Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Jan 2006, 10:19 (Ref:1495361)   #1
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Little Racing 2006

Has there been any announcement on what Paul Little Racing is doing in 2006 - any of the Porsches in the shop, Lambo maybe a Viper ?

Dont leave us Tratty !!
Old 5 Jan 2006, 10:24 (Ref:1495369)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The L2 franchise licence slot has been absorbed by TEGA

PLR has their transporter for sale in AA... and their last remaining AU Supercar...

There has been no noise around a Porsche for a while.. indeed there are movements in Carrera Cup, but none that mention Mr Tratt....

Presumably PLR is now winding down... now that the main company is funding the motorsport instead of the proceeds of dividends....

Mr Tratt does need something to give him miles however... the rust from sitting on the sidelines for a year can be dangerous!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Jan 2006, 10:28 (Ref:1495372)   #3
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought that Paul Little was going to be with HSVDT this year. Last thing I heard about Mr Tratt was he was going in one of the HSVDT cars for Bathurst and Sandown
Old 5 Jan 2006, 11:41 (Ref:1495431)   #4
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does PLR still own the Perkins built VZ from last year or has this been sold, or has it been scrapped after the Phillip Island accident?
Old 5 Jan 2006, 22:07 (Ref:1495865)   #5
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
Harves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tratt at HSVDT
Old 5 Jan 2006, 22:49 (Ref:1495890)   #6
countryone
Rookie

countryone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You beat me to it Harves! that is the funniest thing i have heard ever (i am currently drying my seat after pi--ing myself)
Old 6 Jan 2006, 02:27 (Ref:1495949)   #7
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Rick Kelly could be a good choice for GRM, whilst the Toll supported driver could be parcelled along Sato-style, eh? HSVDT should be there to provide some entertainment!
Old 6 Jan 2006, 02:34 (Ref:1495951)   #8
cmifsud
Racer

Australia
Australia
cmifsud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anthony, PLR never owned the Perkins built car. I believe it is going to be raced in the Fujitsu series next year by either Perkins or Price.
Old 6 Jan 2006, 06:36 (Ref:1495994)   #9
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
melinda price ???
Old 6 Jan 2006, 07:03 (Ref:1496004)   #10
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Seton Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shane Price, who I think is a relation to Drew Price, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 6 Jan 2006, 08:24 (Ref:1496027)   #11
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harves
Tratt at HSVDT
Well Harvey, it has been confirmed by Tratt himself.
Old 6 Jan 2006, 13:15 (Ref:1496174)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harves
Tratt at HSVDT
I just hope Mr Tratt gets some miles before Sandown... he might be surprised just how much rust creeps into the driving

I know we have taken the piddle out of Mr Tratt for seemingly forever... but to read the Toll Racing race reports are always interesting, and totally consistent in their description... the driver chases the car all weekend because it is not tweaked to suit his driving style.... until the last race of the day.. when he is at the back.

Is Mr Tratt a first rater? Maybe not, but he isnt as big a wood duck as some of the guys who pull on race suits and endurance drivers come Sandown/Bathurst time...

The rust bit is still scary though.........
Old 6 Jan 2006, 13:30 (Ref:1496186)   #13
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I just hope Mr Tratt gets some miles before Sandown... he might be surprised just how much rust creeps into the driving

I know we have taken the piddle out of Mr Tratt for seemingly forever... but to read the Toll Racing race reports are always interesting, and totally consistent in their description... the driver chases the car all weekend because it is not tweaked to suit his driving style.... until the last race of the day.. when he is at the back.

Is Mr Tratt a first rater? Maybe not, but he isnt as big a wood duck as some of the guys who pull on race suits and endurance drivers come Sandown/Bathurst time...

GTR,

Agree that while he isn't going to set the world on fire, Tratt would probably be a safe set of hands for the 2nd car. Can't recall him fencing too many cars.

But you are right about the rust factor, just look at what 12 months out of the saddle did for former Level 1 stearers Larkham, Longhurst, Mezera & Perkins.
Old 6 Jan 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1496212)   #14
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Gtr, as a man I have a great deal of respect for from the paddock told me before christmas "Tratty isn' that bad."
Old 6 Jan 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1496460)   #15
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE=anthony81901]GTR,

Agree that while he isn't going to set the world on fire, Tratt would probably be a safe set of hands for the 2nd car. Can't recall him fencing too many cars.

QUOTE]

i assume you mean, apart from the last round at PI
Old 6 Jan 2006, 22:33 (Ref:1496488)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by [peckstar
i assume you mean, apart from the last round at PI
I am not so sure that was all Mr Tratt's fault... yes he got the car onto the dirt, and thought he could catch it... but the driver suggested that the car felt bad thru there on the preceding laps, so perhaps a setup issue didnt help that situation.
Old 6 Jan 2006, 22:57 (Ref:1496500)   #17
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I am not so sure that was all Mr Tratt's fault... yes he got the car onto the dirt, and thought he could catch it... but the driver suggested that the car felt bad thru there on the preceding laps, so perhaps a setup issue didnt help that situation.
Perhaps he ran out of ability.
Old 6 Jan 2006, 23:39 (Ref:1496533)   #18
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmifsud
Anthony, PLR never owned the Perkins built car. I believe it is going to be raced in the Fujitsu series next year by either Perkins or Price.
Is the part of this quote re: Perkins indicating a Perkins may be driving it?
Old 7 Jan 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1496996)   #19
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
You guy's, I have a question, who sets the car up? Don't say the engineer because he relys on the drivers information. Granted he hasn't fenced that many but sure has tested heaps of sand traps. Jokes aside he probably would go ok with someone else setting up the car, if he runs in say CC all year.
Old 7 Jan 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1497005)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The driver sets the car up... usually... in some teams, the engineer interprets the driver's thoughts/feelings and combined with the data, the engineer suggests and implements changes to the chassis setup

If you read the stuff Mr Tratt's business has been putting out to his sponosrs and suppliers.. the changes they were making to the #75 car were fairly basic... to suggest that the car "feels soft" and the answer is to stiffen both ends...

... now is that making the spring rates go up the same amount in ft/lbs at each end, or go thru the physics of how a car works on a race track, how weight transfer works... how putting different pressures on different parts of the car by "jacking it up" with ride height, or spring strength, or indeed some damper settings.... is the black art that sees the top engineering guys paid a zillion dollars a season for....

You get the impression that the "Garage2" inhabitants were not doing a lot more than sponging off the settings of Mr Richards...
Old 7 Jan 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1497007)   #21
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anthony has driven Porsche's before and did well. When you look at the times he has done in V8 Supercars he hasn't been that far off the pace, considering how much in distance that say a second is in lap times.
Old 7 Jan 2006, 23:56 (Ref:1497048)   #22
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
Yes pete but the good drivers do it on the first and last lap not pulling a good single lap out of you know where once a meeting. If he was a truly good driver we wouldn't be having this discussion, fact is he isn't, he makes up the field which is ok and for him to run that outfit for so long without a single result makes him a freaken champion in my book or a guy with some interesting photos.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1497059)   #23
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Indeed, the only time Mr Tratt has put a touring car, as opposed to a V8Supercar into the top 10 in a race was at the 1993 Sandown 500, co-driving with Mr Janson, finishing fourth outright. Since then, it's been lean pickings for Mr Tratt at the touring car level.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 00:36 (Ref:1497064)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is a Lambo a Touring car? Winning the Sandown 500 after fencing the car in practice was a pretty good effort
Old 8 Jan 2006, 00:38 (Ref:1497066)   #25
Seton Fanatic
Racer

I would think that the Lambo was more a GT car than a touring car. Still, Paul Stokell's skills would have helped the cause, for if I remember rightly, Tratt was off the pace by a fair bit in that race.

OT, I think that was also the last race John Smith, of openwheeler and Toyota Corolla fame ran in his career.