Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2012, 06:38 (Ref:3091260)   #126
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aha, that sounds much more realistic. As you can see, I'm not a computer engineer.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 06:39 (Ref:3091261)   #127
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Hahaha Thanks for the replies guys, so it's somewhere between 20-30mb an hour then. Looks like my estimates were well off, aren't you glad I'm not an engineer? Haha

Just one more question is RLM accesible by iPhone?
I think you can access it via the website, but I've always used a free app called TuneIn which works wonderfully.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3091298)   #128
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
I think you can access it via the website, but I've always used a free app called TuneIn which works wonderfully.
I've tried accessing it thru the website but it didn't work but TuneIn certainly does. Listening to RLM right now. Thank you so much. If our paths ever cross remind me to buy you a drink or two. RLM on the move, how awesome is this.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 11:34 (Ref:3091389)   #129
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
For Android:

e.g. MX Player can open network streams.

use the direct link: http://direct.sharp-stream.com/radioshow.mp3
Old 17 Jun 2012, 00:12 (Ref:3092868)   #130
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Solution: visit the website once in a while or even click the player that way but keep listening via the direct link. Or keep it in a background window.
It's not that the people listening direct don't get counted, but that accessing it direct screws with the load balancing on the server, and that's bad for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
When I was listening through TuneIn it was streaming at 58 kbps, so 58 * 60 is 3480, roughly 3.4 megabytes a minute which would then be roughly 203 MB an hour.
It's 56kbits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
For Android:

e.g. MX Player can open network streams.
For Android just click the "Listen Live" link on their website and it opens in the native Android audio player.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 13:25 (Ref:3093631)   #131
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As ever mega coverage from Radio Le Mans, well done to everyone that has been involved. See you all next year.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3093681)   #132
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, superb as always - and Ten Tenths even got a mention this morning!
Old 17 Jun 2012, 16:54 (Ref:3093724)   #133
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it was better this year than the last couple (everything is relative). The stints worked better for some reason. We're there more people involved? Whatever this gave it a freshness throughout the 24 hours. Well done to all involved, especially those who work so hard all year for us.

Paul was bob on again. I was pleased John gave him a special mention again at the end.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3093752)   #134
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I think it was better this year than the last couple (everything is relative). The stints worked better for some reason. We're there more people involved? Whatever this gave it a freshness throughout the 24 hours. Well done to all involved, especially those who work so hard all year for us.
Yes, 5 people rotating in the pitlane and 6 in the booth (excepting the iron constitution of the Truswell).
Old 18 Jun 2012, 00:06 (Ref:3093876)   #135
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So. Much. Fun.

Hope I get to do more - loved it!
Old 18 Jun 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3094043)   #136
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I listened to RLM 70% of the time, The Audi Feed, 25% of the time and Eurosport 5% of the time looking carefully that CK wasn't around.

It's a pity they couldn't poach Jeremy Shaw fully from the evil Eurosport. I take onboard that RLM doesn't run on water, that Nissan provide title sponsorship and we are grateful to their contribution of course but I think them plugging Nissan went a bit wild for a time. OTT Nissan promotion there I think. In any event they are fine broadcasters and the high standard continued this year, a few techhie problems aside.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 09:55 (Ref:3094705)   #137
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
So. Much. Fun.

Hope I get to do more - loved it!

The boy dun good! Niuce one Sam.

I thoroughly enjoyed the usual commentary crew although I did feel Bruce was a little off form and with all due respect to them, the newbies were no match for Graham Tyler - IMO.....
Old 19 Jun 2012, 09:58 (Ref:3094711)   #138
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great coverage, although if Darren Cox said the same things once more on RLM I'd have hit someone.

Sam was the star for me, his input during the smoking dog show was fascinating and he worked incredibly well with Jim.

I will admit Chuck Dressing is starting to seem a little superfluous to the whole thing, but I thought it worked much better this year separating the two Americans (Chuck with Hindy and Jim with Sam).
Old 19 Jun 2012, 10:03 (Ref:3094716)   #139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't agree about Chuck - I love listening to him. The fact that I've met him several times helps too.....
Old 19 Jun 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3094726)   #140
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Can someone tell me when Sam Collins was on air? So I can listen to the podcast.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 10:22 (Ref:3094728)   #141
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Each to their own of course, I like listening to him, but from what I could hear the majority of what he says is just 'I remember when' or 'I wish this was still' and not a lot of comment on what it actually going on.

He is great to listen to when giving his vast array of stories, but on commentary for me he doesn't add a lot of information.

There is a place for him on RLM, I just think the others, Sam for example, add a little bit more when it comes to commenting on an ongoing race.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3094751)   #142
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Is this not the beauty of the Radio LeMans team? They all have their individual personalities and bring those to the broadcast, which probably breaks all records for a sporting event live coverage in terms of experience and diversity of opinion. Whilst we may empathise more with some individuals than others, I would venture to suggest that the overall balance is as good as it's possible to achieve and I, for one, am lost in admiration for the extent and quality of their coverage.
I have had the fortunate personal experience of watching some of the team (John H and Nick D) work on the commentary for the 360MRC 6 hour races at Snetterton and the passion, professionalism and enthusiasm for motorsport, particularly endurance racing is beyond belief. It certainly lifts our event to world class standards!
Old 19 Jun 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3094822)   #143
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Absolutely!
Old 19 Jun 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3095080)   #144
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Is this not the beauty of the Radio LeMans team? They all have their individual personalities and bring those to the broadcast, which probably breaks all records for a sporting event live coverage in terms of experience and diversity of opinion. Whilst we may empathise more with some individuals than others, I would venture to suggest that the overall balance is as good as it's possible to achieve and I, for one, am lost in admiration for the extent and quality of their coverage.
I have had the fortunate personal experience of watching some of the team (John H and Nick D) work on the commentary for the 360MRC 6 hour races at Snetterton and the passion, professionalism and enthusiasm for motorsport, particularly endurance racing is beyond belief. It certainly lifts our event to world class standards!
AMEN THAT

The first time we met Eve and John we knew straight away that the passion which is obvious on air...is backed up off air too. Nick is a great addition and lets not forget Charles, The Two Pauls (actually there were three in that booth this year but I cant say who the third one was) and the rest of the team too ....thing is...as they say....picture a group of friends down the pub sitting round a table talking about MotorSport over a beer

They are the table... collectively
Old 20 Jun 2012, 20:52 (Ref:3095649)   #145
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always enjoy listening to RLM. I think I struggled listening to them last year, as I'd heard the preview podcasts before Le Mans. This year I hadn't managed to listen to them, so enjoyed hearing them, although almost not enough!

FWIW I think the commentary is great, I mean really good.

I'm not so sure about the out-of-hours stuff though.. They used to do more on the Friday - admitteldy it probably took a lot of time and didn't return that much, but I enjoyed the more radio aspect of it then.

Although the twitter competition thing at the end of the race didn't quite work... imo
Old 24 Jun 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3097075)   #146
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
For anyone who didn't spot where RLM were broadcasting from at the Ford Chicane - I shot this during the Grp C practice on Thursday.

Trussers is (I believe) at the left hand window and Hindy can clearly be seen in his blue shirt towards the right of the box.
Attached Thumbnails
rlm.jpg  
Old 24 Jun 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3097090)   #147
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Can someone tell me when Sam Collins was on air? So I can listen to the podcast.
The only specific I can give you is that he was definitely on air at around 05:00 (local time in France). We were at the Indianapolis end of the Arnage enclosure and that was when Trussers gave the mention regarding AllonFS and Sam continued on from that with the mention of the 10Tenths meeting. Trussers then catches up on a couple of texts he had received....the one which was 'nothing to do with anything' (or something like that) was from me, thanking him for the AllonFS mention.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3097096)   #148
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Radio Le Mans was brilliant again. I've been away for two years and listened to Eurosport as I prefer to hear the cars on the Eurosport feed, but I'd forgotten how brilliant RLM is.

Paul Trusswell is staggeringly good. Le Mans is a deeply complex puzzle, comprising of 56 pieces with the cars alone, and not only does he make sense of it, he translates it into talk anyone can understand.

I've grown up listening to these people, and it's infectious to listen to because of their passion. When they meet people, it must be a bit strange as we all feel like we know them well!
Old 24 Jun 2012, 14:58 (Ref:3097214)   #149
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Some of them even like curry!
Old 24 Jun 2012, 17:19 (Ref:3097281)   #150
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Were all broadcast teams at that 'portable-looking' complex? Including Eurosport?