Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 12 Oct 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2560080)   #1
LIGAL
Rookie

LIGAL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chassis Number Resources

Hi All, I'm new to the forum and hope I am asking my question in the right place. My apologies in advance if I am in the wrong spot. I am an educator on Long Island, as part of a trails project with a school group this weekend we recovered the remains of a vehicle door that was nothing more than the crank, some glass and a pre-VIN plate reading "VEHICLE NO. 37178697."

I have been all over the internet today trying to find resources the kids and I can use to solve the mystery of what we have discovered. I know this is outside your usual forum threads and I don't want to divert you or take up your time. My hope is that someone may be able to help us locate some resources that would help us as part of our classroom mapping project for our trails system. The kids are making maps that show when different areas of the woods in Greenport Long Island were used for different things such as farming, industrial production, open fields, that kind of thing. It would be a huge help if we could find some resources for tracking this older, 8-digit code.

Again, my apologies for barging in with a new thread but after some scouring the web, you folks guys seemed like my best hope. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 14:43 (Ref:2560603)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome, Ligal. We have to assume that this is a road vehicle so probably not quite the right place to post this, but I'll leave it here for a while, and then move it to our road car forum.

A bit of a tricky one, I guess. Can anyone help?
Old 13 Oct 2009, 15:35 (Ref:2560633)   #3
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can you post a picture of the door as a clue to start with ? then maybe we can figure out which manufacture and model then year and so on ..