Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Apr 2003, 11:25 (Ref:557081)   #26
Rcutler
Rookie

Rcutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want a real appreciation of the rain in 2001 go out and buy the speedtribe DVD they have used the rain and the brollies to really show the atmosphere at the trackside. It is the best portrail of the atmosphere at le mans that is avaliable on DVD. Buy it, it is a must.

I think the website address is www.dance.com
Old 3 Apr 2003, 11:36 (Ref:557096)   #27
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Bernard, you're waterproof anyway !

I am, but my camera isn't
actually, it nearly crashed in 2001, and I've got several 36 frames films with only 2 or 3 photos on each

rain !!
Old 3 Apr 2003, 11:38 (Ref:557100)   #28
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Read my lips guys.....

THERE WILL BE NO RAIN

well, anyway, we'll be there no matter the weather, don't we?
Old 3 Apr 2003, 11:39 (Ref:557101)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by chezza
Its my first trip to Le Mans this year and its not allowed to rain...not one drop!

Yes, I like your style chezza.

It can rain a drop or two, but no more than that and preferably while I'm under cover.......
Old 3 Apr 2003, 11:48 (Ref:557116)   #30
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2001 i was at the Dunlop Bridge listening to Radio Lemans about all the spinners out the back while the sun was on my face. 2 minutes later , with a Panoz LMP07 in the lead ( yes its true !!!! ) the Sky Collapsed on me. I stayed wet until 5.30pm the following day when i returned to the coach and only thanks to Beer did it stay half way bearable. Last year i took loads of wet weather gear and got Sunstroke !!! but still, i will return again this year. Everything about the place makes me smile, strange but true
Old 3 Apr 2003, 11:54 (Ref:557123)   #31
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It can rain a drop or two, but no more than that and preferably while I'm under cover.......
Do I detect a softening of your attitude! Surely not.
Old 3 Apr 2003, 11:57 (Ref:557126)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by LC2guy
Everything about the place makes me smile, strange but true
Spot on.

I have a smile on my face when I wake up on the morning I'm due to leave.

I have another smile when we land in France.

I have a huge smile on my face when I walk through the entrance at the circuit - that really is a magic moment.

Subject to the weather (and no, I'm not really softening my attitude, I'm just recognising the fact that a spot or two of rain can spice things up a little if things are audi-ish (i.e. dull)), I have a smile on my face for most of the rest of the weekend - particularly throughout the night - until I realise its time to leave again.......
Old 3 Apr 2003, 15:20 (Ref:557367)   #33
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As long as i don't get absolutely drenched i don't really mind...i just wanna be able to top up my tan while i can watch one of the best races in the world!!

I can;t wait to go...starting to count down the days!! 69 days til i go...yay!
Old 3 Apr 2003, 15:39 (Ref:557386)   #34
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Spot on.

I have a smile on my face when I wake up on the morning I'm due to leave.

I have another smile when we land in France.

I have a huge smile on my face when I walk through the entrance at the circuit - that really is a magic moment.
And you had a huge smile on your face (and waving hello !), when you looked up in the grandstand and we met for the first time (sounds like a love affair ) !

Last edited by Fab; 3 Apr 2003 at 15:39.
Old 3 Apr 2003, 15:40 (Ref:557389)   #35
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by chezza
...i just wanna be able to top up my tan while i can watch one of the best races in the world!!

one of the best races?! one of the best races?!

shurely shome mishtake?
Old 3 Apr 2003, 15:48 (Ref:557396)   #36
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
I am, but my camera isn't
actually, it nearly crashed in 2001, and I've got several 36 frames films with only 2 or 3 photos on each

rain !!
It reminds me a memory, except that we've all the same for 2001 ; last april (2002), I went to the track to take pics of the new curves downhill dunlop bridge. The ground was not stable yet, and... I've drown into the mudd, with my city costume and my Church shoes !!! Ugly !!! Can't stop to laugh when I think of it, but I can assure you that I was not laughing at this very moment !
Old 3 Apr 2003, 15:50 (Ref:557397)   #37
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
shurely shome mishtake?
The french akchent of Clermont Ferrand