Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Mar 2003, 21:39 (Ref:540567)   #1
Snoring Rhino
Rookie

Snoring Rhino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Camping

Does any one know of any Camping spaces Track side at Le Mans left this year ? I know there pretty much fully booked so any reserve lists or cancelations would be usefull.
Thanks
Ian
Old 18 Mar 2003, 21:48 (Ref:540580)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, it sold out months ago, u could try someone like MRI or Page & Moy as they may have some camping permits left.
Old 18 Mar 2003, 23:00 (Ref:540701)   #3
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or check out www.lemans24hrs.info for more details.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 06:12 (Ref:540870)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Nothing to sale, even in the small local ACO offices (who some times have 'last minute places' thanks to unexpected cancelations)... sorry Snoring Rhino... and welcome for you're very first post here !
Old 19 Mar 2003, 06:50 (Ref:540881)   #5
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I may have one spare camping tickets for Maison Blanche. I wont know for sure for a couple of weeks, but if you dont find anything let me know at the end of the month.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 07:42 (Ref:540899)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you don't have any success with Mal and you don't mind camping a little further away and travelling in, try

http://www.motorsport-tours.com

And welcome to the forum by the way Rhino - excellent moniker!
Old 20 Mar 2003, 21:46 (Ref:542509)   #7
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spoke to a charming lady from the ACO earlier this month who told me they were negotiating for the use of additional fields...they would know more for definite at the end of March

Unfortunately, she also told me I was number 73 on the waiting list
Old 21 Mar 2003, 10:04 (Ref:542921)   #8
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know they have got some left at Just Tickets but unfortunatley as it is late they are insisting that you also purchase welcome tickets for Bleu or grandstand tickets for Houx Annexe. I know it's a ripoff but its probably the only way to get them now. You sometimes can get some spares when you get there mostly advertised on radio Le Mans

Welcome aboard Rhino

Old 21 Mar 2003, 12:19 (Ref:543061)   #9
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean Crockett
I spoke to a charming lady from the ACO earlier this month who told me they were negotiating for the use of additional fields...they would know more for definite at the end of March
they said exactly the same thing last year, but unfortunately were unable to obtain these fields, due to security problems (ACO) or financial (unoficial- the guy seemed to want too much money for it)
Old 21 Mar 2003, 12:56 (Ref:543097)   #10
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably the best place to scour for any spare camping permits is the Club Arnage forum where there is a fair trade closer to race day. Prices are closely monitered to try to stop auctioneering and profiteering.Find them at www.le-mans.co.uk then go to the forum.

Tickets are not usually sent out until a few weeks before the race although you can actually collect them at PreQ in May. Anybody selling now saying that they actually have the tickets in their grubby mitts wont be able to send them to you yet because they won't have them yet.
Watch out for stuff advertised on e.bay as last year several punters bought tickets on there only to find that they had been duped, and ended up with forgeries. E.bay refunded their dosh, but they didn't get the tickets, which would have been the bigger disappointment.

Happy hunting!!
Rusty
Old 21 Mar 2003, 16:23 (Ref:543309)   #11
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just got some from airtrack £540 per car (up to 5 people) for a vip campsite and ferry crossing.(01895 810810)The campsite is near Houx.
Old 22 Mar 2003, 00:58 (Ref:543710)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i had that two years ago and it's a good package. Of course I like the one I have now better, as it only cost me 100 GBP!
Old 22 Mar 2003, 07:43 (Ref:543888)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
i had that two years ago and it's a good package. Of course I like the one I have now better, as it only cost me 100 GBP!
Liz, we all would like to become a VIP one day : just tell us how !

BTW, did you get your Spyker jacket ?
Old 22 Mar 2003, 12:55 (Ref:544139)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not yet. WAAAAAAH! *tosses toys out of pram.* I am going to turn up at Pre-Q and be UNFASHIONABLE!

As for becoming a VIP, I am told it's not who you know, it's who knows you!
Old 22 Mar 2003, 17:15 (Ref:544255)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Not yet. WAAAAAAH! *tosses toys out of pram.* I am going to turn up at Pre-Q and be UNFASHIONABLE!
I fancy a Bentley winter jacket... I won't be fashionable myself...

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
As for becoming a VIP, I am told it's not who you know, it's who knows you!
Ayse, Stoffer Green and FG1 know me ! But I'm afraid that's all for the sportscar people
Old 23 Mar 2003, 00:48 (Ref:544662)   #16
Liz
Veteran

Lots of people know me. My problem is I can't remember who any of them are!

The Bentley jackets are tres chic ... nice as the Jaguar gear, really, and a very nice colour.
Old 23 Mar 2003, 11:21 (Ref:545182)   #17
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i wanted one of the audi black baseball caps, with the four rings.

ayse beat me to the last one.

Old 23 Mar 2003, 14:25 (Ref:545307)   #18
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by kdr

to put it in the fireplace ?
Old 23 Mar 2003, 14:27 (Ref:545309)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Lots of people know me. My problem is I can't remember who any of them are!
Don't worry, you don't know me and I don't know you as well ! But I hope it won't go on !

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
The Bentley jackets are tres chic
I usualy wear a Barbour jacket, but too narrow at the shoulders (not that I have wide ones ! A friend gave it to me, and it's definitely hard to wear with something under)... If it's possible, I'll by my Bentley jacket this year...

Last edited by Fab; 23 Mar 2003 at 14:28.
Old 23 Mar 2003, 16:11 (Ref:545380)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr

Sorry about that - we needed a new cat litter tray but the shops were sold out - next best thing.......
Old 1 Apr 2003, 06:40 (Ref:554551)   #21
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I may have one spare camping tickets for Maison Blanche. I wont know for sure for a couple of weeks, but if you dont find anything let me know at the end of the month
Just to confirm I definately do not now have any spare tickets.

If you havent sorted it yet then Club Arnage will be your best bet.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 22:45 (Ref:555365)   #22
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
they said exactly the same thing last year, but unfortunately were unable to obtain these fields, due to security problems (ACO) or financial (unoficial- the guy seemed to want too much money for it)

Anyone got any updated news on whether the ACO have actually obtained the use of these additional fields for this year?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Old 8 Apr 2003, 11:21 (Ref:562653)   #23
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean Crockett
Anyone got any updated news on whether the ACO have actually obtained the use of these additional fields for this year?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

GOOD NEWS !!!

ACO finally managed to buy these fields !
I received today confirmation from them saying "We have just acquired a new field near Beauséjour" . That means everyone in the ( top of the ) waiting list(s) will obtain a camping pass
OK, Beauséjour is not the closest area from grandstands (see the map its on the left, but its a camping !!

Last edited by bernard b; 8 Apr 2003 at 11:24.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 19:42 (Ref:563119)   #24
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful day

Who cares if it's not the most wonderful location; I just don't care as now I don't have to rough it in the car or in the open!!!!!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 06:25 (Ref:563549)   #25
Mal
Veteran

England
London
It may be a long way from the stands, but its close to the viewing area at the start of the Porsche curves which is a great place at night. If you've got an air rifle though take it and shoot out the massive floodlight as this spot would be fantastic without that.