Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 28 May 2023, 21:28 (Ref:4158627)   #526
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I don't really buy any conspiracies but the red flags late in the race made for a complete shat product for what was up to that point, an enjoyable event.
It definitely ruined what was running well and shows a clear minimum speed or better control needed on restart. Better movement and the field moving would have likely cut at least one of the reds out. Looked like the last one was the field not all going and some hesitation, without that a different feel to the end.

Couldn't care who won, although any time Cindric wins I feel a bit sick. Something about his radio delivery and interviews of "of course we're smarter we're Penske" but better than son was in Busch cars and crying so maybe some of that carried over.

Gotta wonder if the rules will work so Josef can get the I think 450k for repeat now, think it's around 20-25k added each year from Borg Warner for a repeat
Old 28 May 2023, 21:30 (Ref:4158628)   #527
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And iirc, PatO kinda blamed Marcus for pushing him into the grass. Sorry, mate. You were the aggressor and like you say, glad he didn't take Marcus out with him, even tho he said he'd do it the next time.
Yeah, that trackside interview is always a bit more angry but the team needs to point out, nah that's an optimistic move there, he gets to run that low line and you have to react

And agreed joeb, think he doesn't wreck we don't have another red and same 3 guys fighting for it at the end with him added in
Old 28 May 2023, 21:34 (Ref:4158631)   #528
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And iirc, PatO kinda blamed Marcus for pushing him into the grass. Sorry, mate. You were the aggressor and like you say, glad he didn't take Marcus out with him, even tho he said he'd do it the next time.

Well Pato tends to get the red mist a bit too often.

I think what I found confusing about the end of the race, is that iirc, there were three laps left when the yellow came out and then it two laps but only one lap of actual racing.
Old 28 May 2023, 21:40 (Ref:4158632)   #529
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I think what I found confusing about the end of the race, is that iirc, there were three laps left when the yellow came out and then it two laps but only one lap of actual racing.
Three laps left, one used up to complete that lap and stop in the pits, then one to get going again, and one to race.

I don't quite know what to make of the reds and the restarts etc, but something that annoyed me a lot is the red thrown at 14 laps remaining, then so many laps behind the pace car that there were only 8 laps left when the racing actually restarted (though, granted one of those was due to the initial restart being called off for being too slow). Losing 6 of 14 laps just chugging around behind the pace car is a joke.
Old 28 May 2023, 21:43 (Ref:4158633)   #530
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Three laps left, one used up to complete that lap and stop in the pits, then one to get going again, and one to race.

I thought it was three laps left after they had gone into the pits, one to get going again and then two to race.
Old 28 May 2023, 21:47 (Ref:4158635)   #531
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I thought it was three laps left after they had gone into the pits, one to get going again and then two to race.
I wish, but it ticked down from 3 to 2 just as they came to a stopin the pits.
2 laps of racing would've been great, as would have brought Ferrucci and Rossi into it.
Old 28 May 2023, 21:55 (Ref:4158637)   #532
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
I wish, but it ticked down from 3 to 2 just as they came to a stopin the pits.
2 laps of racing would've been great, as would have brought Ferrucci and Rossi into it.

That's what I thought was going to happen, 2 laps of racing as did Davey Hamilton on IndyCar Radio. That would have been great.
Old 28 May 2023, 22:04 (Ref:4158638)   #533
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see someone was hit by debris in that accident, but they were seen and released from the inflexible car center.

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/statu...yWILSZ0DMY7C-g
Old 28 May 2023, 22:05 (Ref:4158639)   #534
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kinda disappointed with Sato today if im honest. He looked like his car was just as good as Dixons, Palous and Ericssons all throughout practice in race trim but today he was kinda anonymous despite finishing 7th.
Old 28 May 2023, 22:34 (Ref:4158642)   #535
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Kinda disappointed with Sato today if im honest. He looked like his car was just as good as Dixons, Palous and Ericssons all throughout practice in race trim but today he was kinda anonymous despite finishing 7th.
Yes, he didn’t really feature at all. I was surprised too. Shame.
Old 28 May 2023, 22:43 (Ref:4158643)   #536
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I had almost forgotten he was running

Wishing the end wasn't as crazy. Would have enjoyed something for TK but I'm guessing he would be one of the first to congratulate Josef and want it to be all about Josef's win instead of his retirement. And the baseball guy in me just pictured TK driving away in his McLaren car with a rocking chair strapped to it
Old 29 May 2023, 00:32 (Ref:4158651)   #537
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I see someone was hit by debris in that accident, but they were seen and released from the inflexible car center.

Just unbelievably lucky, that. It could've been so bad but it wasn't
Old 29 May 2023, 00:41 (Ref:4158654)   #538
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Inflexible car center should read infield care center! At least I got center correct for a US track!
Old 29 May 2023, 02:08 (Ref:4158663)   #539
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Inflexible car center should read infield care center! At least I got center correct for a US track!
I wasn't gonna call you out on it. Inflexible Car Center sounds like my mechanic.
Old 29 May 2023, 02:16 (Ref:4158664)   #540
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Important Chevy Cruze update.
https://twitter.com/andrewkossack/st...yWILSZ0DMY7C-g
Old 29 May 2023, 02:34 (Ref:4158665)   #541
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is but it's also being plagued with commercial breaks and another is about to happen. It's not usually this bad.

I was annoyed that the radio broadcast commercials seemed to be synced to coincide with the NBC commercials. Not 100% but much more than would seem to be random. If Indycar is cooperating with NBC on this it's the wrong strategy. Don't willfully keep those of us that are trying to follow the race in the dark.
Old 29 May 2023, 02:46 (Ref:4158666)   #542
mstets
Racer

Quote:
What can you say? It’s going to happen on the next one too. Yet what is the solution?
For me the solution is not to have had the first red flag. If the pace car can run around slow enough to allow another restart fine. If not finish under yellow. This is not NASCAR but it's approaching that level.
Old 29 May 2023, 03:14 (Ref:4158667)   #543
mstets
Racer

Quote:

Pato said that he was too nice. I wonder if his view will change after seeing the replay. I like Pato but it looked to me like he did himself in.
Old 29 May 2023, 03:16 (Ref:4158668)   #544
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
I was annoyed that the radio broadcast commercials seemed to be synced to coincide with the NBC commercials. Not 100% but much more than would seem to be random. If Indycar is cooperating with NBC on this it's the wrong strategy. Don't willfully keep those of us that are trying to follow the race in the dark.
As there were so many commercial breaks it would have been hard to avoid them
Actually statistically there might be a little truth in that.
Old 29 May 2023, 03:23 (Ref:4158670)   #545
mstets
Racer

Quote:
As there were so many commercial breaks it would have been hard to avoid them
Actually statistically there might be a little truth in that.
I was just trying to follow the race as best I could so didn't take any notes. I would guess that at least 70% of the time that I muted NBC to listen to Indycar radio, IC radio was also running a commercial.
Old 29 May 2023, 03:37 (Ref:4158673)   #546
mstets
Racer

Despite my comments on Indycar's decisions about red flags, Josef drove a great race and I'm happy to see him get an Indy 500 win.
Old 29 May 2023, 05:33 (Ref:4158679)   #547
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
A great race. A bit farcical at the end but no blame can be given to the drivers who stayed on the isalnd.

I'm no Zac Brown fan, but his team were unlucky. 20 laps to go and all four cars in play, with three of them in real positions to challenge for the win.

Even after seeing the video of the incident, Pato still says it was all Marcus - completely ignoring the fact that he stuck his nose in to a near suicidal position. Everyone has to love Pato but it's too often the same with him.

Then we have FRo who makes the same mistake he has made so many times before, you've got to wonder how come he just doesn't learn.
Old 29 May 2023, 05:33 (Ref:4158680)   #548
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

The international TV feed showed someone being treated in a golf cart, with interested onlookers being asked to move away.
Old 29 May 2023, 07:21 (Ref:4158696)   #549
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
Pato said that he was too nice. I wonder if his view will change after seeing the replay. I like Pato but it looked to me like he did himself in.
I jumped off the sofa howling in disbelief!!

He got the previous restart spot on but Ericsson and Josef were on him for this one and he got jumped. The panic set in and led to that lunge.

He could have dropped back in behind Marcus kept the tow through the Shute onto the front straight and done him cleanly into T1. The tow would likely have kept him in touch with the Shell car and he could have set about working Josef over for the next couple of laps.

Definitely blew it.

Felix really blew it too. Suspect he won't be retained next year after that. Rossi was the steady eddie in the team. In contention but never had the outright edge that Pato or Felix had. However he saved AMSP's face with that result.

Highlight for me: TK on the grass at 220! Lol!!
Old 29 May 2023, 13:32 (Ref:4158738)   #550
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Highlight for me: TK on the grass at 220! Lol!!
Track limits - should have got a penalty.