Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2003, 18:41 (Ref:675589)   #1
jackyo123
Rookie

jackyo123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV;s salary at BAR next year

If (a BIG if) JV was offered a contract extension at BAR next year, how much should he get paid?

My gut would say 2 million pounds, plus bonuses of 100k per point.

Some people here have basically said 'JV is a RACER, and thus doesnt care about getting points or beating Button - he would rather dice it out with MS or Rubens and ruin his car than finish in the points."

Well, this sucks. He is, after all, in a TEAM. And that TEAM needs points for $$$, for pride, for lots of things. JV cannot afford to toss points away just so he can 'dice with the big boys.' Button was so much more mature than JV at Silverstone. JV was willing to take both cars out when he swerved into Button, and was also willing to werck his cars breaks overbraking trying to keep MS behind him (pointless, since MS was so much faster).
And thus JV threw away a points finish.

JV's current attitude is that of a spoiled ******. His own words were that if he cant beat Button 'who the girls like' then he shouldnt be in F1.

Well, JV? Whats it going to be? Be a man and live up to your words?

Will be interesting to see, either way
Old 30 Jul 2003, 18:44 (Ref:675595)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here we go again...
Old 30 Jul 2003, 18:49 (Ref:675606)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another JV Thread!!
Old 30 Jul 2003, 18:50 (Ref:675607)   #4
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At silverstone Jacques was fighting for position and he was not going to let Schummy through without a fight.
But then again he did throw the car of the track
Old 30 Jul 2003, 18:55 (Ref:675612)   #5
speedbump
Racer

Canada
Toronto
speedbump should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi jackyo123

Your salary is about right, 2 million pounds plus bonus.
No more 15 mill, way to much for a team that can maybe finish in the top 10 if everyone makes it to the end.

But your a little hard on him with the rest.
Ya he's arrogant most of the good drivers not all were and are arrogant.

Just an opinion
Old 30 Jul 2003, 20:08 (Ref:675671)   #6
peteconnors
Racer

United Kingdom
Shropshire
peteconnors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say he should earn nothing next year, with £250k per point. After all, he has been with BAR since the start, with the team effectively working around him to create a championship winning team. But that hasn't happened, so why the hell should he still be paid loads? He's already creamed BAR for literally millions, and what have they got to show for it? Better yet, he should quit F1 and let a younger, quicker driver get some results. We know he had what it took to be a champion, but I think he got lazy when he found himself in a dog of a car while being paid loads of money irrespective of his performance. If he was only on a points bonus scheme, maybe he would shut his gob and get on with the driving...
Old 30 Jul 2003, 20:40 (Ref:675702)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cripes, i need more options in the ignore list!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 30 Jul 2003 at 20:43.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 21:40 (Ref:675772)   #8
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uh, wasn't that brake problems? Well, it's not the point.

Still. If he does continue at BAR with a performance related contract, what happens when the car fails him even before the race?
Old 30 Jul 2003, 22:00 (Ref:675804)   #9
jb-ab
Rookie

jb-ab should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV is a no hoper he only got the title through help from his team mate and i bit of luck when he diced with him in the red car shu somthing
Old 30 Jul 2003, 22:04 (Ref:675809)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
Cripes, i need more options in the ignore list!
I bet a lot of people can't read that!
Old 30 Jul 2003, 22:18 (Ref:675823)   #11
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jb-ab
JV is a no hoper he only got the title through help from his team mate and i bit of luck when he diced with him in the red car shu somthing
What are you on, mate?

1. JV a no hoper? He has an Indy 500, a CART title and a F1 title. Are Mario Andretti and Emerson Fittipaldi no-hopers as well?

2. Help from Heinz-Harald in 1997? HHF let Jacques past in Jerez, but only because Jacques had let HHF thru in the first corner...
Count all of Michael's placings in races (not only wins) that he got through help..., and you'll see what driver has been more helped..
Old 30 Jul 2003, 22:25 (Ref:675830)   #12
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think JV has been a crasher since 1997. In 1996, he only had 2 crashes caused by driver error (Brazil in the wet, and France qualifying). The others were caused by other drivers (Imola, Monaco, Monza qualifying)

But in 1997 he was pretty much all over the place, much like Damon Hill in 1995, only with Jacques winning the title instead of Michael. He hasn't ironed out the errors even now.

BTW I'm not a TGF fan. I'm not really a fan of any particular driver, I just like racing in general.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 07:48 (Ref:676029)   #13
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leave Jacques alone!!!
How do you (anybody that is) think you'd feel if you were a champion of anything worth mentioning in motorsports, and you sign a contract with a team that looks promising, and after a while you're just fighting in midfield and/or backfield???

You think you'd be happy with scoring a point every now&then?
Old 31 Jul 2003, 09:14 (Ref:676090)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Piquet had that same $100,000 per point system in 1990. How many points did he score? 44 I think.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 09:27 (Ref:676096)   #15
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ljakse
Leave Jacques alone!!!
How do you (anybody that is) think you'd feel if you were a champion of anything worth mentioning in motorsports, and you sign a contract with a team that looks promising, and after a while you're just fighting in midfield and/or backfield???

You think you'd be happy with scoring a point every now&then?
When that contract is worth more than the GDP of all of Africa, it doesn't matter he is happy or not, he is signed the contract to get paid all that money to drive the damn car whether he likes it or not. You think the mechanics (who are paid nowhere near the same salary) are happy watching him throw away points and then go into the press to criticize them?
Old 31 Jul 2003, 19:38 (Ref:676593)   #16
peteconnors
Racer

United Kingdom
Shropshire
peteconnors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Still. If he does continue at BAR with a performance related contract, what happens when the car fails him even before the race?"
Karma dude, thats the only reason his car has been failing! They could have a compensation clause though; if he fails to finish a race due to mechanical failure then he gets £25k. But only if it's not his fault.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 19:59 (Ref:676614)   #17
high contrast
Retired
Racer

high contrast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hyperthetical! Sato's got the drive, Button's on 2.9 million
Old 31 Jul 2003, 20:23 (Ref:676631)   #18
JFAUSSAN
Rookie

JFAUSSAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHAT DOES TGF STAND FOR PLEASE
Old 31 Jul 2003, 20:23 (Ref:676632)   #19
JFAUSSAN
Rookie

sorry about the caps
Old 31 Jul 2003, 20:24 (Ref:676633)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to ten-tenths! That is the traditional new comer question. TGF stands for "That German Fellow" i.e. Michael Schumacher.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 20:30 (Ref:676640)   #21
JFAUSSAN
Rookie

thanks so much !!
Old 31 Jul 2003, 20:32 (Ref:676642)   #22
Hungary 89
Racer

England
Midlands (England)
Hungary 89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHungary 89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect certain members of this forum may not fully agree with that
Old 31 Jul 2003, 22:03 (Ref:676695)   #23
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by high contrast
Button's on 2.9 million
Only that much? How can any self-respecting driver be motivated to drive for such chump change?
Old 1 Aug 2003, 15:25 (Ref:677289)   #24
bradenc
Racer

United Kingdom
cambridgeshire
bradenc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd do it!
Old 1 Aug 2003, 16:41 (Ref:677330)   #25
Stampeder
Rookie

Stampeder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: JV;s salary at BAR next year

Quote:
Originally posted by jackyo123
If (a BIG if)

Some people here have basically said 'JV is a RACER, and thus doesnt care about getting points or beating Button - he would rather dice it out with MS or Rubens and ruin his car than finish in the points."

Well, this sucks. He is, after all, in a TEAM. And that TEAM needs points for $$$, for pride, for lots of things. JV cannot afford to toss points away just so he can 'dice with the big boys.' Button was so much more mature than JV at Silverstone. JV was willing to take both cars out when he swerved into Button, and was also willing to werck his cars breaks overbraking trying to keep MS behind him (pointless, since MS was so much faster).
And thus JV threw away a points finish.

JV's current attitude is that of a spoiled ******. His own words were that if he cant beat Button 'who the girls like' then he shouldnt be in F1.

Last I checked the sport was called "racing"

People seem to be fine with watching cars go round and round with the only movment on the grid being caused by driver error mech failure.

Well thats as fun as watching a merry go round.

I'll take JV and a season of DNF over Button and his willingness to park it for TGF to go by.

If JV does not get a ride I will be dissapointed as i think the sport is willing to keep guys who play it safe over those who are willing to stick it out there, and perhaps get it cut off.

My thougts anyway