Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 15 Apr 2004, 00:10 (Ref:939947)   #1
c-mack
Rookie

c-mack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
highways

hi, i heard that there is a highway, or freeway in the united states where there is no speed limit, if anyone could tell me what state this is in, and maybe a little information on this that would be great thank you.
Old 15 Apr 2004, 21:04 (Ref:940889)   #2
imull
Veteran

imull has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think montana has no speed limit
Old 16 Apr 2004, 02:07 (Ref:941076)   #3
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montana definately does have speed limits. A few years back it didn't have posted limits.But if the cops spotted a car going fast and it happened to an older car , or quite loaded down,they would pull you over and give you a ticket.
Old 14 May 2004, 03:10 (Ref:970473)   #4
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
73_Gstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, Montana was it. The limit was "reasonable and prudent" or something like that.

The rumor I heard as to why it was changed was that too many Europeans were coming over and racing across the great nothingness that is Montana.

Why couldn't I70 in Kansas be like this. Its not like there are any bends in the road for about 300 miles.
Old 17 May 2004, 14:36 (Ref:973390)   #5
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 73_Gstock
Yep, Montana was it. The limit was "reasonable and prudent" or something like that.

The rumor I heard as to why it was changed was that too many Europeans were coming over and racing across the great nothingness that is Montana.
I read an article which said the 'reasonable and prudent' law was repealed as the Police and Drivers had differing views on what sort of speeds were 'reasonable'
Old 17 May 2004, 20:39 (Ref:973772)   #6
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone from Delaware? I always remember a big-name Ferrari collector moving his entire stable to Delaware because of lenient traffic laws. Does anyone know details?
Old 18 May 2004, 08:09 (Ref:974090)   #7
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't Delaware a bit small to go driving around? It is probably due to their better tax laws, the adverts in Exchange and Mart offering off-the-shelf American Limited Companies all seem to be based in Delaware.
Old 18 May 2004, 11:41 (Ref:974244)   #8
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was in Delaware last summer. Went for quite a drive round the state - only took a day!

Don't remember the speed limits being much different to anywhere else, but I don't remember seeing any patrol cars either!

Tax laws are decent - no added tax to retail items means nice low prices .
Old 25 May 2004, 07:57 (Ref:982252)   #9
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alternatively, in Australia's Nortehrn Territory the open road speed limit is whatever is safe in the prevailaing conditions. The roads are long, straight and well made with light traffic.
Old 25 May 2004, 09:28 (Ref:982338)   #10
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes but unfortunatly David it is full of Australian drivers
Old 25 May 2004, 09:43 (Ref:982355)   #11
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Scary thought eh? I believe Aussies are among the worst drivers in the civilised world. It all comes down to training, or the lack therof....
Old 25 May 2004, 17:05 (Ref:982762)   #12
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
speed limits here bug me. traffic tends to flow at about the same rate regardless of the speed limit. on I-81 by my house, there are portions that are 55, portions of 65, and a small area of 70 but no matter where you are, the traffic flows at about 75 mph. Traffic flows at a speed people are comfortble with, The speed differential is more dangerous than high speed any day