Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Mar 2003, 15:33 (Ref:540233)   #1
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans coverage

I was just wondering (and i appologise if this has been asked before) if Terrestrial television in England has any coverage of Le Mans.
I believe that last year C4 has some coverage (i think i stayed up for it) i was just wondering if there are any plans to show it this year of if anyone has the rights to it.
Old 18 Mar 2003, 18:12 (Ref:540341)   #2
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I've no idea about this year, but the channel 4 coverage was in 2001 and not 2002, and very good it was too. I beleive they own the rights but chose not to use them last year. Perhaps its worth badgering them to cover it this year!
Old 18 Mar 2003, 18:36 (Ref:540355)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I feel a petition coming on.....
Old 18 Mar 2003, 18:42 (Ref:540360)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really hope they show somin' Last year there was nothing. 01 there was, and yes it was good.
I think they've got their priorities wrong. They are buying the Simpsons for £70'000 per episode (not that i don't like the Simpsons
Old 18 Mar 2003, 19:03 (Ref:540379)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If there is no TV coverage over here in the UK, remember you can tune into Radio Le Mans on the net.
Old 18 Mar 2003, 19:15 (Ref:540392)   #6
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i really enjoyed their coverage from sebring, between them and the updating timing screens....great saturday!

and i managed to stay up 40 minutes longer than rdjones!
Old 18 Mar 2003, 19:18 (Ref:540396)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, I had been there snice the start of the race, but I did go to the pub for 2 hours, but I will be up for all of Le Mans, saying that I will be listening to race trackside instead of on the net
Old 18 Mar 2003, 19:41 (Ref:540415)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
mutter mutter...lucky...mutter...mutter arggghhhhh!!!!!!1
Old 18 Mar 2003, 19:52 (Ref:540423)   #9
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
rob i was in and out and saw you sign out around 1.30...i managed till 2ish...then saw the inevitable audi victory coming...so went to bed.

don't think it will be the same in june...and i too will be trackside wired for radio le mans.
Old 18 Mar 2003, 21:19 (Ref:540531)   #10
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Trackside too for me. But I have emailed channel 4 this evening asking them about their coverage of LM 2003!
Old 18 Mar 2003, 22:11 (Ref:540617)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Ah, more mutter....mutter....mutter, lucky *******s...mutter mutter, It's not fair dammit!

No I hope you all have good fun, and i hope to join you in 04, 05 or 06 and onwards
Old 18 Mar 2003, 22:12 (Ref:540619)   #12
kdr
Veteran

one word....cricket!
Old 18 Mar 2003, 22:18 (Ref:540636)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
one word....cricket!
No Test matchs or 1 dayer's during Le Mans
Old 18 Mar 2003, 22:19 (Ref:540637)   #14
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
cricket! cricket! I reallyHATE cricket!
Seriously, it is quite possibly the most ridiculous game in history. Why do we make our country look like such idiots by going around losing at every game we invent!
Old 18 Mar 2003, 22:27 (Ref:540657)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
cricket! cricket! I reallyHATE cricket!
Seriously, it is quite possibly the most ridiculous game in history. Why do we make our country look like such idiots by going around losing at every game we invent!
There is nothing wrong with Cricket, in fact it is one of my favourite sports
Old 18 Mar 2003, 22:34 (Ref:540665)   #16
kdr
Veteran

i like cricket also(and i'm scottish), although its lost a bit of its sheen since arnie sidebottom retired.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 07:50 (Ref:540905)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
If there is no TV coverage over here in the UK, remember you can tune into Radio Le Mans on the net.
I shall certainly be listening in on Wednesday evening (recording most of it as well, I suspect - yes, I'm that sad!).

Is that right P - £70,000 an episode for the Simpsons? I love 'em, but £70,000???????
Old 19 Mar 2003, 08:10 (Ref:540934)   #18
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
In fact I have book the Wednesday and Thrusday before the race of work, just so I can listern to RLM before I go out to the race, not that is sad...........
Old 19 Mar 2003, 09:08 (Ref:540975)   #19
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
i would but as its on the net and my dad isn't exactly generous with the time he allows us to have i would only be able to listen to about 10mins before i got kicked off.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 09:26 (Ref:540989)   #20
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
I have contacted Channel 4 asking about coverage but their site states that it may take up to 6 weeks to reply.
There was no indication that they have any intention to show the event as there was no advertising or information regarding it.
If anyone else wishes to contact them and show that there is an interest then go to www.channel4.co.uk go to 'contact us' at the bottom of the screen, and then fill out an enquiry form.

for a quick link to the enquiry form i think this may work, http://www.channel4.co.uk/about_c4/c..._enquiries.cfm please contact them.

Last edited by Smokey 6 litre; 19 Mar 2003 at 09:28.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 09:50 (Ref:541001)   #21
kdr
Veteran

rob...whats sad is you're off on wednesday and thursday - and not at le mans!
Old 19 Mar 2003, 09:56 (Ref:541008)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I shall certainly be listening in on Wednesday evening (recording most of it as well, I suspect - yes, I'm that sad!).
Now that is sad, although I wish I had last year. I got a mention on Wednesday evening.

It's just a shame I had to stop listening to get in the car and drive to Le Mans!
Old 19 Mar 2003, 13:34 (Ref:541156)   #23
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What with all the additional channels and frequencies available from satalite and digital radio, could it not be broadcast via one of them. If you can watch Al jazeera Tv on Sky, why not radio Le mans? Being only available via the net is a problem especially at work, but then i guess thats were they get there money from, advertising from the web site, and the number of hits.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 18:21 (Ref:541396)   #24
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
rob...whats sad is you're off on wednesday and thursday - and not at le mans!
Lack of Finance, I am planning to be there for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday next year
Old 19 Mar 2003, 18:40 (Ref:541411)   #25
kdr
Veteran

not staying for the race?