Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 May 2002, 10:59 (Ref:297334)   #1
dzn
Rookie

dzn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drag racing

Hello Everybody,

Does anyone know which campsite the drag racing takes place at on the friday or sunday and what time of day? I've been meaning to go and look for it the last couple of years but I guess I'm just too lazy!

Cheers
Dave
Old 27 May 2002, 16:19 (Ref:297667)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It normally is outside Maison Blanche on Friday afternoon, however as the Gerndarmes are not to keen on the idea it may or may not happen. There is no set time as it is not yet an official feature of Le Weekend.

There is often other races, outside Arnarge last year.

Also on the Sunday after the race there is quite often races on the campsites but this has been less and less in recent years as security are clamping down.

Simon
Old 28 May 2002, 11:45 (Ref:298379)   #3
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember last years 'Ferrari incident',? I expect to see a few more Gendarmes serving and protecting this year.
Maybe they'll join in...
Old 28 May 2002, 14:44 (Ref:298486)   #4
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Simon says, there used to be a lot of drag racing on the Houx Annexe site after the race on Sunday evening.

I haven't stayed on this site for some years now so don't know whether this activity still goes on.
I had to have the interior of my Range Rover fully valetted after one of the years there as the dust thrown up by the 'racers' was unbelievable, it got into absolutely everything. Don't leave doors or windows even slightly open wherever you are on the campsite !!

Rusty
Old 28 May 2002, 16:41 (Ref:298571)   #5
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The racing was in the original Houx camp before the annexe was opened about 5 or 6 years ago. Now that area has gone 'upmarket' it seems to have tailed off a lot.

Seen a Jag hit one of the lamp posts and a Rover a tree in years past. Bet that took some explaining to the insurance co Also someone in a Triumph Herald beat everyone.

Might be worth heading to Indy on Friday as I hear there might be a water pistol war......

Simon