Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Sep 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1419294)   #1
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kimi + Ferrari

Well, if Kimi goes to Ferrari as roumered in 2007, will he be the number 1 driver ahead of Massa (if he is still there) and more importantly, who will replace Kimi at McLaren?
Old 28 Sep 2005, 20:24 (Ref:1419315)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would be a tragedy if Wurz didn't get the drive.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1419346)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I guess we'll have to wait and see if (a) Michael retires (b) Kimi goes to Ferrari to replace him, (c) Massa is still at Ferrari, and (d) how Massa and Kimi perform next year.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1419377)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi would be #1 driver ahead of Massa, barring some sort of miracle performance from Felipe next year. I'm sure 99% of tenthers would agree that Kimi is the greater talent. As for McLaren, the biggest deciding factor may be JPM's performance next year - if he's stunning they may choose to bring a young driver (one of the Mercedes-backed guys like Premat, Hamilton or Green) in to learn from him. Otherwise they might bring in a big name.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1419381)   #5
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I still have doubts as to whether Micheal will hang it up at the end of 06.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 21:16 (Ref:1419385)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I think he should whatever happens.

If it is a further decline in Ferrari fortunes, get out.

If he wins the title, quit on a high!
Old 28 Sep 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1419392)   #7
Russ-Turner
Racer

England
Motorsport Valley.
Russ-Turner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why if he still loves racing?!
Old 28 Sep 2005, 21:22 (Ref:1419395)   #8
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Kimi would be #1 driver ahead of Massa, barring some sort of miracle performance from Felipe next year.
...in which case Kimi would definitely not go to Ferrari.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 21:22 (Ref:1419396)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If he ends up tooling around in midfield it will be a sad indictment of a stunning career.

So he would either have to move teams or move to another discipline. DTM would be nice.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 00:53 (Ref:1419528)   #10
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
If he ends up tooling around in midfield it will be a sad indictment of a stunning career.
No it wouldn't be.

It would take absolutely nothing away from a stunning career.

In fact I am enjoying Michael's season this year as much as any. Watching him throwing the car around on a Friday looking for any extra hundredths - and sometimes making a mistake is fantastic.

Daring moves such as the one we saw on Fisichella last week - it's great to see him dicing with others as opposed to speeding off into the distance. He's brought out the racer this season, and he's still been highly impressive.

It is clear that he is racing purely because he enjoys it. And for a guy that a lot of people dismiss as unemotive and robotic - I find it refreshing.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 05:54 (Ref:1419597)   #11
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mac, I sorta agree with you. Watching him doing everything humanly possible (and sometimes impossible) to drag that dog of a car around the track is great.

Also great to see that he still wants it (not that there was a shadow of a doubt in my mind). I think he is even more motivated now than he was last year.

But I am not enjoying this year as much as 2004 (probably just because I am a sore loser). Al my hopes for next year!

And Knowlesy - Michael won't go to DTM of whatever after he quits F1, he won't go to a lesser formula either. He will either stop completely or help some other drivers enter the F1 world (think WW said as much a year or 3 back).
Old 29 Sep 2005, 07:31 (Ref:1419629)   #12
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kimi will become no. 1 at Ferrari with Michael Schumacher playing second fiddle.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 08:15 (Ref:1419668)   #13
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think MS is holding out for another WDC, then he will go. IMO, he's still got at least 3-4 years in him before he needs to think about retiring.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 08:49 (Ref:1419703)   #14
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it all depends on next year...if the car is crap again he will go at the end of the season. If they have a rebirth of competitiveness he may well stay around longer
Old 29 Sep 2005, 10:15 (Ref:1419762)   #15
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would actually like the MS-KR pairing at Ferrari. Should be interresting and will most certainly push Ferrari back where they belong.

Both of them have a cool head (most of the time), both are at the top of their game (and others) and both like a challenge.

Kimi could learn a lot from Michael and get even better, and then we all know MS just gets better with age!

Here's hoping then that Kimi does change and Michael races for another 2-3 years.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 10:26 (Ref:1419771)   #16
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I likewise don't think we'll see the back of Schuey for a few years. He loves racing, and his driving is as good as ever. If Bridgestone up their game next year (and they'll have Williams and Toyota to help them), then Ferrari will bounce back strongly. Remember how dominant they were last year; that kind of quality hasn't vanished.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1419773)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well mac, I agree with you.....it is great to watch him fighting for every tenth this season.

But I still believe you can stay around too long and it has been done before.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 11:06 (Ref:1419817)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Autosport are saying the deal between Kimi and Ferrari is already done......

The rumour won't go away will it, which suggests it has some credence. Personally, i feel Kimi will leave but I think he'd be a little crazy if he has already decided!

Jean Todt: "I'm not going to comment on speculation. Next year we will have Michael with Felipe Massa and then we will see what is happening in 2007, but nobody will push us to say something before we want to say something".
Old 29 Sep 2005, 12:36 (Ref:1419920)   #19
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think it would be a mistake, I feel that McLaren will have the upper hand for a couple of years over Ferrari.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1419961)   #20
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well it will be kimi and rossi....

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=34187
Old 29 Sep 2005, 15:41 (Ref:1420113)   #21
EHS
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, Westchester, NY
EHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raikonnen going to Ferrari will be like Button going to Williams. Silly if it happens and not going to happen.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 15:45 (Ref:1420119)   #22
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't agree - I think this second season of McLaren failing to give him what he needed is another nail in the coffin - if McLaren/Mercedes have a difficult first season with the V8 (let's face it, quite likely) he'll be gone.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 16:02 (Ref:1420134)   #23
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If MS ever finds himself "tooling around in mid-field" it will be a direct result of the car he is in. I am certain that he will retire the moment that he feels his skills have diminished ... but I too, would like to see him stick around. I also doubt very much that we will see him do any serious racing after his F1 career.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1420138)   #24
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
I don't agree - I think this second season of McLaren failing to give him what he needed is another nail in the coffin - if McLaren/Mercedes have a difficult first season with the V8 (let's face it, quite likely) he'll be gone.
Agreed. Kimi must be a tad jealous and upset that Alonso got there (WDC) before he did. He has shown restraint when it comes to the unreliability at McLaren and if it returns with the V8, he will be at his ropes end.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1420286)   #25
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would not right off MS and Ferarri for the 2006 Championship just yet. They are both quite capable of dominating again.