Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 27 Jul 2003, 21:28 (Ref:672708)   #1
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Wiscombe Nat / Rest of the Champs

A big thanks to all my colleagues who came down to Wiscombe for this weekend rounds of the National Hillclimb champs. Those present on Saturday bravely withstood a torrential downpoor that started from about 6.30am and lasted a whole 12hours. If that were not enough, Sunday presented several hefty off's, a 20 minute luch break and the mounting tension of a hard fought run off on an improving but trecherous surface.

In the end, in the first round Fleetwood closed the gap to Junior to 1 point. In the Second, Junior pumped in an impressive quali time, Fleetwood responded in the run off with a committed run that left Junior with everything to do. The first hlaf of the run looked promising, but he exited Sawbench untidily, and Martini (which had been the thorn in his side all weekend) prooved his to be his nadir, a slight misjudgement caused him to stall. Needless to say his drive home tonight might prove a long one.

The run home to the end looks set to be a classic now. Junior Droppen 9 points behind Fleetwood. While Adam looks in faultless form, I suspect the challenge of being the underdog again might be to Mr Wight's liking. All his favorite tracks are left - the Gurston & Shelsey look particularly mouthwatering.

5 rounds left, who's your money on???
Old 27 Jul 2003, 22:59 (Ref:672808)   #2
Beardy359
Racer

England
Wiltshire
Beardy359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you back in Weston-Super-Mud already B1ackcrow? A seriously good weekend despite the rain! Just how far can a car go at Wiscombe and not hit a tree?

I still fancy junior for the title, if only due to experience with the car, mind if he'd listen to Wicky he'd win every round!

Hope Mrs. B1ackcrow is recovering from whatever lurgy layed her low today, and I will definately see you at Gurston if not before. Thanks for the offer of a steak dinner at next years Wiscombe nats. as well, much appreciated and I will pass on the offer to everyone else concerned!
Old 28 Jul 2003, 19:17 (Ref:673616)   #3
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
You must be thinking of another B1ackcr0w who doesn't stupidly bandy about words like that....

doh