytona...was there before he passed. The upper sections just below the press boxes...south tower is Petty, center is Winston & north is Earnhardt.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 23:32 (Ref:199897)   #8
Racerex
Rookie

Racerex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lars
There is already a grandstand (tower) named for Earnhardt at Daytona...was there before he passed. The upper sections just below the press boxes...south tower is Petty, center is Winston & north is Earnhardt.
http://www.tribune-chronicle.com/news/story/01152002_new01.asp
Old 17 Jan 2002, 01:48 (Ref:199925)   #9
Lee
Racer

Let this be a warning to you racerex, you don't dare me to do anything, do you understand that? This is your first warning! you'll get very few others, I will ban you from this site faster than you can blink your eye! That is a personal attack on a member of the forum, a moderator at that, and personal attacks on forum members are not tolerated here! Have you got that clear?

Last edited by Lee; 17 Jan 2002 at 01:53.
Old 17 Jan 2002, 02:31 (Ref:199928)   #10
Lee
Racer

No, I happen to have had more authority that most people have in a lifetime, certianlly more that a pathetic individual that list in his profile, "I'm an idiot" and list his occupation as anal! You obviously are here to do one thing, stir up trouble, as people that list thing of such nature in their profiles are known to do! BTW, you are not capable of making yourself clear!
Old 17 Jan 2002, 02:42 (Ref:199932)   #11
Racerex
Rookie

I stand corrected "Sir"
I withdraw any and all involvement with this forum, any use of my "handle" racerex is without my consent and any e mail communication from moderators or forum officials from ten-tenths.com will be reported to my ISP as SPAM and harrasment
To bad Lee we really both have a lot in common.
Old 17 Jan 2002, 02:46 (Ref:199935)   #12
Racerex
Rookie

its too bad everyone could not see the post you were so upset about.why not?"Sir"?
Old 17 Jan 2002, 02:50 (Ref:199938)   #13
Roselady3
Veteran

Oh My!
Gheesh! A nice post about my deceased dude's memorial-
& you all are in here ruining it!

Now BACK to just HOW NICE IT IS TO HAVE A MEMORIAL FOR DE!
Old 17 Jan 2002, 02:57 (Ref:199940)   #14
Lee
Racer

Roselady3,

I am sorry this troll has popped in and ruined you thread. Please get the original topic of the thread, "A Daytona Memorial for Dale Earnhardt" back on track. As I said in an earlier post, he certinally rates it.
Old 17 Jan 2002, 03:28 (Ref:199945)   #15
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Quote:
Originally posted by Racerex
http://www.tribune-chronicle.com/news/story/01152002_new01.asp
Huh? not sure X-man, what this article has to do with a DE memorial? Rosie speculated a section of stands being named for Earnhardt & having been there before knew they already had a section named for him & other drivers.
Old 17 Jan 2002, 03:48 (Ref:199951)   #16
Racerex
Rookie

I actually took that out of context. I meant to convey that the stands that were dedicated to the Earnhardts prior to Dales death were a little lesser(is that a word?)memorial than what I would expect from a Daytona memorial only one year after his death.
I thought maybe somthing like naming pole day or the twin qualifiers or ?? I dunna maybe thats a little much.
Old 17 Jan 2002, 03:52 (Ref:199954)   #17
Roselady3
Veteran

Not too much!
I think they should name the Daytona 500 - The DALEtona 500!
Old 17 Jan 2002, 03:55 (Ref:199956)   #18
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
I think a nice memorial right as you walk into Daytona USA would be really neat.