Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Sep 2005, 17:02 (Ref:1420183)   #26
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
I would be curious to know the average price of tickets in Europe for a race week end. I tend to forget how much I paid last time but I think it was CAN $325 (i.e. approx. 140 sterling) for a good ticket for the whole weekend in the Senna Ss after the starting line (i.e just in front the pit exit).
In Montmeló the pit straight is 350 € while first turn is about 220 € or so for the weekend. I believe most Euro GPs are something like that, add 25 or 50 € depending
Old 29 Sep 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1420187)   #27
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi
In Montmeló the pit straight is 350 € while first turn is about 220 € or so for the weekend. I believe most Euro GPs are something like that, add 25 or 50 € depending
Humm! so Canada is not so much cheaper...

P.S. BTW, I am now a "Veteran" You may nevertheless still call me "Louis", "Louis B.", "the bloody French Canadian JV fan", etc.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1420195)   #28
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I may call you "Fellow JV fan"... we know how hard it is to be sometimes!

The Canada price you paid, CA$325, is 230 €, so yeah, it's slightly cheaper. But of course Indy is about the cheapest...
Old 30 Sep 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1421099)   #29
EHS
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, Westchester, NY
EHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just checked the Indy website -- they'll resume sales October 21st.

But I have been a number of times, and yes, you can always get in and out quickly. I park on North Polco Street between West 14th and West 16th right behind the infamous "motel," in a factory parking lot/grass area. The walk is 600 feet to the gate at the Speedway.

Get a parking pass for the whole weekend, and you hang the tag onto your rearview mirror -- the cops spot you miles away and give you "priority handling." I think the entire weekend parking costs $20-30.

The best seats in the house can be had for between $80 and $120, less than half of even the cheaper seats at the other GPs.

And remember -- you're not stuck at something like the Senna esses all weekend. You can sit and watch from literally a different grandstand at every session, then go to your "real seats" for the race only.

Doesn't get any better than that, except if, of course, they would actaully have a race there.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 19:24 (Ref:1421177)   #30
QuickSilver
Racer

QuickSilver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
Like many of the others, I only know my "home" GP. It might change though as I anticipate that either Joe Rossi, Glen or Quicksilver will invite me next year at their local GP
It may surprise you to find out that the Montreal GP is also my home Grand Prix ... yes Louis, I'm a very proud Canadian too.

While we may not share the same opinions, we are both rabid F1 fans and that's good enough for me. Who knows, maybe we can meet up over a cocktail in Montreal 2006.

The only other Grand Prix I have attended was quite by accident. In 2001, my wife and I planned a 2 week trip to Italy and we found out later the middle weekend was the Monza GP. (sadly, the same week the WTC was destoyed which tempered our vacation somewhat). We were staying in Rome and our hotel managed to arrange tickets for us, so on the Friday night we hit the Autostrada in our little rented Peugot and we were treated to one of the most special weekends of my life. Ferrari red everywhere, screaming, passionate fans and for those interested, it was JPM's maiden win with Rubens second and I don't remember who was 3rd (but it wasn't MS). When Rubens hit the podium, the applause and cheers were deafening. Great stuff.

Some day I'd like to attend Silverstone and Suzuka. In fact I always thought a fabulous "radical sabbatical" would be to follow the GP circus around the world and attend every race. I'm still working on how to afford that one.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 20:19 (Ref:1421225)   #31
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver
It may surprise you to find out that the Montreal GP is also my home Grand Prix ... yes Louis, I'm a very proud Canadian too.

While we may not share the same opinions, we are both rabid F1 fans and that's good enough for me. Who knows, maybe we can meet up over a cocktail in Montreal 2006.
I am indeed surprised...

Interesting post about your Monza experience. Is it where you got bitten by a Schumi/Ferrari fan making you develop an allergy toward JV?

I like your idea of a few drinks at the occasion of the Montreal GP festivities. Other members of 10/10th attending the race including a mod (Adam, for instance) should also join us just to make sure that we don't get invovled into a "saloon" fight arguing about JV.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1421240)   #32
QuickSilver
Racer

QuickSilver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(other members ... pls feel free to ignore this ... and my apologies ahead of time because i am not trying to hijack the thread)

Louis,

You may even be more surprised to know that I actually appreciate JV - shock, horror, disbelief. I'd like nothing better than to see him really pull something special out of his hat ... something really special.

As far as being "bitten by a Schumi/Ferrari" thing ... ummm ... errr ... not quite sure where you got that because I have no special affinity to red - in fact I have no special affinity to any team or driver in particular, I just like good racing. I watch it all: Moto GP, F1, Sprint Cars, Champ Cars, yes even the dreaded IRL. Years back, I attended John Powell's Racing School at Mosport (little known fact: F1 races used to be held at Mosport in the 60's).

I love it all.

Louis, I have no desire to "saloon fight" with you or any other F1 fan. We all share a common bond. Yes, I'm passionate (and sometimes even a loud-mouthed SOB) about the sport and pastime that I love ... and for that I do not apologize. It's my passion.

Hope that clears the air a little and as for drinks in Montreal, I prefer a nice chilled vodka martini.

(and now back to our regularly scheduled programming)
Old 30 Sep 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1421308)   #33
EHS
Racer

United States
Festival du Homard!
Old 30 Sep 2005, 23:07 (Ref:1421321)   #34
Captain Chaos
Rookie

Canada
Captain Chaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in english please ???
Old 1 Oct 2005, 08:46 (Ref:1421477)   #35
muzza4ever
Racer

England
Grim up North, UK
muzza4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Homard - if my french serves me correctly is lobster. So festival of the lobster - not sure it makes any more sense in English

Last edited by muzza4ever; 1 Oct 2005 at 08:46. Reason: typos
Old 1 Oct 2005, 12:28 (Ref:1421557)   #36
Captain Chaos
Rookie

Canada
Captain Chaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS
Festival du Homard!
So that would be a Lobster Festival? Sorry, but I'm still struggling with the relevence to F1 and the best I can come up with is both lobsters and Ferraris are red.

Could anyone enlighten us.
Old 1 Oct 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1421690)   #37
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it a festival of British holiday makers who have stayed out too long in the sun?
Old 3 Oct 2005, 14:18 (Ref:1422865)   #38
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
We have now heard about Silverstone, Indy, Montreal, lobsters and a bit about Spain. What about the other venues worth spending what I would otherwise spend in clothes, school books, etc. for the kids?

P.S. I know, I am awful...
Old 3 Oct 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1422944)   #39
EHS
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos
So that would be a Lobster Festival? Sorry, but I'm still struggling with the relevence to F1 and the best I can come up with is both lobsters and Ferraris are red.

Could anyone enlighten us.
As a Canadian, I'm sure you know that the "Festival du Homard" is an annual event in Montreal (and Quebec), which just happened to coincide with the F1 Grand Prix every June.

Restaurants (even McDonald's) feature lobster as specials on their menu, and a number of places have etertainment along with the "French Canadian clam bake."

Just another reason that made the Canadian GP in Montreal worth a visit (if you like lobster).

http://www.montrealmirror.com/ARCHIV...1100/bom4.html

Old 3 Oct 2005, 15:40 (Ref:1422946)   #40
EHS
Racer

United States
Bon Appetit

http://www.vancouverorpheus.org/AtlT.../McLobster.jpg
Old 6 Oct 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1425621)   #41
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline
with a baby joining our family

I'd love to go to [....] Silverstone
Same situation your in, baby coming, only been to Silverstone but would love to go to Melbourne, maybe we could do a swap
Old 7 Oct 2005, 12:20 (Ref:1426338)   #42
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I went to Monaco in 03 with my Dad and some of his mates. It really is a carnival atmosphere. We arived in Monaco on thursday evening and we started to walk the circuit, when we arrived at Le Rasscass we saw a jordan and round the corner there was a que of f1 cars being pushed to scrutineering. I was a phenominal sight and one i'll never forget. We watched at Antony Nodes and it was great. Well worth it. Best G.P i went to including Silverstone and Spa! In the words of MW: FANTASTIC!