Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 16 Dec 2002, 23:50 (Ref:451499)   #51
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Geddy Lee's "Take Off to the Great White North" is on my Bob & Doug MacKenzie album.

Some people on this thread appear to have been dipping into the egg nog a little early.

I've heard Jacques say a lot of things against oval racing. He has been saying them over the past five years. (At least). And I can't imagine anyone making either Montoya or Jacques read off a cue card. (If Jacques would do that, he'd be at McLaren). And if they thought they were talking to reporters so what they said would NOT be quoted, they would be idiots. And they aren't.

Considering that during the run-up to the Denver race, Tony George's minions salted the local newspapers with "CART is Dying" articles, I should say that counter-spin was the best defence.

And anyone who wants to talk about Republicans should be on the GT, not over here.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 00:28 (Ref:451526)   #52
norman-normal
Veteran

norman-normal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love CART, it is technically the most sophisticated racing america, and perhaps the world has ever had. The drivers are intelligent, friendly with one-another as well as the fans (F1 is a little $ dominated); so please forgive me I thought this forum for CART fans. Why would any one else be here?...sadist mabey? Hmmm.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 01:12 (Ref:451536)   #53
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyway, anyone whom wants to talk about Pooks ethics and persona can address the issue of race fixing in Indianpolis around May time. And the former 25/8 rule while we're at it.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 03:33 (Ref:451568)   #54
Brian W Keske
Racer

Brian W Keske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fstolfart I love CART, it is technically the most sophisticated racing america, and perhaps the world has ever had.
The most sophisticated ever?

Wow, that is a pretty big statement. The Group C cars were perhaps the most technically advaced cars ever produced, I would have to rank them up there with the most sophisticated racing machines personaly.

Even today, the USA holds the ALMS series, and the Audi's may be the best race machine ever produced...period. The cars are even more sophisticated than the curent CART cars.

But if your using sophisticated as in 'mature', and 'adult' you may have an arguement, but not as compared to F1, or most premier endurance sports car events, teams/drivers that make up the fields at such places like LeMans.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 03:38 (Ref:451571)   #55
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
When Fstolfart said "most sophisitcated", I kinda rolled my eyes. Had he said "most entertaining", or simply "best", I'd agree wholeheartedly.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:14 (Ref:451597)   #56
BobbyB
Racer

United States
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
BobbyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
message deleted

Last edited by BobbyB; 17 Dec 2002 at 06:18.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:51 (Ref:451622)   #57
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still mystified by POS music; whats that "Point of Sale". so a lot of you North Americans really get into using initials for everything ?
Old 17 Dec 2002, 07:00 (Ref:451629)   #58
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think that Jv & JPM (hell now I'm doing it) would bother with the CART company line anymore. Whats to be gained by them dissing the IrL. Nothing. So they were just telling it the way they felt.
Hell if the journo's who write the counter articles to it are so unhappy about Montoya and JPM's statements and claim its a CART propaganda set up why don't they go do the same thing.
Interview AL Unser jnr and get him to say Cart's for pussies and the IRL is where the real racings at.
except no ones going to listen to it.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 12:01 (Ref:451763)   #59
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
POS I believe is short for "Piece of " or possibly of "Schumacher".

Actually I believe when Li'l Al first joined up with the Invisibles (yeah I know), he did make an advert similar to that. "NASCAR without fenders" he said. NASCAR objected and it was cancelled.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 12:06 (Ref:451770)   #60
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz, good discussion while it lasted...enjoyed it...
Old 17 Dec 2002, 14:38 (Ref:451860)   #61
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snrub, I believe in lower taxes and less government regulation in the economy. You bring up energy policy for instance. The Republican party is for more oil drilling in Alaska, the Democratic party is not (for environmental reasons). I believe drilling for domestic oil decreases our dependence on foreign sources. Also the Republican party is known for spending more on the military (I agreee) and not conducting foreign policy as if it were missionary work. Those are some reasons since you asked.

Macdaddy Rush has not had the commercial success since their Moving Pictures tape in 1981 but they have put out some very good music since - in my opinion. Rush has something like 15 albums that have gone platinum, only Kiss and the Rolling Stones have more. It helps or cource when you have been making music for 30 years.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 17:00 (Ref:451919)   #62
Liz
Veteran

You're welcome IC.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 17:01 (Ref:451924)   #63
BobbyB
Racer

United States
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
BobbyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rush1
Snrub, I believe in lower taxes and less government regulation in the economy. You bring up energy policy for instance. The Republican party is for more oil drilling in Alaska, the Democratic party is not (for environmental reasons).
Rush, I think its time to step in and tell you that this forum is not the place for this kind of opinionating. Let's leave out the political activism and stick to open wheel racing, OK? Methinks we have a little too much offseason boredom here, and off-topic ramblings about politics and such are the result.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 17:10 (Ref:451929)   #64
gaines
Racer

gaines should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Rush1

Congratulations Rush1. You actually just made a post in the CART forum without bashing CART. You are maturing and I salute you.

Personally I don't come to racing forums to talk government politics since open wheel racing has enough of it's own politics to worry about and since us open wheel fans can't do anything but fight anyhow, why open up that can of worms?

Anyway, congrats on posting without flaming Pook. One of these days you might put the kind of intelligent thought behind your racing commentary as you do your political commentary and we won't sigh in dread when we see your name pop up. I don't care if you do hate Champ Cars or don't hate Champ Cars. Personally I could care less but wasting your own time trying to upset other people is pretty sad and that's pretty much all you do on our forum.

However, since it's the offseason and there isn't much to talk about anyway, and Tony George isn't doing anything to drive the masses insane, at least we have you to direct our creative bashing. Just be careful of letting us know too much about what you do like outside of racing(music, politics, etc.) You might find too much common ground and start finding us nasty champ car enthusiasts likeable. Heck, you might even become likeable to us. Next thing you know, you actually start watching the racing to see why we like it so much then you start to like it. Oh no, it's actually not all that bad. In fact Chris Pook's new aero package has brought passing back and you see the side of road racing you don't get on ovals, where the passing isn't just inside or outside in the left hand turn but where the pass takes place going into a chicane or 90 degree turn or the middle of a few S curves. Then one day you wake up and find yourself at Long Beach with a Molson in your hand, wearing a Paul Tracy "Real Indy 500 Winner" t-shirt waving a Bridgestone presents The Champ Car World Series powered by Ford flag and enjoying the event with the other 100,000 fans in attendance. Then here you'll be laughing it up with us about how great Champ cars are and that's when Rush2 will show up. Some person that has nothing better to do that try and tick you off and you'll have nothing to do but sit there and laugh at the irony of the situation.

Viva la Champ Cars, Mr. Rush1. Viva la Champ Cars.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 17:13 (Ref:451931)   #65
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed BobbyB. Music and politics belong in the Gravel Trap if anywhere at all. And now back to CART...
Old 17 Dec 2002, 17:51 (Ref:451952)   #66
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Man you guys are real sticklers! It's like this forum has tons of action!
Old 17 Dec 2002, 21:18 (Ref:452102)   #67
FastCar5
Rookie

Canada
Toronto, Canada
FastCar5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gaines..I am afraid what you have said is true! I have disagreed with just about everything Rush1 has said on this forum and now I find out we have the same Rush (the band) albums.....even after Moving Pictures.

...and im sorry to say I kinda like the look of that new Dallara...eeks!
Old 17 Dec 2002, 21:28 (Ref:452115)   #68
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geez Gains thanks for words of encouragement. I don't think this is a place to discuss politics as well but I was asked a question. I don't like CART but I have no problem with anyone on this forum or anywhere else who does.

Back to CART, anyone notice MPH slithering down to another all time low? Trading at $3.49 - just nineteen cents away.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 04:37 (Ref:452353)   #69
greg.n
Racer

greg.n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe you should buy some stock Rush1, it could be worth ten times as much in five years
Old 18 Dec 2002, 05:25 (Ref:452384)   #70
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or it could be worth less. What does Forsythe think about privatisation?
Old 18 Dec 2002, 09:20 (Ref:452485)   #71
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
If you don't like CART, why do you spend so much time here? I don't like basketball, hence I'm not involved in any basketball forums. I probably wouldn't be very welcome anyway, if I just kept telling the fans how much their favourite sport sucks.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 10:28 (Ref:452525)   #72
jcclausen
Rookie

jcclausen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I've always wanted to understand the logic of american repulican supporters
I believe it's something in the water. The water on the brain, that is.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 11:02 (Ref:452545)   #73
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
If you don't like CART, why do you spend so much time here?
Great question macdaddy, and one I'm sure a lot of us would like to see answered. Why DO you spend so much time here, rush1, when it is clear you have no good words to say, have admitted your hatred for our series and only visit to flamebait?

Fine, you wish to hate CART. I have no problems with that and good luck to you and your series. But we could do without your pettiness and child-like manner. If you haven't got something nice to say, don't say anything.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 11:49 (Ref:452574)   #74
Liz
Veteran

If you ignore him, he'll eventually go away.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 20:34 (Ref:452898)   #75
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why DO you spend so much time here, rush1

Just have to take a look at the IRL forum, get more action at a wake or the IRL Fontana race than you do over there. Champcars is where all the action is and what people want to talk about, IRL chat just goes around in circles , no one to talk to over there so they come over here.