Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Mar 2003, 22:51 (Ref:549384)   #26
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it would take some sort of horrifying, traumatic even to cause a sportscar driver to avoid Le Mans. Mark Webber is one of the few i can think of as having a good reason to obstain (he is the one that had the worst of the mercedes flights of the week during the race in '99 right?)
Old 26 Mar 2003, 23:10 (Ref:549412)   #27
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I don't think Andy is struggling for offers!
Old 27 Mar 2003, 14:50 (Ref:550035)   #28
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
danhx - you are correct, he flew twice.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 27 Mar 2003, 16:25 (Ref:550121)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
I don't think Andy is struggling for offers!
Good. I just hope he finds a berth worthy of his talents.
Old 28 Mar 2003, 07:32 (Ref:550753)   #30
halfwitt
Rookie

halfwitt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by danhx
I think it would take some sort of horrifying, traumatic even to cause a sportscar driver to avoid Le Mans. Mark Webber is one of the few i can think of as having a good reason to obstain (he is the one that had the worst of the mercedes flights of the week during the race in '99 right?)
I thought it was Peter Dumbreck.........
Old 28 Mar 2003, 08:18 (Ref:550785)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I thought it was Webber 2 Dumbreck 1 - but Dumbreck's was the flight during the race.
Old 28 Mar 2003, 11:16 (Ref:550919)   #32
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yep...webber in qualifying and saturday morning warm up. dumbreck during race. i saw webber running towards the mercedes garage immediately after the dumbreck incident, with face like thunder.
Old 28 Mar 2003, 12:25 (Ref:550997)   #33
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
i saw webber running towards the mercedes garage immediately after the dumbreck incident, with face like thunder.

I saw him at noon in the paddock, and his face was so white it was really frightening
Old 28 Mar 2003, 15:00 (Ref:551149)   #34
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Pescarolo took off during a test in Les Hunaudières in 1967, had an enourmous wreck (burning car, long time lay in a bed at hospital), and he won four times... some come back, some don't... we're all human beeing, after all, to have fear is normal (I don't know if Jean-Pierre Beltoise is known by British public, but he hated Le Mans and didn't want to race it, despite the fact he was able to take a lot of risks in F1...).

Last edited by Fab; 28 Mar 2003 at 15:01.
Old 28 Mar 2003, 15:07 (Ref:551153)   #35
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bear in mind also that Michael Schumacher has cited Le Mans as being too dangerous (not that he'd come back anyway)
Old 28 Mar 2003, 15:08 (Ref:551156)   #36
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
yep...webber in qualifying and saturday morning warm up. dumbreck during race. i saw webber running towards the mercedes garage immediately after the dumbreck incident, with face like thunder.
I think Webber also had a big accident in the May test session in that car as well, although whether that accident was a flip-over or not is the point of some dispute; similar part of the circuit though.

The second Mercedes that actually took the start, was called in straight after the Dumbreck incident, the driver was understood to have said that he was going to come in anyway, whether called or not
Old 28 Mar 2003, 15:16 (Ref:551169)   #37
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Yannick Dalmas took off in Ã* Porsche in 1998, but I'm not sure of the track (in United States I think, but where ?)...
Old 28 Mar 2003, 15:24 (Ref:551181)   #38
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Yannick Dalmas took off in Ã* Porsche in 1998, but I'm not sure of the track (in United States I think, but where ?)...
It was also Dalmas driving when the Goh Audi apparently flipped at Le Mans last year, (although there was a lot of debate as to whether the car flipped or just briefly went off the ground at one side because of a tyre blowout.)
Old 28 Mar 2003, 15:52 (Ref:551215)   #39
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by gi_gav
It was also Dalmas driving when the Goh Audi apparently flipped at Le Mans last year, (although there was a lot of debate as to whether the car flipped or just briefly went off the ground at one side because of a tyre blowout.)
I even didn't noticed that the car flipped ! I remember they had a wreck during qualifications, but couldn't remember why...
Old 28 Mar 2003, 16:47 (Ref:551273)   #40
danhx
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Yes, I thought it was Webber 2 Dumbreck 1 - but Dumbreck's was the flight during the race.
Ah, i thought it was Webber who flew during the race...Okay so there's two guys who have a good reason to fear La Sarthe. But seeing as how one has joined the circus (a.k.a. F1) and the other DTM i don't think they'll be back for a while. And probably never in a GTP!!
Old 28 Mar 2003, 16:52 (Ref:551279)   #41
danhx
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Road Atlanta. I know a guy who was standing right there when it happened. He said it was most impressive. They've since "shaved" that hump that was on that straight to prevent that happening, but it didn't work...Who was it that flew in the BMW in '00? Was it Lehto? I know a guy who saw that one too. Perhaps my friends should stay away from races!
Old 28 Mar 2003, 16:59 (Ref:551288)   #42
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally posted by danhx
Who was it that flew in the BMW in '00?
I think it was Bill Auberlen.

Quote:
Perhaps my friends should stay away from races!
Or perhaps you should join them with a camera!!
Old 28 Mar 2003, 17:36 (Ref:551332)   #43
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Yannick's 'moment' in the Goh Audi was caused by a wing failure - the car didn't flip but lifted off briefly laterally (ie the right hand side got high rather than the front)
Old 28 Mar 2003, 19:13 (Ref:551413)   #44
danhx
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by gi_gav
Or perhaps you should join them with a camera!!
Or give them a camera...Wouldn't want to be there if one of the cars landed outside the track.