Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Apr 2003, 07:17 (Ref:563591)   #26
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand that only those at the top of the list will get these spaces...

ACO won't be making many friends this year! Presumably the real issue iis that they flogged the permits to ticket companies.. apparently you needed to book in May 2002 to ensure permits direct from from ACO.. shocking.

If all else fails, we're parking elsewhere and then walking into the camp sites..

Not panicing yet!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 23:16 (Ref:564627)   #27
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't want to get caught like this again..........can we book for 2004 now?:confused:
Old 9 Apr 2003, 23:20 (Ref:564630)   #28
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Lots of people know me. My problem is I can't remember who any of them are!
Just like me then Liz, now let me see, you're the short one with the fair hair

I still have 2 guest tickets for poste 61 camp site, at 2nd chicane, share costs of ferry & fuel, portsmouth Tuesday night boat, returning Sunday night.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 10 Apr 2003 at 07:27.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 23:21 (Ref:564633)   #29
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my 18 years of attending, I've never had a problem buying camping tickets over the counter. For the last 8 or so years, I've camped in Parking Blue. Hundreds of people do it, and you get the same facilities as Camping Blue, for half the price.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 07:06 (Ref:564791)   #30
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spotted the parking in Bleu trick last year, that's on our list of options.. seems to be very little in the way of enforcement!

Can't buy for next year until after pre-qualifying in May..
Old 10 Apr 2003, 07:29 (Ref:564807)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are also plenty of people who camp in the Rouge parking as well, despite it being strictly prohibited. Years ago we used to park our cars where directed, but as soon as the car park stewards were otherwise engaged, we would drive to the bottom of the field and pitch tent. They would sometimes gives us nasty looks but we were never made to move.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 11:27 (Ref:564939)   #32
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
There are also plenty of people who camp in the Rouge parking as well, despite it being strictly prohibited. Years ago we used to park our cars where directed, but as soon as the car park stewards were otherwise engaged, we would drive to the bottom of the field and pitch tent. They would sometimes gives us nasty looks but we were never made to move.
that's exactly what we did last year, as we were unable to obtain a campsite ticket
the stewards were very weel with us because we were there on wednesday and I went to see them ( ) to explain my problem, and they said "OK, you can stay here with your (little) tent, that's a good thing you came to tell us". And on saturday, when too many people did the same thing, they allowed it but people had to pay a supplement. And by chance, they never asked us ...
Old 10 Apr 2003, 11:43 (Ref:564951)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, but Bernard, you are French........

Last edited by Aysedasi; 10 Apr 2003 at 11:43.
Old 11 Apr 2003, 14:51 (Ref:566379)   #34
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Bas has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
After reading you guys here I was fearing that me ordering tickets with ACO wouldn't do a whole lotta good.

However to my surprise I just received confirmation for Tribune T04 and Camping (near Beausejour) tickets, even though I requested them in january only.

Does anybody know whether confirmed tickets will actually reach their rightfull owners in time??
Old 12 Apr 2003, 09:10 (Ref:567065)   #35
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Ah, but Bernard, you are French........

yes, but I think they also really liked the 'Cognac-tonic'
Old 16 Apr 2003, 05:33 (Ref:570763)   #36
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bas
Does anybody know whether confirmed tickets will actually reach their rightfull owners in time??
Except Liz, who has repetitive problems with her press pass , ACO sends usualy the tickets in time, but very very late if I can remember
Old 16 Apr 2003, 05:34 (Ref:570764)   #37
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
yes, but I think they also really liked the 'Cognac-tonic'
Bernard ! Don't you like Vichy-Fraise ?
Old 16 Apr 2003, 07:04 (Ref:570804)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Except Liz, who has repetitive problems with her press pass , ACO sends usualy the tickets in time, but very very late if I can remember
Yes, the one year I did order grandstand tickets through the ACO, I recall they arrived about 3 days before I left for France. (After a number of worried phone calls and e-mails....... )
Old 16 Apr 2003, 09:32 (Ref:570886)   #39
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Safer : let the ticket at the ACO Welcome board, where you can get and have them when arriving at the track...