Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Sep 2013, 20:27 (Ref:3302978)   #26
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well you are welcome to join us in TR next year, we have not made much in the way of planning yet but we will almost certainly be going down on the wednesday and returning Sunday after the race, this year we arranged to pick up an other tenther (victor one of our romanian friends) at the station and ended up adopting an aussie who asked directions at the station so we are happy to take anyone (our campsite is very international but a little heavy on the dutch and english) race tickets can be bought there when you arrive but camping tickets are harder to obtain but i am sure we can sort something out (we did last year).
Old 13 Sep 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3303304)   #27
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like there is a demand for camping for travelers from overseas.
I would also be happy to set up a small international camp for Ten-Tenths members with tents and camping at Maison Blanch. We have the tents so only thing you need to bring is a matress and sleeping bags. As we are in cars we can help going to the marked or if wanted we will bring new sleepingbags with us at costprice.

Price will follow shortly, as we share the camping between more than one tent it will be cheep. As i am not an agent i dont need to earn on it.

follow this tread and i will come back to you.

Kenn.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3303567)   #28
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kenn, please remember to make space for us regulars
Old 14 Sep 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3303762)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's a great and generous offer Kenn. As and when you're ready, I think we ought to let you have a thread of your own for this.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3303836)   #30
willxr50
Rookie

Australia
Parramatta
willxr50 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The offers from GT6 and kpkorsager are really great. If you could let me know exactly what i need to bring and where to be at what time ill be there. Basically just happy for a place to leave my big backpack and a hot shower not to fussed on the sleep. Travelling from to far away to miss anything ill sleep on the plane home.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3303841)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by willxr50 View Post
.....not to fussed on the sleep. Travelling from to far away to miss anything ill sleep on the plane home.

Good man! That's what I like to hear!
Old 14 Sep 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3303869)   #32
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sleeping under the 24 hours Le Mans is baaaad
Old 14 Sep 2013, 15:53 (Ref:3303877)   #33
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Sleeping under the 24 hours Le Mans is baaaad
Not if you've just spent your entire commissaire shift cleaning up car parts and digging GTs out of the gravel. But I keep a Corvette lap chart in my sleep...
keke
Old 14 Sep 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3303879)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm prepared to make an exception for the hard-working marshals!
Old 14 Sep 2013, 16:25 (Ref:3303888)   #35
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
Not if you've just spent your entire commissaire shift cleaning up car parts and digging GTs out of the gravel. But I keep a Corvette lap chart in my sleep...
keke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm prepared to make an exception for the hard-working marshals!
As I have been Marshalling all day today, and will be doing again tomorrow, I will support this exception
Old 14 Sep 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3303927)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The offers from GT6 and kpkorsager are really great. If you could let me know exactly what i need to bring and where to be at what time ill be there. Basically just happy for a place to leave my big backpack and a hot shower not to fussed on the sleep. Travelling from to far away to miss anything ill sleep on the plane home.
Just lets one of us know closer to the time we will sort something out, our last aussie had a back pack and an army sleeping bag when we picked him up, cold and rain caused him a few problems on the first night and he ended up sleeping in the bell of my tent, next day Helen took him to a supermarket and got him a cheap tent
Old 15 Sep 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3304168)   #37
willxr50
Rookie

Australia
Parramatta
Yeah thats the plan ill pick up a cheapish tent once i get over there. Is there a toilet/shower block with hot water? Im sure the facilities are abit more advanced then the ones at mount panorama where its a lucky dip for hot water. So can i buy tickets online or can you buy them at the track.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 10:43 (Ref:3304171)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I'm sure the facilities are a bit more advanced then the ones at mount panorama where its a lucky dip for hot water.

I have it on good authority that Simon's (GT6) facilities are extremely advanced.......
Old 15 Sep 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3304221)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yep all the main camp sites have shower blocks/mobile units which are usually hot, race tickets can be purchased on the gates, but if you want grandstand tickets they will need to be purchased from the ACO. Some people think they are essential but others like myself never bother with them. the camping tickets are for the car so the costs will be small but getting you in will be dependent on when you arrive some sites have very strict security but we managed it last year, other sites you can just walk in
Old 15 Sep 2013, 15:50 (Ref:3304286)   #40
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
The water is heated - so in the morning, when lot's are showering, it will get cold. But when nobody is showering, it get VERY hot!
Old 17 Sep 2013, 09:08 (Ref:3305090)   #41
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My post race shower after year seemed to have water piped straight from a storage tent somewhere in the sahara.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3305102)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, the best shower of the year.....
Old 17 Sep 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3305346)   #43
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ah, the best shower of the year.....
Except for those of us who do a civilised LM and stay on a campsite where the showers are always hot and are used at least once every day!
Old 17 Sep 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3305356)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, well yes, I have a shower every day during my LM trip too!
Old 17 Sep 2013, 19:42 (Ref:3305385)   #45
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Ah, well yes, I have a shower every day during my LM trip too!
So do I and I have no problem whatever the temperature, comes from my school days when the showers were never more than luke warm and usually very cold, but on the campsite I go early in the morning and they are perfect, but do except that by 9 o'clock there are queues and the temperature might not be to every ones liking.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3305451)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We're clearly not only the best fans at Le Mans but the cleanest ones too.......
Old 18 Sep 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3305708)   #47
willxr50
Rookie

Australia
Parramatta
Well I made the first step tonight on the road to Le mans. Booked my airline tickets to frankfurt return. Making a suprise visit to family first in germany before heading to london then le mans then the nurburgring before heading home again. Tomorrow i tell the boss that i wont be there in june.

I knew most of you on here would be civilised in regards to showers at the track. Its not uncommon for blokes to arrive at mount panorama on a tuesday and then not shower till they got home on monday. I did flag marshall 2 24 hour races at bathurst and being short staffed the showers fell by the way side.

Is campfires allowed?
Old 18 Sep 2013, 13:58 (Ref:3305765)   #48
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Well I made the first step tonight on the road to Le mans. Booked my airline tickets to frankfurt return. Making a suprise visit to family first in germany before heading to london then le mans then the nurburgring before heading home again. Tomorrow i tell the boss that i wont be there in june.

I knew most of you on here would be civilised in regards to showers at the track. Its not uncommon for blokes to arrive at mount panorama on a tuesday and then not shower till they got home on monday. I did flag marshall 2 24 hour races at bathurst and being short staffed the showers fell by the way side.

Is campfires allowed?
Well things are a little different at Le mans, BBQ are the norm open fires are not allowed but burning wood/pine cones on the BBQ is traditional, showers are used at least once a day and dressing for dinner is advised, it is quite normal in the evening to see just about anything, last year we had various super heroes, full evening suits, drag and most of the dutch wear clogs, nudity has also been seen but we usually throw things at those sorts.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3306135)   #49
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
last year we had various super heroes, full evening suits, drag and most of the dutch wear clogs, nudity has also been seen but we usually throw things at those sorts.
.... and that is just Simon's camp.....
Old 19 Sep 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3306146)   #50
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
drag
Drag as in Dragracing, or... the not so pleasant kind?