Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 24 May 2002, 18:03 (Ref:295229)   #1
pauldavid
Racer

pauldavid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bemsee Meetings

I know a lot of you will have attended a vast array of bike meetings but for anyone out there who has not yet watched one of there meetings (normally on the saturday before the M.R.O). I have been to nearly every type of meeting both two and four wheels and the Bemsee meeting has got to be the most entertaining and exciteing meetings. The racing is so close and because most of the riders are just like us struggling from day to day to make ends meet there seems to be a real friendly atmosphere. At the last meeting a double Header 11/12 may at Brands there was 23 yes 23 races on the saturday and 24 on the sunday, now i enjoy world and British superbikes but on the saturday and the Sunday at brands there were no crowds loads of hot racing and after speaking to one of the 600rookie racers dads (very nervous)The guy himself took the time to come out of the paddock and explain that this was only his third meeting and that he had never raced at brands. now as a spectator and keen amateur photographer i agreed to get a few snaps of him (if you race and have bit the dust at paddock i probably have a snap or two of it). anyway if you do nothing else this season go to Brands and watch the BEMSEE meeting the next one is on the G.P circuit"wicked".Good luck to all the riders long may you entertain. pauldavid
Old 24 May 2002, 20:08 (Ref:295313)   #2
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
I'll second that! I'm only sorry that, for geographical reasons, I can only marshal at a few Bemsee meetings this year. The quality of racing is superb.

In my opinion Bemsee (& MRO)is one of the most professional organisations in any form of motorsport, & one which really looks after its riders (& marshals).