Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 28 Jul 2005, 11:03 (Ref:1365433)   #1
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
!!!!free Race Director!!!!

Just thought people may like to know that on www.champcarworldseries.com
race director is on a FREE trial this weekend.
I haven't used it before, so am looking forward to this!!!
Race director lets you watch & listen to the race how you want, you can flick between:
*6 different cameras
* audio comentry
* all pit/car radio frequencies
* technical info on each car (current speed, gear, location on track, steering force, brake/throttle, push to pass remaining).

ALL FOR THE PRINCELY SUM OF £00.00
Old 28 Jul 2005, 11:12 (Ref:1365442)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here is a better Link
Old 28 Jul 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1365452)   #3
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
I was about to post a thread for this until my stupid crapy computer screwed up.

I have just registered. I can't get Race Director because I don't have a credit card so it will be great to finally be able to use it. The only bad thing is the time difference between the US and Australia is very big (12 hours). I will have to be up all night Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Old 28 Jul 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1365544)   #4
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All very worth it though Mabs.

I have just signed up aswell and have been going through the archives. great stuff.
Old 28 Jul 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1365775)   #5
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had race director last year when it was free but not this year for pay. When I went to sign up for this free trial it wouldn't let me as it says that my email address already exists in the system. I suppose I could set up a new hotmail or similar email address to take advantage of this offer but...

Just thought I'd post this so that if you are in a similar situation you could set up your alternative email account before you try to sign up.

Race director is pretty nice, especially when you open several windows at one and can see all six camera views at the same time. Anyone know if you can still do that this year?
Old 28 Jul 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1365788)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Ok Ive been using race Director for the past year or so and for all Aussie viewers I will give you the low down.

dont bother getting up at times for practice and first qualifying there is no video footage.

the first footage we get is for final qualifying and the commentary is non existant sometimes.

so guys dont bother getting up at god knows what hour to watch the first practice sessions.

final qualifying is when you need to be up and of course the race.

I have sunday night off and I plan to be drunk as a skunk by the time race time rolls around so its all good.

i havent watched a channel 10 coverage of champcars for almost 2 years now I view it all on race director and they even archive races so you can watch them at a leter date for your own viewing

just a word of warning , enjoy your free weekend of race director , if you have a decent connection you will love it
Old 28 Jul 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1366026)   #7
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Race director is very cool, especially for people who don't have access to whatever channel Champcar happens be on that weekend in your respective countries. I signed up for it again this year, but I don't ever use it. I dunno, its just too much stuff to watch when I can just watch it on TV. Plus the video feed is like 20 seconds delayed from whats on TV anyway(which is nice if an incident happens on TV, and you can switch really quick to an onboard to see it happen). If I didn't have the television coverage, I would definitely watch all the races on race director.
Old 28 Jul 2005, 21:00 (Ref:1366032)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I always watch the races on RD. It is cool, and another reason is I enjoy the U.S. feed, the commmentry line up is good.
Also you get the live running commentry, live timming, and of course 6 different on boards, the pit to driver radios and corner cameras.....
Old 28 Jul 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1366037)   #9
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
But race director has been playing up since Toronto now, freezing and having re buffer every 4 seconds, so I know find I just watch teh preview show, half hour before the race, then switch to watch on the tv if it plays up, then the next day watch it on again on RD.
Old 29 Jul 2005, 01:42 (Ref:1366246)   #10
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found that when I tried to watch a race and have more than 2 windows up, it`s too much info to enjoy. 3 max.
Find a favorite driver on-board, or a driver in P2, and the main broadcast. And watch the timings and the audios of only those, and enjoy.

It was exciting to watch AJ stalk PT in Milwaukee, and see the time intervals shrink between them.
Old 29 Jul 2005, 01:58 (Ref:1366248)   #11
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK so I'm the weird one. As I said I like all six windows up (on my laptop in front of the TV).
Old 29 Jul 2005, 02:59 (Ref:1366262)   #12
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatspot
I had race director last year when it was free but not this year for pay. When I went to sign up for this free trial it wouldn't let me as it says that my email address already exists in the system. I suppose I could set up a new hotmail or similar email address to take advantage of this offer but...

Just thought I'd post this so that if you are in a similar situation you could set up your alternative email account before you try to sign up.

Race director is pretty nice, especially when you open several windows at one and can see all six camera views at the same time. Anyone know if you can still do that this year?
When I went to sign up for this free trial it wouldn't let me either as it says that my email address already exists in the system. But I have never used Race Director before. But I have 2 email address's so I just used my other one.

Was it really free last year?
Old 29 Jul 2005, 03:07 (Ref:1366266)   #13
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjspierx
Race director is very cool, especially for people who don't have access to whatever channel Champcar happens be on that weekend in your respective countries. I signed up for it again this year, but I don't ever use it.
So why did you get it?
Old 29 Jul 2005, 03:34 (Ref:1366275)   #14
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RD was free in the beginning of 2004...up to June.
That`s marketing. It gets many hooked, including me. But they pulled a fast one this year. No Friday streaming.

In-car audio is up to the teams willing to broadcast it too. I have not heard PT`s radio at all this year.
Old 29 Jul 2005, 04:29 (Ref:1366286)   #15
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
All very worth it though Mabs.

I have just signed up aswell and have been going through the archives. great stuff.
I went through the archives and nothing Works.
Old 29 Jul 2005, 04:46 (Ref:1366290)   #16
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
I don't think Race Director is as good a I thought.

This is what is avalible
Friday
Practice 1 (Live Timing)
Practice 1 (Live Timing and Telemetry)
Qualifying 1 (Live Timing and Telemetry)

Saturday
Practice 3 (Live Timing, Telemetry, Video and Audio)
Practice 4 (Live Timing, Telemetry, Video and Audio)
Qualifying 2 (Live Timing, Telemetry, Video and Audio)

Sunday
Warm-Up (Live Timing and Telemetry)
Race (Live Timing, Telemetry, Video and Audio)

There should be Live Timing, Telemetry, Video and Audio for every seasion. Or at least for both Qualifying sessions.

Why can't it be free?
Old 29 Jul 2005, 09:16 (Ref:1366404)   #17
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I dont mind paying for it but it would be better if they showed everytime the cars were on track instead of just final qual and race day.

I used to have major problems with the streaming but for Toronto and Edmonton it was perfect for me and never gave a single glitch so Im hoping it stays that way.
Old 29 Jul 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1366948)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like Race Director because I can get it live, and because during the commercial breaks, when all the action appears to actually happen on track, they don't cut away. So when the domestic commentary get back they have missed everything but we haven't. I don't try to use any of the other features because it's too much work for my laptop to handle.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 03:54 (Ref:1367021)   #19
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
yeah me to Liz , I mainly just have the main broadcast happening and Live timing and thats it , I love it
Old 30 Jul 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1367289)   #20
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
I don't think Race Director is as good a I thought.

This is what is avalible
Friday
Practice 1 (Live Timing)
Practice 1 (Live Timing and Telemetry)
Qualifying 1 (Live Timing and Telemetry)

Saturday
Practice 3 (Live Timing, Telemetry, Video and Audio)
Practice 4 (Live Timing, Telemetry, Video and Audio)
Qualifying 2 (Live Timing, Telemetry, Video and Audio)

Sunday
Warm-Up (Live Timing and Telemetry)
Race (Live Timing, Telemetry, Video and Audio)

There should be Live Timing, Telemetry, Video and Audio for every seasion. Or at least for both Qualifying sessions.

Why can't it be free?
Here's what we have on TV if we don't have Race Director:

Friday:
Nothing

Saturday:
Nothing

Sunday:
The Race, without any pre-race or post-race action at all.

I don't know about you, but I'm paying $30.00 a year for Race Director and $50 a MONTH for cable TV. If I were to call my cable company and ask "Why can't it be free?" they would burst out laughing.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1367540)   #21
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
We have it worse in Australia
Champcars on Free TV
Friday:
Nothing

Saturday:
Nothing

Sunday:
Delayed Race (Tuesday 1:40AM-3:40AM)

Champcars on Pay TV
Friday:
Nothing

Saturday:
Nothing

Sunday:
Nothing

F1 on Free TV
Friday:
Nothing

Saturday:
Nothing

Sunday:
Delayed Race (Sunday 10:30PM-1:00AM)

F1 on Pay TV
Friday:
Nothing

Saturday:
Nothing

Sunday:
Nothing
Old 30 Jul 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1367545)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We get every ChampCar and IndyCar race live on satellite and/or cable TV, and F1 live free-to-air.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 16:25 (Ref:1367552)   #23
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
I don't have pay TV but we get decent coverage of IRL in Australia (on Pay TV)

IRL on Free TV
Friday:
Nothing

Saturday:
Nothing

Sunday:
Indy 500 Delayed (Monday 3:30AM-6:30AM)

IRL on Pay TV
Friday:
Nothing

Saturday:
Nothing

Sunday:
Live Race

Monday:
Delayed Race
Delayed Race
Old 30 Jul 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1367764)   #24
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
well get out of Bed now Mabs , qualifying is about to start LOL

7am on a Sunday morning and Mabs is probably fast asleep
Old 31 Jul 2005, 00:35 (Ref:1367872)   #25
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
That was alright!

The video never once stopped to buffer. It was a little bit slow starting up, but once it did everything worked great. Listening to PT's radio during qualifying was rather interesting as well! The adjectives he used to describe Oriol Servia were rather colourful, to put it mildly.