Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 May 2003, 21:43 (Ref:596362)   #26
pitviper
Racer

pitviper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree sean, i believe that they would rather set their sights on the true cream of the crop so to speak. and as far as diverting money goes, i would have to believe that you could take the Jaguar F1 budget and turn it into very competetive programmes for BOTH aston martin and jaguar. as far as "interbrand battles" who cares who's winning to ford as long as it's 1-2 for AM and Jag. they reap the benifits either way.

pit
Old 11 May 2003, 23:09 (Ref:596436)   #27
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
exactly, p-v. I look at it this way...

GT/GTS- AM Vanquish GTS V12

N-GT/GT- Jaguar XKR-GT SC-V8

Split development funds accordingly...problem solved.
Old 12 May 2003, 00:07 (Ref:596473)   #28
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Personally, I'd rather see Ford devote the resources to one team and have a Jaguar or an Aston Martin prototype. Jaguar, historically, makes more sense, I suppose, but AM have competed successfully in sportscars too (and did field a Formula 1 team once, whereas Jag, until 2000, never did).
Old 12 May 2003, 05:03 (Ref:596584)   #29
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Umm... this info about Aston Martin returning to Le Mans was supposedly on DSC, but I didn't see it there. I did a search "aston martin le mans 2004" and it lead me right back here. Can someone link me to something here? Two pages is alot of talk for something with so little gatherable info.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 12 May 2003, 05:04 (Ref:596586)   #30
pitviper
Racer

pitviper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thing is, with the GTS (and GT for that matter) route, i believe you get the best of both worlds. you get immediate brand recognition than with the all too oft "that's an Audi?!" that i hear so much of from newer or "would-be" fans. i think that having both marquees in at the same time would also benifit the sport as a whole as well. you have twice the potential following that could now be becoming associated with the series.

pit