Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Jan 2003, 18:12 (Ref:489699)   #1
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Will Hoy – Memorial Service

Quote:
WILL HOY – MEMORIAL SERVICE

A memorial service to celebrate the life and motor sport career of Will Hoy will be held at St Luke’s Church, Sydney Street, London SW3 at 12.00 (noon) on Wednesday 26 March. The family wishes to make it known that everybody – friends, fans and acquaintances – will be welcomed at this special commemorative service.

Hoy – one of the most popular characters in British motor racing and winner of the 1991 British Touring Car Championship – passed away on 19 December at the age of 50 after a short illness.
I've been asked to send copies of any messages posted here to Will's family so if you have anything else to add feel free.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 14:45 (Ref:491892)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly I won't be in the UK on that date but my thoughts will most definitely be with his family and friends.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 18:16 (Ref:492091)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I will be in the UK but not able to attend. I echo Peter's comments and give thanks for the enjoyment that this splendid man provided, both on and off the track.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 02:00 (Ref:493414)   #4
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Memorial

Many people will own their personal memorial to Will Hoy with his driving in BTCC in earlier years and his great commentary in 2002. Rest in peace.

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 4 Feb 2003, 20:36 (Ref:496521)   #5
IanM
Rookie

IanM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was a bit shocked to hear of the loss of Will.Ive seen him race many times at my local circuit Donnington Park,and he has to be one of the best drivers we've ever had.Some of the battles he had with John Cleland on the circuit were some of the best around and made the sport what it is today.The world of Touring Cars will miss him badly and i'd like to see a minutes silence at the beginning of every race this season at every circuit so that the fans can pay their respects to the great man.

Ian Mutch
Grantham,Lincs.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 20:03 (Ref:500810)   #6
speedchick
Rookie

speedchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think words can do Will justice. He was one of the all time greats, not just driver ability, but a wonderful character and a true gentlemen. Rest in peace Will.
Old 9 Feb 2003, 20:16 (Ref:501720)   #7
Guy Goddard2
Racer

Guy Goddard2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant still believe he has gone at the age of 50, he did achieve a dream many would love to own and where ever Will is now that dream will always be his memory.

Thanks my friend.

Guy
Old 9 Feb 2003, 20:33 (Ref:501741)   #8
McKay
Racer

McKay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I hope that's in the school holidays, i REALLY REALLY want to go.
Old 9 Feb 2003, 21:10 (Ref:501779)   #9
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was good to see an obituary for Will in the Times on Saturday 8th February. I thought that it did him justice - thank you whoever it was.

Regards

Jim
Old 10 Feb 2003, 17:58 (Ref:502517)   #10
Chris Stockdale
Rookie

Chris Stockdale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Hoy is an idol of mine and often wanted to meet him in person but sadley i will never get the chance to my thoughts are with his family and friends
WILL HOY NEVER FORGOTTEN
One true fan Chris Stockdale

Last edited by Chris Stockdale; 10 Feb 2003 at 17:59.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 21:25 (Ref:502726)   #11
coxmattycox
Racer

coxmattycox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its a real shame about will
sadly i cant make it at school
Old 10 Feb 2003, 21:37 (Ref:502744)   #12
IanM
Rookie

IanM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To echo Chris Stockdale.I was lucky enough to meet and chat to the man at Donnington.He was a top bloke.Always had a good chat with the fans and nothing was too much trouble for him.The prima donna's in F1 could have learnt a lot from him.God bless and rest in peace Will..
Old 11 Feb 2003, 13:35 (Ref:503359)   #13
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Correction

Quote:
an obituary for Will in the Times on Saturday 8th February
No, I got the date wrong, it was Friday 7th. Sorry for any confusion.

Regards

Jim
Old 12 Feb 2003, 07:59 (Ref:504098)   #14
John Reeves
Rookie

John Reeves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had the privelidge of meeting Will at Silverstone. He was a true gentleman and made a great impression on me for both his charm and friendliness. I along with many others will sadly miss his skills behind the wheel of a racing car and the knowledge and charisma he had when commentating.
Will you will be missed. Thank you and rest in peace.