Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Sep 2003, 11:34 (Ref:721683)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Huge works planned for 2007 at LM ! Stop the press !

On Le Mans Racing today :
- 9 new pits instead of the 4 provisionnal ones
- press and lounges above, but no grandstands : VIP facilities instead
- new Welcome Center on three levels
- Restaurant in this Welcome, with a 180° windows (!!!), next to the track (!!!)
- plus grandstands/facilities VIP on the top (!!!)
- enlargement of the Paddock at 55 places
- Village pushed by the new Paddock, closer from the Dunlop passerelle
- Village : no more concrete houses : provisionnal barnums (tents) instead
- MODIFICATION OF THE TERTRE ROUGE CURVE (!!!), to let place to a wider gravel trap (starting after 2004' race)
- pedestrian tunnel to cross the track and give an access to the Village
- NEW TESTS TRACKS (!!!)
- Maison Blanche grandstands refurbished
- Laigné road moved (what !!!???) nearby the airplane runway
- a real way for cars and pedestrians INSIDE the track (what ???!!!)

More to come...

Read all about it !!!
Old 17 Sep 2003, 11:41 (Ref:721692)   #2
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow... We await with baited breath ...
Old 17 Sep 2003, 12:21 (Ref:721746)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's an awful lot in there Fab, I'm as out of breath as you obviously are....

One thing which I did notice though

Quote:
-a real way for cars and pedestrians INSIDE the track
The last thing we need is more cars inside the track. Those that drive around, particularly in the Village and behind the grandstands, are a blooming nuisance already!
Old 17 Sep 2003, 12:25 (Ref:721753)   #4
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I agree, but the plus side could be more and better viewing to different parts of the circuit. Would inside the circuit at the Mulsanne or Indianopolis just be very wishful thinking?
Old 17 Sep 2003, 12:28 (Ref:721759)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes.
Old 17 Sep 2003, 12:30 (Ref:721763)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Re: Huge works planned for 2007 at LM ! Stop the press !

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
- new Welcome Center on three levels
- Restaurant in this Welcome, with a 180° windows (!!!), next to the track (!!!)

And what are the chances of ordinary punters (or even ACO members) getting a look in here? (Without having to re-mortgage their tents to buy a ticket?)
Old 17 Sep 2003, 12:34 (Ref:721770)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

A lot of information.
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
On Le Mans Racing today :
- 9 new pits instead of the 4 provisionnal ones
- enlargement of the Paddock at 55 places
Excellent, more cars in the race!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
- MODIFICATION OF THE TERTRE ROUGE CURVE (!!!), to let place to a wider gravel trap (starting after 2004' race)
I'm scared.

Although the idea of a tunnel there is a good idea.
Old 17 Sep 2003, 12:37 (Ref:721775)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Frankly, I'm just getting fed up with circuit changes. If its for safety and the gravel trap at TR does really need to be enlarged, I guess we have to accept that, but will it stop there?

Where are they going to put these "test tracks"?
Old 17 Sep 2003, 12:42 (Ref:721780)   #9
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
It is good to see the ACO doing some more development work at the circuit. Even through the rose-tinted glasses that most of us have about Le Mans, it really is a bit shabby away from the ACO stand and pits complex. Part of the charm I know, but this year it did seem as if the Village wasn't as good as previous years and there were certainly fewer stalls underneath the grandstands.

I think the fall in numbers attending F1 has probably been a bit of a wake up call across motorsport. I know there are particular issues with F1 (yawn) but you have to keep actively attracting people to (and back to) events or numbers will drop. More investment in the circuit should hopefully be good news, as long as it doesn't detract from the spectator's experience or lead to a price hike.
Old 17 Sep 2003, 12:55 (Ref:721796)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While they are at it, how about a multiplex.
Old 17 Sep 2003, 13:32 (Ref:721845)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Here is more to come, with some precisions :
- FOUR pedestrian tunnels : Dunlop, Technoparc south, Garage vert/La Chapelle, Antares ; they want to SPLIT pedestrian's trafic from car's trafic
- the whole Laigné road will be pushed nearer the airport, to give place to the inner public areas, and allow more pedestrian trafic, in more comfort...
- LOOS !!! They want to give more comfort in that too
- 55 cars confirm
- planning : 2004/2005 : Tertre Rouge (important modification of the track here to give place to the gravel trap : take pics, mates, it's gonna change after 2004' race !), pedestrian tunnels, Ford curve grandstands, Village, anb facilitiers for VIP (Ayse, forget the Welcome area, or start to save !) ; 2006/2007 : new Welcome center, nine new pits (back to the great grid !!! Yahaha !)
- cost : 15 M €

They want to :
- save the historical track
- set off the place to have the best...
Old 17 Sep 2003, 13:33 (Ref:721847)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Where are they going to put these "test tracks"?
Inside the actual track area, between the Bugatti and the Karting area, to have a greater permanent track for other races (longer than the sole Bugatti track)...
Old 17 Sep 2003, 13:35 (Ref:721850)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Re: Re: Huge works planned for 2007 at LM ! Stop the press !

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
And what are the chances of ordinary punters (or even ACO members) getting a look in here? (Without having to re-mortgage their tents to buy a ticket?)
You'll have to re-mortgage your HOUSE to have a meal here... I sold my oldest daughter yesterday to start a special financial plan...
Old 17 Sep 2003, 15:17 (Ref:721955)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
These changes in many ways parallel various changes that the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has made over the years....and many of the purists (myself included) cringed at the thoughts of those changes....

But once they occurred, and we say WHY they made those changes and saw them in reality in relation to the events, we understood and accepted them...the changes made at IMS were DEFINITELY for the better...for the teams, for the races, for the venue, and for the fans.

I hope that we will be able to say the same when these changes to Le Mans come about....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 17 Sep 2003, 15:48 (Ref:721989)   #15
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lets hope so. looking at the various race calenders and circuits it struck me...le mans is the greatest race track on the planet. imho of course!
Old 17 Sep 2003, 15:49 (Ref:721993)   #16
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fab, aside from the TR changes, are there timelines for the other bits or are they all just "by 2007?" Specifically, when will they have room for 55?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 17 Sep 2003, 15:54 (Ref:721996)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Fab, aside from the TR changes, are there timelines for the other bits or are they all just "by 2007?" Specifically, when will they have room for 55?
They say "55 cars (or more precisely 9 extra pits) for 2007"...
Old 17 Sep 2003, 16:47 (Ref:722067)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
55 that is what is was when I first went
Old 17 Sep 2003, 17:24 (Ref:722100)   #19
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
55 that is what is was when I first went
the year or the amount of cars taking part?
Old 17 Sep 2003, 18:05 (Ref:722142)   #20
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All sounds very interesting - just one part I want to pick up the changes at Terte Rouge, can we conclude from this that the Mulsanne Stright is safe.

I can not wait to see 55 cars in 2007.
Old 17 Sep 2003, 18:13 (Ref:722154)   #21
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt

I hope that we will be able to say the same when these changes to Le Mans come about....
Olivier N'Guyen (one of the local organization directors) says "this will respond to what the public is waiting for".

To me, i hope the new Tertre Rouge turn will not push the spectators too far like at Indianapolis curves.

Last edited by PascaLM; 17 Sep 2003 at 18:18.
Old 17 Sep 2003, 18:36 (Ref:722184)   #22
kdr
Veteran

i would guess they'll make the turn onto the mulsanne a little earlier and enlarge the gravel trap on the outside of the corner.
Old 17 Sep 2003, 19:26 (Ref:722241)   #23
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As it's said, i'm afraid they will have to move the turn because of the gravel trap which will be larger between the turn and the Route Nationale 138 going downto the city.

Last edited by PascaLM; 17 Sep 2003 at 19:27.
Old 17 Sep 2003, 19:31 (Ref:722249)   #24
C_g
Racer

C_g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

I have no problems with modifying the curve, as they did this back when they put the roundabout there. But they better not knock down any of those poplar trees on driver's left at the exit of the turn.
Old 17 Sep 2003, 19:35 (Ref:722255)   #25
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
I do hope they will not such a crime !

There are houses just behind them...