Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Mar 2004, 19:48 (Ref:908520)   #1
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
graves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michelin Sandbagging

Who reckons that Michelin's apparent concerns over their teams potential pace in Malaysia is a bit of B*** S***?
I certainly hope it is!
Old 17 Mar 2004, 19:51 (Ref:908524)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not that word again!
Old 17 Mar 2004, 19:53 (Ref:908531)   #3
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Not that word again!
Which one, S***?
Old 17 Mar 2004, 19:56 (Ref:908537)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Not that word again!
Dullard?

We've all become sandbagging dullards!

I actually think Michelin have genuine fears. Maybe they are saying what they mean. Also they haven't really had chance to sandbag since Melbourne, they've done limited running.

Last edited by Adam43; 17 Mar 2004 at 19:57.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 20:08 (Ref:908556)   #5
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think a wet Malaysia is in Michelin's script...
Old 17 Mar 2004, 20:20 (Ref:908573)   #6
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Dullard?

I actually think Michelin have genuine fears. Maybe they are saying what they mean. Also they haven't really had chance to sandbag since Melbourne, they've done limited running.
As we all know, Michelin have always been strong in hot conditions. Can't see them taking backwards steps. I can only assume that they are worried that Bridgestone have made large steps forward.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 20:24 (Ref:908580)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Dullard?

The 2004 universal trend...
Old 17 Mar 2004, 20:46 (Ref:908602)   #8
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given the performance of last year there only problem would be if B/Stone have improved.Unlike B/Stone they work with teams individually and supply on the teams requirement.A point that has not been lost on most people.
B/Stone on the other hand make for Ferrari and the rest of there teams have to work with that.Hence the rather large gap in performance of their product on Sauber Jorden etc.

The Grumpy1
Old 17 Mar 2004, 20:48 (Ref:908605)   #9
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Sandbagging" they are not!
No races are won by sandbagging. No points are collected. "Sandbagging" in racing terms means not showing your full potential (unless you must do so to win). Allowing your opponents to win is "losing" not sandbagging.

Don Gartletts put it well when he said, "I never drive any harder than I have to to win."
Old 17 Mar 2004, 21:55 (Ref:908657)   #10
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay the suggestion that McLaren were sandbagging.... dumb!

The suggestion that Michelin were sandbagging..... RETARDED... Forget the pondering about why they would employ such a devious scheme... Michelin is a supplier.. therefore customers give them money to supply tyres... if they were suppling less than the best, those customers would walk...
Old 17 Mar 2004, 22:29 (Ref:908694)   #11
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Retarded Sandbagging,what a novel idea. Maybe that's what Sauber is doing... I should probably start a new thread on that! Sauber Sandbagging
Old 17 Mar 2004, 22:35 (Ref:908700)   #12
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think michelin have concerns about there performance because they where blown away and shocked by the ferrari/bridgestone tyres at the AGP at the same time i think that bridgestone where shocked at there own performance compared to michelin. One thing thats on my mind is what if tyres are only playing a very small part meaning that ferrari have a fantastic car even if michelin have made big steps forward
Old 17 Mar 2004, 22:45 (Ref:908708)   #13
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saftey Car Sandbagging!!!!!

I've heard reports that the Saftey Car may have been sandbagging... rumour has it that the driver actually left the following cars catch up to him....