Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:28 (Ref:2539670)   #301
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Maybe so, but when people are calling for life bans on the basis that the lives of competitors, marshals and spectators were put at risk, it makes me roll my eyes. Does anyone truly believe that Piquet's accident carried greater risk than the incident at Suzuka involving Ayrton Senna?
BTW: Prost's shunt over Piquet in Zandvoort 1983 was also intentional? Or just an error?
Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:34 (Ref:2539675)   #302
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Yeah, I think that good old mate Livio has hit the sport there...
One can't be sure, but Briatore might get out of this unscathed

If I was Junior, I would do a "Pedro Diniz", go back home, get hold of one of Dad's millionaire business and spend with lots of "wannabe models" that are available everywhere in that country... you never can get enough of that. And forget about F1 for good.
If I was Junior, also would think to support the careers of Felipe Nasr (boyfriend of Julia) and Pedro Piquet.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:57 (Ref:2539696)   #303
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
BTW: Prost's shunt over Piquet in Zandvoort 1983 was also intentional? Or just an error?
Prost had his mind on other things that day. He had been caught in flagrante with the wife of a quite high-up at Renault that weekend.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2539788)   #304
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting article here detailing the various events, including stuff from the team wall on the night and Symonds' questioning at Spa, where he dodges answering key questions

At this rate, Symonds is definitely done for but Flavio might get away with it, as there's not enough evidence to prove he was involved
Old 13 Sep 2009, 18:25 (Ref:2539857)   #305
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's not exactly good that Pat Symonds appears to have been answering most questions a permutation on "No comment". Not good. I don't like calling these things, but he might well be toast. Flav? Let's see if the FIA know something we don't in that regard ...
Old 13 Sep 2009, 18:29 (Ref:2539862)   #306
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
It's not exactly good that Pat Symonds appears to have been answering most questions a permutation on "No comment". Not good. I don't like calling these things, but he might well be toast. Flav? Let's see if the FIA know something we don't in that regard ...
'No comment' is surely mainly because of the legal advice Renault will have been given. Symond's can't really say anything (neither could Fernando) that the opposing lawyer's could in any way see as assisting the oppositions case.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2540524)   #307
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Patrick Head wants a no nonsense approach : James Allen approves.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2540556)   #308
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Piquet Snr also goes for the "no nonsense" approach,and says that Alonso knew everything.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/...ays-piquet-sr/

Brundle says that Piquet is now "unemployable" and that Flav could step away from F1,even before the hearing.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/...-says-brundle/
Old 14 Sep 2009, 16:25 (Ref:2540568)   #309
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
If Flav goes, I think we'll see Renault going ... let's hope it doesn't become Piquet Sports!
Old 14 Sep 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2540571)   #310
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
But didn't Fernando initially deny all knowledge when the McLaren (er) stuff hit the fan a couple of years ago?
Old 14 Sep 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2540581)   #311
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I doubt Alonso would've known. NPS says that Alonso must've known for them to take an aggressive strategy, as he wouldn't have knowingly decided on that. Now, correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure the fuel loads were/are decided right after qualifying before the cars go into parc ferme, even for those who don't make the top 10. Briatore and Symonds didn't ask NPJ to crash (according to what NPJ said) until the following day. So unless FB and PS made up their minds straight away, presuming NPJ would agree, and told Alonso before him, I can't see how Alonso would've known, so his theory is nonsense. Alonso himself said after the race that he didn't consider such a strategy that risky, so I think they just went for the aggressive strategy and worked around that after
Old 14 Sep 2009, 16:45 (Ref:2540587)   #312
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
If Flav goes, I think we'll see Renault going ... let's hope it doesn't become Piquet Sports!
Don't you mean 'Piqued Sports'.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 16:48 (Ref:2540588)   #313
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
I doubt Alonso would've known.
It was a big PR weekend for ING and Renault IIRC,and maybe the plot was hatched long before the meeting with Piquet ? In fact the meeting with Piquet was a bit on the late side for a well organised plot I would have thought.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 17:16 (Ref:2540605)   #314
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Anything we may say before next Monday, or probably a couple of days after that, is pure conjecture and it's a very complicated issue.

I'm happy to read anything other people might want to say, but I'm going to make no further comment on the subject until then.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2540655)   #315
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
I think that next Monday will only be the end of the beginning - perhaps we won't see Renault in F1 next year ...
Old 14 Sep 2009, 18:25 (Ref:2540659)   #316
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree with you totally.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2540667)   #317
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say that when Max was interviewed at the weekend he kept stressing the point that there were two sides to every story and nothing had been proven. It was a very different vibe to his press conferences before "spygate". He seemed to be going out of his way to be conciliatory which makes me think Renault may get away with it.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 20:01 (Ref:2540737)   #318
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
Prost had his mind on other things that day. He had been caught in flagrante with the wife of a quite high-up at Renault that weekend.

Which is why he got the sack from Renault, not the losing of the WDC to the cheating Piquet and his illagally BASF fueled Brabham. Prost didnt have the best of records here did he? Didnt he also bone his good friend Laffites wife, ruining their friendship and both their marriages? Hardly seems worth it in hindsight.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 07:16 (Ref:2540920)   #319
raindog
Rookie

England
FRANCE
raindog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently Symonds, like Piquet jnr, has been offered immunity by the FIA if he comes clean and tells all. All they need to do now is offer it to Flav, and we can forget the whole thing. But doesn't this now look as if Max is after Flav's blood alone, similiar to the way Ron Dennis was singled out and hounded down?
Just a thought.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 07:32 (Ref:2540927)   #320
Racer 35
Racer

England
South Derbyshire
Racer 35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, having read the transcript of the FIA's interview with Pat Symonds yesterday at http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78647 I can only draw the conclusion that the Renault team did indedd have a plan for the crash to happen. Symonds refused to answer any questions regarding the details of the incident, but admits that the meeting took place.
If he takes the immunity offered by the FIA and comes clean, I guess it's goodbye Renault and arrivaderci Flavio for ever.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 07:47 (Ref:2540936)   #321
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It does look indeed like Moseley's last fling.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2540949)   #322
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Immunity for evidence

Mr Symonds still likes his job I presume?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Sep 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2540953)   #323
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer 35 View Post
If he takes the immunity offered by the FIA and comes clean, I guess it's goodbye Renault and arrivaderci Flavio for ever.
I don't think that he's being offered immunity there.

You can't give everyone immunity otherwise there would be no one left to prosecute.

Piquet is the 'whistle-blower' here and has the immunity,and immunity isn't granted to someone just because they signed a statement and backed it up with telemetery evidence,because those two things are merely damning himself.You have to have more than that.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 08:24 (Ref:2540963)   #324
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Immunity for evidence

Mr Symonds still likes his job I presume?
Now it seems that he has!

So who are/is the 'big fish' they are trying to catch then?
Old 15 Sep 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2540971)   #325
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Which is why he got the sack from Renault, not the losing of the WDC to the cheating Piquet and his illagally BASF fueled Brabham. Prost didnt have the best of records here did he? Didnt he also bone his good friend Laffites wife, ruining their friendship and both their marriages? Hardly seems worth it in hindsight.
And doubtless Renault would have won the title regardless without M'sieu's nocturnal wanderings, there must have been some shutoff in development and spendings.