Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Apr 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3229879)   #126
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi,

I´m having problems to get my card accepted (is a UK bank debit card) at the Silverstone webpage. I never had issues with my card when paying online.
I´ve tried to call several times but the agents are always busy, even if I wait 20 minutes at the phone.

Am I the only one with that problem?

Thanks in advance
Old 6 Apr 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3229914)   #127
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Hi,

I´m having problems to get my card accepted (is a UK bank debit card) at the Silverstone webpage. I never had issues with my card when paying online.
I´ve tried to call several times but the agents are always busy, even if I wait 20 minutes at the phone.

Am I the only one with that problem?

Thanks in advance

Just bought my tickets on the website - no problems using a UK credit card......
Old 6 Apr 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3229938)   #128
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Really? I specifically asked if I could drive in and around to shelter from the cold and I was told that 'car parking' was included in my weekend ticket.
It is.

Outside the main entrance (in the main).
Old 6 Apr 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3229940)   #129
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
!!!You dont get the weekend ticket on the day on Saturday!!!

Weekend ticket you get online and maybe on Friday, I had the same issue last year
That was clear last year once some people got to the circuit. They didn't sell weekend tickets at the gate. Get one now online while you have the chance. If you're in the UK you'll still get them before Friday.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 14:13 (Ref:3229941)   #130
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It is.

Outside the main entrance (in the main).
I'm confused now, I made it clear to the lady on the phone that I didn't mean normal parking outside the circuit, I meant driving into the circuit proper and she said yes. Maybe I wasn't clear enough or I misunderstood her.

Anyway, is anyone planning on going on Saturday or Sunday or on both days from the Bedfordshire or Cambridgeshire area who wouldn't mind sharing a car to save some money on fuel. I was planning on going on both days and sharing a car with a friend but he cannot make it now due to illness.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3229959)   #131
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There is parking inside, but as far as I'm aware, you don't get that on a normal ticket. If you're lucky, you can get to park reasonably close, but unless you have center parking, e.g. with hospitality, you won't be sitting in the car watching......
Old 6 Apr 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3229991)   #132
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there even scope to do that at Silverstone? It's not like Oulton or maybe Brands where you can park right on the edge of the circuit.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3229994)   #133
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You used to be able to go pretty well anywhere around the perimeter road - but I assume those days are long gone.....
Old 6 Apr 2013, 18:25 (Ref:3230000)   #134
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You used to be able to go pretty well anywhere around the perimeter road - but I assume those days are long gone.....
Thanks for the info, I guess with the weather improving somewhat, there is a good chance, I may not need to shelter from cold temps in my car anyway. Fingers crossed.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3230010)   #135
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes indeed. Although I'm no longer perceived by some here as the weather 'guru' (mainly by those resplendent in the moniker department drawer marked 'Simon' ), I'm quietly confident it's going to be a little warmer. Trouble is, any kind of wind across Silverstone's flat open spaces is felt very keenly....
Old 6 Apr 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3230014)   #136
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All being well I'll be there for the main event on Sunday. Full arctic gear at the ready.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3230028)   #137
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Just bought my tickets on the website - no problems using a UK credit card......
Thanks, maybe is because mine is debit.

I live close to MK rail station, I can pick anybody to the circuit if needed.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3230038)   #138
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I used a debit card OK.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 19:47 (Ref:3230039)   #139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
All being well I'll be there for the main event on Sunday. Full arctic gear at the ready.

We could all end up looking like Michelin Men..........
Old 6 Apr 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3230044)   #140
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Trouble is if it ends up like this weekend then we'll melt in our Arctic gear, so will need to have full Bergens to carry round all the weather contingency garb.

Complications complications...
Old 7 Apr 2013, 08:54 (Ref:3230250)   #141
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Will be there on Sunday, early start- flights from Dublin at 6.25....
Old 7 Apr 2013, 09:45 (Ref:3230280)   #142
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone on here know anything about Whittlebury Park camp site? Namely how long is the walk to the track? Official camping has been moved to there.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 09:58 (Ref:3230287)   #143
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Doesn't take a great deal of winter gear for me to manage that...
Old 7 Apr 2013, 10:10 (Ref:3230296)   #144
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Does anyone on here know anything about Whittlebury Park camp site? Namely how long is the walk to the track? Official camping has been moved to there.
It's a 5 minute walk to the entrance gate at Copse.

Their site http://whittlebury.com/index.php?pag...p=camping.html
Old 7 Apr 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3230556)   #145
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post

Thanks brands. Was trying to work out whether it was better than Woodlands or not.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 21:37 (Ref:3230602)   #146
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last time I went to Silverstone was 2010 for this event, it was a nice Sunny day...with a Sonny result!

I'm looking forward to seeing the Toyota in action for the first time.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3230612)   #147
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post

Which AFAIK remained resolutely shut through the WEC meeting last year......
Old 8 Apr 2013, 07:44 (Ref:3230741)   #148
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But then the camping hadn't been transferred to Whittlebury last year.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3230760)   #149
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
But then the camping hadn't been transferred to Whittlebury last year.
Yeah I think it's going to require a phonecall as I'm not rocking up at the campsite only to be stranded at the far side of the circuit. Especially when it's free to park at the track.

There's apparently also access to the Becketts gate from Whittlebury but again, will it be open?
Old 8 Apr 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3230920)   #150
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone here know if I can watch the FIA's WEC live stream with a US IP address? If not, can you recommend any sites?

Thanks in advance. I can't wait!