Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Apr 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3230936)   #151
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
But then the camping hadn't been transferred to Whittlebury last year.
Sorry, having camped there in the recent past for this meeting I just assumed it was open for business as usual last year....
Old 8 Apr 2013, 14:49 (Ref:3230957)   #152
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just booked my ticket for Sunday, going with friends and am very excited! Let's hope it is a great turnout and good weather!
Old 8 Apr 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3231036)   #153
Blue Rondeau
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent, UK
Blue Rondeau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will certainly be there Sunday but as we are traveling up on Friday evening I have a full spa day at Whittlebury Hall on Saturday – please no derision this is a manageable compromise for my husband who will spend all day Saturday at the track and mean I am still excited to be watching cars come race day.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3231119)   #154
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi folks, thinking of popping my sportscar cherry this weekend and after a bit of advice...

Obviously I've left it late for advance booking, if I was to book a weekend ticket tomorrow with a view to collecting it Sat am, does anyone know if that's a possibility? I can always give the circuit a call tomorrow of course but just wondered if anyone might know.

Also, how busy does this meeting usually get? I'm a BTCC regular to give you an idea of what I'm used to, just wondering if I need to get there early on the Sunday.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 20:32 (Ref:3231124)   #155
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Hi folks, thinking of popping my sportscar cherry this weekend and after a bit of advice...

Obviously I've left it late for advance booking, if I was to book a weekend ticket tomorrow with a view to collecting it Sat am, does anyone know if that's a possibility? I can always give the circuit a call tomorrow of course but just wondered if anyone might know.

Also, how busy does this meeting usually get? I'm a BTCC regular to give you an idea of what I'm used to, just wondering if I need to get there early on the Sunday.

Thanks in advance for any input.
I cannot comment for the Saturday tickets, but I ordered mine at about 3pm today and was told that they'll be sent to my door rather than picking them up. From past experience of picking up tickets, it is not too much fuss, just make sure you bring your booking reference and it takes about 2 minutes to redeem them.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3231149)   #156
tonypowe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
tonypowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there Saturday and Sunday, woolly hat, gloves, extra jumper, etc, etc.

Looking forward to an excellent start to the season, come on Toyota!!
Old 9 Apr 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3231394)   #157
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For those interested I found a list of the grandstands that will be open via Silverstone's Facebook page:

Friday
-International Pits Straight
-Woodcote A

Saturday
-Woodcote A
-National Pits Straight
-Stowe Lakeside

Sunday
-Woodcote A
-Stowe Lakeside
-Section of Club
-Section of Becketts
-Section of Village B
Old 9 Apr 2013, 09:45 (Ref:3231396)   #158
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
For those interested I found a list of the grandstands that will be open via Silverstone's Facebook page:

Friday
-Woodcote A

Saturday
-Woodcote A
-National Pits Straight
-Stowe Lakeside

Sunday
-Woodcote A
-Stowe Lakeside
-Section of Club
-Section of Becketts
-Section of Village B
Be interested to see how this tallies with reality on the day.

Silverstone's approach to which grandstands are and are not open always leaves me slightly perplexed.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 09:50 (Ref:3231399)   #159
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Be interested to see how this tallies with reality on the day.

Silverstone's approach to which grandstands are and are not open always leaves me slightly perplexed.
I should say there was the caveat, *Please note that the grandstands are subject to change*. Or more accurately - whichever we can find the keys for that morning.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3231475)   #160
ap04
Rookie

ap04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone who visited last year give some info regarding the best way to access the Wing & int'l paddock? (for Saturday from the main parking / int'l straight areas). Is it advisable to walk there (looks like half an hour each way so hardly any time left between sessions), or is there a shuttle, where does it start from / how frequently does it run etc? Thanks.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3231502)   #161
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap04 View Post
Can anyone who visited last year give some info regarding the best way to access the Wing & int'l paddock? (for Saturday from the main parking / int'l straight areas). Is it advisable to walk there (looks like half an hour each way so hardly any time left between sessions), or is there a shuttle, where does it start from / how frequently does it run etc? Thanks.
I haven't been in a few years so not sure how frequently they run but for the bus route and info it seems to all be in here.

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/Global/.../WEC%20map.pdf

I think this also answers my question in terms of which gates are open.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3231547)   #162
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The buses were frequent last year, really nice service
You can also try to stop them between the stops, worked most of the time
Old 9 Apr 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3231726)   #163
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'd take these predictions right now if I could:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/sil...weather/330028
Old 10 Apr 2013, 05:59 (Ref:3231831)   #164
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
The buses were frequent last year, really nice service
You can also try to stop them between the stops, worked most of the time
We walked - several times over the three days. Does you good.......
Old 10 Apr 2013, 07:02 (Ref:3231838)   #165
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
We walked - several times over the three days. Does you good.......

Does you good????

Everyone knows that feet are for pushing the pedals in your car, not for walking. This is the same confused thinking that says that drinking water is good for you - once you've seen what water does to steel you'd never drink it again.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3231851)   #166
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's one take on it, I guess......
Old 10 Apr 2013, 08:07 (Ref:3231859)   #167
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!

Nismo WEC and ELMS Spotter Guides now available http://www.spotterguides.com/2013-wec/

Thanks all, have a good time at Silverstone.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 08:22 (Ref:3231864)   #168
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Aye, i shall pop along. Should have time to watch the flag fall in Shanghai and get to Silverstone to catch the start.

Bring suncream!
Old 10 Apr 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3231976)   #169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Andy.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3231978)   #170
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
The Silverstone website says I must collect my tickets from Car Park 49. Can anyone tell me where that is?
Old 10 Apr 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3232007)   #171
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been given the same information, from what I've been able to find out it's one of the two tarmac car parks near the main entrance. I'd hazard a guess it'll be the visitor centre.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 15:08 (Ref:3232035)   #172
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ticket collection is usually from a building in the car park on your left as you approach the main gate after you turn off the Dadford Road. It's in the corner by the roundabout.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3232431)   #173
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know the opening times of the ticket collection office? I'm planning on arriving just in time on Saturday for the ELMS race i.e. around 3pm.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3232434)   #174
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
From the website:

Quote:
Ticket Collection Opening Times
Thursday: 14:00 - 18:00
Friday: 08:30 - 18:00
Saturday: 08:00 - 18:00
Sunday: 08:00 - 15:00
Old 11 Apr 2013, 11:04 (Ref:3232436)   #175
Flem
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Flem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ticket office should be quiet then, the only queues I've seen for these type of events are first thing in the morning