Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:34 (Ref:896496)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Michael wins!

1 Michael Schumacher Ferrari Ferrari V10 1h24m15.757s 58
2 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari Ferrari V10 - 58
3 Fernando Alonso Renault Renault V10 - 58
4 Ralf Schumacher Williams BMW V10 - 58
5 Juan Pablo Montoya Williams BMW V10 - 58
6 Jenson Button BAR Honda V10 - 57
7 Jarno Trulli Renault Renault V10 - 57
8 David Coulthard McLaren Mercedes V10 - 57
9 Takuma Sato BAR Honda V10 - 57
10 Giancarlo Fisichella Sauber Petronas V10 - 57
11 Christian Klien Jaguar Jaguar Cosworth V10 - 56
12 Cristiano da Matta Toyota Toyota V10 - 56
13 Olivier Panis Toyota Toyota V10 - 56
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:36 (Ref:896497)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very dominant, a great Ferrari victory.
Very good drive from Alonso.
Montoya had a rubbish start, but at least gave us a couple of moves and some poor pit stops.
Everyone else? Well mearly adequate really.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:40 (Ref:896504)   #3
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic start for Alonso and at least the Fernando´s Renault is fast.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:42 (Ref:896506)   #4
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was right about Mac but damn Ferrari is sick. There goes the season...

Also, I am happy that Buttons pace was on par with the Williams and better than the Macs. Maybe he had some bad tires before his last stint. Its a shame because on his last stint his lap times were as good as RS and JPM.

If I have to pick a favorite driver... Alonso. He may be good looking but he is a bad man!! (Quote from Ali)

Mac is in trouble!!
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:44 (Ref:896507)   #5
yobro
Racer

United Kingdom
Cowbog, Scotland
yobro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very dominant, is a true description. Was mostly watching Monty and Button, really looking forward to see what Button can do this year
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:44 (Ref:896508)   #6
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well as has been said, it was all a bit processional. Ferari could have started 10 minutes after everyone else and still won.
McLaren should be worrying, Williams looked OK - they did this last year, remember.
BAR finally found some form - let's hope it continues
Renault looking to be the nearest challengers.
The rest were just also-rans really, and whoever said Massa has calmed down after a year off was clearly wrong...
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:47 (Ref:896510)   #7
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya - d'oh!

Was exciting to see him overtake though.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:47 (Ref:896511)   #8
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh yeah... Sato's race was ruined by the start. He was lapping faster than Button at times. Again my props go to Alonso and Renault. Trulli better get it together his teammate is making him look bad.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:48 (Ref:896512)   #9
Blue
Racer

Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari is dominant again. That stupid alliance beteen them and bridgestone should be banned. That's only way to stop them. I have a mixed felling for BAR. They showed some speed in qualify, but did not match the speed of williams and renault in the race, but then both finished the race. I worried about their realiability most, so overall, it was good start for them. Mac has serious problem. What kimi predicted came true..
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:48 (Ref:896513)   #10
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I bet Montoya will be reading the fine print in his McLaren contract for next year to see if theres an "out" clause..

Ferrari just way too good,may as well put MS on the WDC trophy for this year already.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:49 (Ref:896517)   #11
yobro
Racer

United Kingdom
Cowbog, Scotland
yobro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren are worrying... the interview before the race with Ron to me showd fear and uncomfort. Also his statement about the "getting the points" and not consistant wins and also his B-Plan..is a sign of lacking in confidence.

Last edited by yobro; 7 Mar 2004 at 04:51.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:50 (Ref:896518)   #12
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn that jag gearbox.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:56 (Ref:896522)   #13
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Armco Bender
I bet Montoya will be reading the fine print in his McLaren contract for next year to see if theres an "out" clause..

Watch that step Montoya, it's a DOOZY!

I am shocked how awful McLaren were. Awful. Slow AND unreliable.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:56 (Ref:896523)   #14
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Webber was holding on to Trulli in the Jag before a gearbox lunched itself, so kudos to him. Button I think did really well, Alonso was class, Ferrari have a damn quick car. However, Malaysia will be a bit differant. Track temperature was fairly cool, which seemed to make Mr Bridgestone very happy, and wasn't pleasing Mark (and I guess he may not have been the only one on that compound) in pre race talks.

So I think Ferrari are going to be hard to beat, but Malaysia might be a bit of a better battle.

Michael = Machine
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:57 (Ref:896524)   #15
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much did Mclaren spend developing their new brick?
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:00 (Ref:896527)   #16
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Not enough, it still looks like an F1 car. Someone email them a photo of what a brick looks like!
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:04 (Ref:896531)   #17
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not 2002 all over again please!!!!!?????
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:11 (Ref:896538)   #18
Blue
Racer

Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was watching live timing only. TV did not show it live here for some reason. Judging from the time sheet, I noticed Button seemed to push hard only when someone behind was closing the gap with him. only toward the end of the race, he tried to close the gap with JPM. He can put really fast lap time, but in long distance I doubt. He might be trying to preserve the engine, but wonder how JPM would do if he was in the same car.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:11 (Ref:896540)   #19
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by ljakse

Yawn...

Please don't let this be the season forecast.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:17 (Ref:896545)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue
Judging from the time sheet, I noticed Button seemed to push hard only when someone behind was closing the gap with him. only toward the end of the race, he tried to close the gap with JPM.
Dave Richards was wondering about the inconsitancy too, however in an ITV interview he put it down to a balance problem.

He and Button (also on ITV) mentioned that they didn't fully understand the tyres - Button saying they'd not done a race distance on the tyres( ).
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:21 (Ref:896551)   #21
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue
That stupid alliance beteen them and bridgestone should be banned.
Alliance?

Anyways... Great drives from the top three. Button also looked good out there. Too bad about Massa and his problems...

Forza Ferrari!
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:26 (Ref:896556)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Alliance? You mean being a team? Ban teams! Its the only way.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:27 (Ref:896558)   #23
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ljakse
It very well could be! This Ferrari is every bit as dominant as the F2002 was.

Could we be seeing a change in the top 4 though? Alonso looked very good, his start was fantastic, but what happened to Trulli? Button looks like he can bring BAR in the top 4, and maybe oust McLaren, who looked terrible! What was Montoya thinking? The fool!

Biggest loser had to be Toyota! Wow, they were awful! Sauber also were a big disappointment. I saw no improvement there at all. Fisi will never get a Ferrari ride this way!

Did Jordan and Minardi race? I didn't notice...

None of the rookies made a ripple. They all showed they are strictly there for the money they brought. What a shame! Guys like Pizzonia, Wilson, Jos, and Firman, can't get a ride, while a new set of stiffs take their cars for a Sunday drive...

Schummy retire? Why, who can beat him!
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:27 (Ref:896559)   #24
wblh
Rookie

wblh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty worrying really. Ferrari were just cruising. I dont think Michael even got a sweat up. Did you notice how relaxed he looked straight after the race. Also that was the hard compound and I`m pretty sure they could`ve run with the softs a pcked up another 1.5 secs a lap. I had a few dollars on Alonso at 16 to 1 so I would love to have seen those red things blow up. Never mind kudos where kudos is due
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:30 (Ref:896561)   #25
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Get your knickers out of a twist, ladies! This is the first race. Just because Ferrari has an auspicious start to the season doesn't mean that they are going to dominate. As the season develops, I think that Williams and Renault can both catch up to those red cars, and I wouldn't count McLaren out, either...Man, people don't take too long to jump to conclusions these days.