Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Feb 2005, 17:08 (Ref:1229513)   #376
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblincoe
intersport will be a suprise for other non-courage reasons

This off season has had more twists and turns, and still continues to gyrate. What is fact one second, disappears, factories having no idea what their customers are doing...... The head continues to spin. I'm looking forward to Sebring.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1229564)   #377
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems to me that there will be a lot of unproven teams at Sebring.

Pacific Coast is a new team, and the Korn sponsored team. Intersport is coming with a new car, well seemingly anyways. Has it been tested? The two Maserati teams have not had much testing, or it would seem that way. Rollcentre brings a new engine.

We will see a lot play out I suppose.

Last edited by jhansen; 18 Feb 2005 at 18:09.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 18:18 (Ref:1229573)   #378
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I think the surprise entry for intersport is a Courage C65 Judd ? Are they also running the B2K-40 Judd or are they planning to run an LMP-1 car too ?

Keke Rosberg became the champion and he didnt even win a race that year . 1:

I thought he Monaco only - Scalextrix fans please correct me if needed...
Old 18 Feb 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1229585)   #379
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
It seems to me that there will be a lot of unproven teams at Sebring.

Pacific Coast is a new team, and the Korn sponsored team. Intersport is coming with a new car, well seemingly anyways. Has it been tested? The two Maserati teams have not had much testing, or it would seem that way. Rollcentre brings a new engine.

We will see a lot play out I suppose.

Intersport had the Lola B160 that ran LMP1 last season and the Riley at Winter testing...

Some fans who were there were saying that Intersport had not received the B05/40 yet, and they might not get it until later this month...just a couple of weeks before Sebring

But that bit of news is probably about as reliable as many of the rumors that have been flying around in this off-season.

Thus they were preparing for "Plan B" for Sebring in case that chassis did not arrive in time....

But that was 3 weeks ago...

Maybe they have received the new Lola by now....

Guess we'll find out when IMSA releases the Sebring entry list

Concerning Maserati:

The way I have understood it, they have been testing that car a lot...but I've gotten that mostly from chattter on forums

Last edited by Tim Northcutt; 18 Feb 2005 at 18:41.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 18 Feb 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1229623)   #380
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there also will not be a wayne taylor team and risi team for the maserati
Old 18 Feb 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1229624)   #381
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Where did you read that???

Just curious....

Old 18 Feb 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1229629)   #382
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So no MC12s then? I'm confused.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1229635)   #383
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
jhansen:

I haven't seen or read anything about Maserati or Wayne Taylor or Risi in any forums today...

Until the post above....

I'm just wondereing where it was stated or published....

Othrwise, I'll wait for whatever "official" announcement to come about...

Old 18 Feb 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1229639)   #384
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I hardly saw so confusing/contradictory news for the start of a season last years...

The feeling that anything could happen...
Old 18 Feb 2005, 20:32 (Ref:1229676)   #385
almzkid
Rookie

almzkid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tblincoe seems to ebb and flow with the wind, first they are in for sure and now no. The whole Maserati situation is ridiculous. The ALMS needs these cars, the GT1 division comprising a whole 4 cars for the season is terrible, in combination with a very weak P1 field, the situation seems perfect for the ALMS to allow them in. Yes they may not follow the rules exactly, but this series needs help.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1229689)   #386
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Ummm this post is not factual.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 20:54 (Ref:1229693)   #387
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by almzkid
the GT1 division comprising a whole 4 cars for the season is terrible,
Make that Four cars, at least Seven, maybe eight at some point.

SpeedQuest will release their car information next week at some point.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 03:02 (Ref:1229891)   #388
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by almzkid
tblincoe seems to ebb and flow with the wind, first they are in for sure and now no. The whole Maserati situation is ridiculous. The ALMS needs these cars, the GT1 division comprising a whole 4 cars for the season is terrible, in combination with a very weak P1 field, the situation seems perfect for the ALMS to allow them in. Yes they may not follow the rules exactly, but this series needs help.
ummm i never said maserati wouldn't be in, and i also never said that wayne taylor and risi were in for sure... no ebb and flow there buddy. maserati will definitely be racing in the ALMS in 2005, make no mistake about that. i said that both of those teams are not likely. from what i understand there is no information out there on the wayne taylor connection and it is not known where this rumor came from. thats all that post meant... maserati will be in the ALMS for 05, its just what teams will be running the cars that is under question. i don't think anyone knows for sure the form in which Maserati will race in 2005 in the ALMS, but its pretty well known that Maserati will indeed be allowed in the series.

Last edited by tblincoe; 19 Feb 2005 at 03:10.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 22:46 (Ref:1232897)   #389
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I see from lmsr that Carsport America and Racing Box are teaming up to run the Viper - again! - for Weickhardt and Michele Rugolo.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 22:48 (Ref:1232900)   #390
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see the old girl.