Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 25 May 2010, 14:42 (Ref:2697895)   #126
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jeremy Shaw was/is fantastic. Worked great with Ben Edwards for CART.
Old 25 May 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2697902)   #127
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Can you confirm whether or not Jeremy Shaw is the man I mentioned earlier?
Old 25 May 2010, 16:38 (Ref:2697976)   #128
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Is Jeremy Shaw that bloke who had a column in Top Gear magazine where he'd bang on about all the celebs he'd been hob-nobbing with?
God knows, doesn't sound like him though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Indeed. He's also done a FIA GT race this season and his commentary was very good, especially considering that he hadn't done a FIA GT race before.

Also, according to Ben Edwards, Jeremy is the only person that he's ever worked with that can commentate while keeping a perfect lap chart. Fascinating, heh?
Old 25 May 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2698183)   #129
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Eurosport Le Mans coverage team..

"MartinHaven, Mark Cole, Carlton Kirby, Jeremy Shaw, Liz Halliday, Neville Hay"

Guess which one of the above will ruin the show.
Liz Halliday?
Old 25 May 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2698256)   #130
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is Jeremy Shaw that bloke who had a column in Top Gear magazine where he'd bang on about all the celebs he'd been hob-nobbing with?
It certainly doesn't sound like the Jeremy Shaw, who is one of the most knowledgable and genuine journalists/commentators around. I remember seeing him in person busy gathering info from various crew members at CART Rockingham 2002, notebook in hand... he knows his stuff and is clearly passionate about the sport. I've always had a lot of respect for him. Kirby on the other hand I can only assume doesn't even like motorsport, as he's never bothered to learn a thing about it, other than in most races it's generally "busy out there".
Old 25 May 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2698272)   #131
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeremy Shaw was/is a great journo, done sterling work for Autosport in the 70s and 80s, in fact his deaprture signalled the moment of real decline in that magazine. Also he has done immense amounts to help American drivers over to europe - a couple of guys I know would have been nowhere without his hard work, encouragement and sage advice.

Kirby, as John mentions, is unaware of motorsport history.
Old 26 May 2010, 05:07 (Ref:2698328)   #132
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Can you confirm whether or not Jeremy Shaw is the man I mentioned earlier?

Doesn't sound like him. If he was doing that then he was writing at a Top Gear level.
Old 26 May 2010, 20:57 (Ref:2698843)   #133
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well if our Carlton is doing Le Mans this year, let's hope he takes the Lotus Elise again and leaves the roof at home like he did before.
Old 26 May 2010, 21:18 (Ref:2698856)   #134
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Well if our Carlton is doing Le Mans this year, let's hope he takes the Lotus Elise again and leaves the roof at home like he did before.
To give Carlton his dues, that was a funny story.
Old 27 May 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2699316)   #135
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Indeed, I bet he'll be using that at after-dinner speeches for years to come.
Old 27 May 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2699386)   #136
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh Good God I hope I never have to hear one of those!!

Bad enough on the telly!
Old 27 May 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2699447)   #137
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Oh Good God I hope I never have to hear one of those!!
Unless you go around to Carlton's place for dinner sometime, I doubt you'll have to...
Old 28 May 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2699817)   #138
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Haha, well unless he is asking me round for some advice or some research on some of the events he is covering then no!!
Old 28 May 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2699820)   #139
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I heard some co-commentator the other day on Motors TV who was helping with the Caterhams (sp?). He honestly sounded like a cockney they'd just dragged off the streets. Stranger still, it sounded like he was an ex-driver!

Selby
Old 28 May 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2699849)   #140
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I heard some co-commentator the other day on Motors TV who was helping with the Caterhams (sp?). He honestly sounded like a cockney they'd just dragged off the streets. Stranger still, it sounded like he was an ex-driver!

Selby

Oh God. Mark Blundell's not back is he?
Old 28 May 2010, 12:25 (Ref:2699875)   #141
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Presumably that was Barry Lee on the Motors TV Live Race Day...
Old 28 May 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2699916)   #142
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and wasn't he good?
really restored my faith in watching racing on the TV with the sound turned on, absolutely marvellous, well done Barry.
Old 28 May 2010, 13:45 (Ref:2699918)   #143
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
It was kind of refreshing, yet kind of angered me in a way because I knew I could have done the same job...? If that makes sense? lol

It's one of those "oh look, there's a really ugly guy with a hot girl...." - Should you feel happy that this actually happens, or jelous that he has her in the first place??

And lmfao @ Blundell comment...

Selby
Old 29 May 2010, 04:52 (Ref:2700234)   #144
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
Quote:
Oh God. Mark Blundell's not back is he?
Nah, he's too busy with all the caravaning he does nowadays... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HOpjSkwiXA
Old 29 May 2010, 08:04 (Ref:2700257)   #145
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
Nah, he's too busy with all the caravaning he does nowadays... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HOpjSkwiXA
Oh my God.

That's Alan Partridge's Hamilton's Watebreaks commercial isn't it? "Get the cow off the boat!"
Old 29 May 2010, 08:16 (Ref:2700262)   #146
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
lmfao what an episode... or would "What a video!" be more apt?

I was watching the World Superbike last night and I swear that cockney type fella was on there again... he just seemed to keep laughing in disbelief loads! Bloody good race, though. Kyalami really is a much more managable track without that stupid chicane on T12 I think it is.

Selby
Old 29 May 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2700265)   #147
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is epic. Very Partridge esque. He seems very excited about the fully fitted shower!!

As for Barry Lee he was defintley entertaining for one or two races, but I fear if I had watched the whole day of racing I would have thrown something.
Old 29 May 2010, 09:47 (Ref:2700301)   #148
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
LMFAO I actually just watched that video... oh my Christ, that's hilarious!

"Water way, to have a good time!"

Selby
Old 29 May 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2700309)   #149
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Oh my God.
Those were 75% of my exact words.

There was a present participle in the penultimate position though.
Old 29 May 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2700310)   #150
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That is a seriously funny video

Now I have another reason to never be seen dead in a caravan