Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 May 2003, 18:50 (Ref:610726)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fair enough!
Old 28 May 2003, 16:02 (Ref:612603)   #27
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Reports on dsc now suggest that Stephane Ortelli may join Nielsen and Shimoda in the DBA. Now that would be a good line-up, certainly the best in LMP675 and as good as a lot of the LMP900s as well.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 17:43 (Ref:619450)   #28
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danish TV2, who will cover the the race flag to flag for the 3rd time, reports that it is indeed Casper Elgaard who gets the final seat in the DBA-Zytec.

Great to see 4 danish drivers at Le Mans again!
Old 3 Jun 2003, 18:58 (Ref:619552)   #29
lemans_henrik
Rookie

lemans_henrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dunlop Corner
Danish TV2, who will cover the the race flag to flag for the 3rd time, reports that it is indeed Casper Elgaard who gets the final seat in the DBA-Zytec.

Great to see 4 danish drivers at Le Mans again!

Great to hear! It is the right decision to let Casper do the job. He was fantastic in the Dome at Le Mans in 2001, and I am really looking foreward to see him in the DBA racer.

But what about Kristian Kolby - I have not seen him racing since he joined the Ascari team at Sebring last year. He is also a young Dane with lot of racing potential, but without a racing seat. Having him competing at Le Mans once again (raced for DAMS Cadillac in 2000) would also be nice.
Old 4 Jun 2003, 08:59 (Ref:620153)   #30
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
But didn't Kolby prove a bit accident-prone in the DAMS Caddy? I seem to remember watching him throwing it into the wall at one point (not that that was the worst of Cadillac's problems...)
Old 4 Jun 2003, 09:27 (Ref:620185)   #31
Evil Fuzzy
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Evil Fuzzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
But didn't Kolby prove a bit accident-prone in the DAMS Caddy? I seem to remember watching him throwing it into the wall at one point (not that that was the worst of Cadillac's problems...)
Would that be the incident during the warming-up for the 2000 race where he destroyed half the rear end of the car coming on to the Start/finish straight and getting on the gas a "little" too soon.
Honestly, I don't know if it was him. I just remember seeing someone crashing the Caddilac and I though:"How on earth can you crash that car just a few hours before the start of the race!"
Old 4 Jun 2003, 09:36 (Ref:620196)   #32
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Evil Fuzzy, I confirm : I was the accident at the start of the starting straight (Kolby span after having pushed too early out of the last Ford chicane) at the end of the warm-up session on saturday morning... the same car burned later (during the fourth lap ?) with Christophe Tinseau inboard...

Last edited by Fab; 4 Jun 2003 at 09:37.
Old 4 Jun 2003, 14:52 (Ref:620663)   #33
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way Kristian explained it to TV2 after the accident, it was not his fault.
He seemed to think that the gearbox seized, dropping oil on the rear tires causing the spin. He looked quite shaken because, as he said, he didn't push at all on that lap, but still the car just went away from him. I think the Caddy engineers agreed on that explanation.

Will be good to see Casper. He just held off Jan Magnussen's Peugeot to win the last round of the DTC, so he is in good shape. And futhermore he raced very cleverly. Earlier i thought he was a bit too agressive, and he has had some very big fights on and off the track with Jason Watt. However in the first heat he waited almost 10 laps behind former European Rally Champion Henrik Lundgaard, until the Toyota driver made a mistake and Elgaard could pass him.
I am more confident of his driving at Le Mans after that showing!
Old 5 Jun 2003, 05:32 (Ref:621409)   #34
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dunlop Corner
He looked quite shaken
You say ! He beated the concrete wall quite hard !