Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Apr 2020, 15:50 (Ref:3969815)   #5601
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
I spent my morning unfollowinng dead accounts on my Twitter and spotted a faded dim and distant rumour. Does anybody else remember Team CLR (whoever they were) announcing plans to enter a Seat Exeo to NGTC spec?
For 2014 if I remember correctly. Can’t remember if it was just a rumour or there was any kind of press/reputable attention towards it.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3969837)   #5602
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I spent my morning unfollowinng dead accounts on my Twitter and spotted a faded dim and distant rumour. Does anybody else remember Team CLR (whoever they were) announcing plans to enter a Seat Exeo to NGTC spec?
Bit of a strange choice, essentially the Exeo was a rebadged Audi A4, which was already racing in NGTC spec!
Old 10 Apr 2020, 16:40 (Ref:3969842)   #5603
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...134470&page=76

Lots of discussion at the time about whether the entry was realistic, and FWD/RWD transverse/longitudinal debate.

IIRC, the car doesn't even register as a failed project on the register?

Looking back now, seems like a pie in the sky entry. I had to check twice to see if it was connected to the Shedden/Cartridge World entry, but doesn't seem so.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 18:15 (Ref:3970126)   #5604
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200411_183835.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	59606

Interesting concept, or scary thought?

Many thought that Neate would never be back. Would DB consider it?
Old 11 Apr 2020, 19:43 (Ref:3970143)   #5605
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Attachment 59606

Interesting concept, or scary thought?

Many thought that Neate would never be back. Would DB consider it?
Oh good lord no. The BTCC has an undercurrent of courting controversy (not the series itself, but the teams/drivers/fans) but if Mr Storey gets involved then we genuinely ain't seen nothin' yet.

I really hope that's just a joke.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 21:38 (Ref:3970158)   #5606
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Welch Motorsport actually did plan to enter one before they went for the Proton.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 07:53 (Ref:3970233)   #5607
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I also hope that Rich Energy Focus is just Satire. We’ve had enough prickly characters in the sport without Mr Storey getting involved
Old 12 Apr 2020, 09:41 (Ref:3970251)   #5608
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why are people talking and taking it seriously about a photo that someone has done for a livery competition, some people’s reaction on motorbases Instagram page is mind boggling
Old 12 Apr 2020, 10:05 (Ref:3970263)   #5609
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP to a true legend of this sport Sir Stirling Moss
Old 12 Apr 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3970269)   #5610
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I also hope that Rich Energy Focus is just Satire. We’ve had enough prickly characters in the sport without Mr Storey getting involved
Storey has left the company anyway.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 10:28 (Ref:3970274)   #5611
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Storey has left the company anyway.
IIRC, he left and then returned a short time later.

He's now calling out Plato!
https://twitter.com/richenergyceo/status/1249023925071331328?s=19
Old 12 Apr 2020, 13:55 (Ref:3970327)   #5612
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who remembers the AMD plan to replace the Golf with an Astra?

https://www.racecar-engineering.com/...ia-enter-btcc/
Old 12 Apr 2020, 15:08 (Ref:3970336)   #5613
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I also remember there being talk about HARD running a Volvo
Old 12 Apr 2020, 15:57 (Ref:3970344)   #5614
Pdh
Racer

What about last year when a certain driver went on Facebook live with Paul O’neil and tells the world there would be jaguars on the grid in 2020
Old 12 Apr 2020, 16:31 (Ref:3970346)   #5615
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
IIRC, he left and then returned a short time later.

He's now calling out Plato!
https://twitter.com/richenergyceo/status/1249023925071331328?s=19
He left in 2019 and according to a story from ESPN last month, he still isn't part of the company.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 16:45 (Ref:3970351)   #5616
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
He left in 2019 and according to a story from ESPN last month, he still isn't part of the company.
If it's this one:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/27221746/the-bizarre-haas-rich-energy-saga-explained%3fplatform=amp
it includes a note at the start that it was written in July 19, and updated to reflect the split with Haas.

Just a few weeks later:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/formulaspy.com/f1/william-storey-resumes-control-of-rich-energy-63939/amp

But then again, who knows what is really going on in the world of Rich Energy / Storey?
Old 12 Apr 2020, 17:13 (Ref:3970357)   #5617
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If it's this one:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp
it includes a note at the start that it was written in July 19, and updated to reflect the split with Haas.

Just a few weeks later:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/formula...ergy-63939/amp

But then again, who knows what is really going on in the world of Rich Energy / Storey?
You mean Lightning Volt Ltd https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09791667
Old 12 Apr 2020, 17:22 (Ref:3970358)   #5618
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Following name change - yes.

Storey an active director since late August.
Trade under the Rich Energy name.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 17:33 (Ref:3970360)   #5619
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rich Energy is infiltrating many forms of motorsport, just like Corona virus but not as funny.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 17:41 (Ref:3970362)   #5620
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
I know the original image was a concept.
But - Storey has now started to expand, and his interest seems piqued.

Given the potential for budgets to be hit hard during the current crisis, how confident are we that every team boss wouldn't be tempted by an approach from Rich Energy?
Old 12 Apr 2020, 17:44 (Ref:3970364)   #5621
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I know the original image was a concept.
But - Storey has now started to expand, and his interest seems piqued.

Given the potential for budgets to be hit hard during the current crisis, how confident are we that every team boss wouldn't be tempted by an approach from Rich Energy?
Does AG have a say in team sponsors, if they potentially bring the sport in to disrepute or clash with existing series sponsors?
Old 12 Apr 2020, 20:11 (Ref:3970379)   #5622
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Does AG have a say in team sponsors, if they potentially bring the sport in to disrepute or clash with existing series sponsors?
There are strict rules on what sponsors can be on a car, which are published in the regulations.

Other than that Gow has no say.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 20:20 (Ref:3970383)   #5623
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I'm not sure. But we've got plenty of examples of sponsor 'clashes'.
Team Dynamics even clashed with the series sponsor last season, hence the different number plates to the rest of the grid.

There's also a bit of a leap from potential to actually bringing it into disrepute.
I know behind the scenes discussions would probably be held - but at the moment I think it would be tricky to justify blocking Rich Energy from sponsoring a team. Have their actions been any worse than the last Infiniti entry, other than being on a more public scale?
Old 12 Apr 2020, 20:57 (Ref:3970394)   #5624
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

I think we could consider ourselves relatively confident! Unless they were paying cash in advance in a briefcase
Old 12 Apr 2020, 21:05 (Ref:3970398)   #5625
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I think we could consider ourselves relatively confident! Unless they were paying cash in advance in a briefcase
I'm just wondering - how much convincing did OMG need?