Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 22 Dec 2009, 10:46 (Ref:2603607)   #126
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I maybe getting old but I kinda agree with what Mr Monk says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Is Andy Wileman Dave Wileman's son and did he race once with us in ModProds?
Don't know but what relevance has this to Top Gear?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2603640)   #127
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
Except all the female viewers. No Hamster would mean no cute ladies in the audience to ogle while Clarkson drivels on with an interview
Is it a deliberate ploy to always have hot chicks in the camera line directly in view when in the studio? It's the same every week - 'Jaysus, look at her, and her and...'

Have to say, this series is 'RUBBISH.'
Old 22 Dec 2009, 13:34 (Ref:2603656)   #128
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Don't know but what relevance has this to Top Gear?
Andy is the series producer
Old 22 Dec 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2603710)   #129
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Different Andy. That one is Andy Wilman... I wonder if he ever met Andy Wileman though?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2603722)   #130
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they might have been in the same class in school...or was it college?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 18:04 (Ref:2603787)   #131
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Maybe Al can enquire next time he speaks to his mate, Dave Wileman? More importantly, I wonder what the Wilemans think to daubing paint on a clapped out old Bimmer? I think we should be told.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 19:06 (Ref:2603818)   #132
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
FFS I was only asking, every time I saw his name in the titles I wondered if it was the same bloke as I think he was in the industry, hush my mouth.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2603821)   #133
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Producers name is Andy Wilman NOT Wileman
Old 22 Dec 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2603825)   #134
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I know that now!!!!
Old 22 Dec 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2603855)   #135
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was very disappointed with this week's TG - the Noble was great, JB was a good guest, but to take up the whole of the rest of the show with the art exhibition? The main failing of that being that it wasn't really about cars at all - they could have themed the exhibition round teapots and it wouldn't have been much different. Fingers crossed the Xmas special is as good as their previous road trips.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 20:53 (Ref:2603862)   #136
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adstubbs View Post
they could have themed the exhibition round teapots
I like that idea
Old 22 Dec 2009, 21:31 (Ref:2603875)   #137
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Do you think that the idea for the art exhibition was Wileman's idea or someone elses?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 22:16 (Ref:2603905)   #138
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Who's ever it was it was bloody stupid.
Old 23 Dec 2009, 07:05 (Ref:2604026)   #139
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree. Haven't seen the last part of the episode yet but the bit where they pushed over JM's 'sculpture' when the art critic was there - gee, who would have thought that would happen. Mental age of 5 yo & a pretty poor standard of 'entertainment' in my book. As mentioned before, its getting stale, its not as if there was going to be any more than the obligatory reaction from May is it happens every time.

Re Wilman's article, maybe the electric car was a good idea but boy was the execution poor! If that was the best they could do, they ought to give up. Compare with the Australian Top Gear electric cars, with a fraction of the production budget. Am I just being cynical or does anyone else think they set out to build a (ahem) poor car? Even things like driving around with headlights on, just setting out to fail.

/rant over
Old 23 Dec 2009, 08:06 (Ref:2604043)   #140
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Do you think that the idea for the art exhibition was Wileman's idea or someone elses?
I think it might have been that Wilman bloke. Maybe Al could ask him next time he sees him in Tesco?
Old 23 Dec 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2604171)   #141
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In a vain attempt to get this back on topic, without mentioning any Wilmans (e or no e), it would appear that all you moaning ninnies who want a channge to Top Gear might have got what you want/deserve - season 15 looks set to be truly different.

Yes, apparently Messrs Porter and Wilman (bugger) have been spending (possibly too much) time in the BBC Labs...

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/a...-200912232333/

(Disclaimer: I think that link's ok, but some of the other articles (and adverts ) on the Daily Mash site are a bit, er, sweary.)
Old 23 Dec 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2604175)   #142
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Personally I think the program started going downhill once they ditched The Allman Brothers song Jessica for the theme tune...
Old 23 Dec 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2604183)   #143
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was it still shot in 8mm in those days?
Old 23 Dec 2009, 13:25 (Ref:2604184)   #144
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Was it still shot in 8mm in those days?
Yep, and black & white.
Old 23 Dec 2009, 15:04 (Ref:2604229)   #145
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I guess it could be worse... has anyone seen just how crap Top Gear Australia is?
Old 23 Dec 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2604296)   #146
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I guess it could be worse... has anyone seen just how crap Top Gear Australia is?
Actually the second season I thought was decent enough. Didn't really have a problem with it.

I think people seem to look for extremes, either it's too funny or not funny enough. Not every episode is going to be perfect.
Old 23 Dec 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2604365)   #147
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
So they got away from remaking the original TG right down to the facial expressions?
Old 24 Dec 2009, 00:44 (Ref:2604485)   #148
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my brother does not underdstand the scripting of it etc, but he still finds it really funny, i do too and it doesnt stop my pleasure of watching it. yes, some of the jokes are worth strangaling but its still one of the few programmes i look forward to seeing every week. although even i found the airport btcc race a bit boring so i can agree on that
Old 24 Dec 2009, 04:36 (Ref:2604544)   #149
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So I just watched episode 5 which from everything I had read here and other places was made out to be the worst episode ever. I ended up LMAO! So much for that.
Old 25 Dec 2009, 00:30 (Ref:2604876)   #150
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually, watching it back again, I'm enjoying it more second time around. Maybe because I'm concentrating on it more and picking up some of the gags I hadn't noticed first time around