Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Jun 2020, 19:01 (Ref:3981030)   #6226
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tja View Post
Not quite nothing, but also nothing to worry about:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SanGcqek6gA

Interview with Dave Bartrum, he says they still have to finish the third car, but nearly there. They would've started the season with one old Focus without the delay. Also some more shots of the cars and the Racing Red stickers are indeed gone.

Dave did have Covid 19 himself, but now seems eager to go racing.

Definitely worth a watch.
Neate's car should be ready for testing at Donington next week.
Old 9 Jun 2020, 19:06 (Ref:3981031)   #6227
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Neate's car should be ready for testing at Donington next week.
Make that this week on Thursday.
Old 9 Jun 2020, 19:24 (Ref:3981034)   #6228
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mr Bartrum stating circuits will have no spectators. Not sure whether that’s official or just his thoughts.
Old 9 Jun 2020, 21:03 (Ref:3981044)   #6229
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s been talked about for the first few meetings. I haven’t heard anything else about it
Old 9 Jun 2020, 21:07 (Ref:3981047)   #6230
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Judging by the current situation I suspect we may not see attendance until the end of the season...
Old 9 Jun 2020, 22:37 (Ref:3981052)   #6231
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
...meanwhile in the States, NASCAR has plans for some fans to attend races.

Maybe, just maybe, normality may be a thing quicker than many of us have been thinking. Fingers crossed.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 06:55 (Ref:3981076)   #6232
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Mr Bartrum stating circuits will have no spectators. Not sure whether that’s official or just his thoughts.
I'd say that is simply common sense, there will be enough 'people' there with the teams (including support races) marshals, medical staff & officials etc. to be got into & out of the place without adding the complications of spectators too. Let them see how they deal with that to start with then, when they've had the practice and got the systems fine-tuned, maybe (only maybe) limited numbers of spectators can be let in. For now let's just all be happy that the racing is starting and if we want to, we can watch the action on the telly.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 07:16 (Ref:3981080)   #6233
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Agreed that it’s common sense however TOCA haven’t came out and stated no spectators yet. Things could change rapidly as Alfisti says though. The country seems to be making good progress now on infection rates.

The MINI supports have announced This morning a 5 date calendar citing increased financial and logistical challenges on competitors. They say they will try to get as many races as possible. Could be a theme that other supports do alternate weekends so as to reduce timetable pressures, especially in November.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 07:45 (Ref:3981081)   #6234
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Agreed that it’s common sense however TOCA haven’t came out and stated no spectators yet. Things could change rapidly as Alfisti says though. The country seems to be making good progress now on infection rates.
TOCA may not have said it but Motorsports UK have. MSUK have said that motorsport can restart in July subject to a number of conditions, one of those conditions being that the events will be behind closed doors. TOCA are subject to those conditions just like everyone else, so if MSUK say no spectators then it doesn't matter what TOCA want to do.

MSUK haven't given any indication when, or even if, those conditions will be lifted. That might happen later in the year but at this point I don't think anyone can predict that with any certainty.

Without wishing to sound too negative, it's worth pointing out that MSUK have only said that British/National championship events can not happen in July. Although it may be the intention, they haven't yet said that British/National event _can_ run from August.

I suspect what will happen is that MSUK will treat the first few club events in July as a test and then do a review afterwards to see how their new procedures worked and what, if any, needs tweaking. At that point they will make a decision as to what can happen from August onwards.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 11:50 (Ref:3981120)   #6235
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see that the BSB has put there calendar out for this year and it is only 6 rounds.

There is a long video on there Facebook page where they go through the reason for dropping Knockhill, Thruxton, Assen and Cadwell. All of which very valid reasons in my view

Can we see TOCA dropping some rounds for simaller reasons?
Old 10 Jun 2020, 13:20 (Ref:3981138)   #6236
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad to see the BSB has got the calendar out, 6 rounds should be enough. Really they don’t need to travel overseas to Assen. Not sure about the other rounds, but I understand why they dropped those too

The only round I can see TOCA dropping is Croft, that’s a bit out of the way, but I could be wrong. They probably will make Knockhill, it’s one that makes it more than an English championship. We have of course lost the other Silverstone meeting, but that’s not too big a deal. So we could maybe lose another meeting, but I expect no less than 8 rounds go ahead
Old 10 Jun 2020, 13:32 (Ref:3981140)   #6237
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
BSB usually run 2 races per weekend, but are running several triples in the revised calendar. I guess 3 BTCC races per w/end is already enough, but could they squeeze a 4th one in on the Saturday after qualy? I don't suppose that would be essential... just thinking aloud.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3981142)   #6238
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
There is a long video on there Facebook page where they go through the reason for dropping Knockhill, Thruxton, Assen and Cadwell. All of which very valid reasons in my view

Can we see TOCA dropping some rounds for simaller reasons?
Assen was due to it being overseas, Cadwell was due to the lack of pit/paddock facilities, Thruxton was due to the need to bring in extra safety from other locations, none of which are relevant to BTCC. Knockhill was the only one that might be relevant - it was dropped due to the extra travel day and general logistics of getting everyone to the circuit.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 14:33 (Ref:3981156)   #6239
S griffin
Veteran

I think BSB have taken a sensible decision, I am sure the 6 meetings will be enough, we'll see if we miss races at Cadwell, Thruxton and Knockhill. Hopefully the racing will be good enough to make us not notice.

As you say the BTCC should not be affected by these changes. I do hope they can make it to Knockhill. It's always worth it for people to make the trip up there and I expect more great racing there if they do
Old 10 Jun 2020, 16:52 (Ref:3981176)   #6240
redshoes
Veteran

Sorry to continue the BSB discussion on a BTCC thread but latest from Silverstone is the their BSB round (6th Sep) will be run with no spectators.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 18:02 (Ref:3981188)   #6241
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Glad to see the BSB has got the calendar out, 6 rounds should be enough. Really they don’t need to travel overseas to Assen. Not sure about the other rounds, but I understand why they dropped those too

The only round I can see TOCA dropping is Croft, that’s a bit out of the way, but I could be wrong. They probably will make Knockhill, it’s one that makes it more than an English championship. We have of course lost the other Silverstone meeting, but that’s not too big a deal. So we could maybe lose another meeting, but I expect no less than 8 rounds go ahead
As the BARC is heavily involved with Croft and BTCC I think that Croft would be unlikely to be dropped.

Knockhill state they are still hopeful of a crowd for the BTCC meeting. Can’t see it being a large crowd if any.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 21:17 (Ref:3981219)   #6242
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
Did notice that racing red seems to have disappeared from the side though
The sellotape must have been the cheap stuff and the branding fallen off. Bartie will be round WH Smith for some Scotch tape when they reopen next week
Old 11 Jun 2020, 05:30 (Ref:3981242)   #6243
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As the BARC is heavily involved with Croft and BTCC I think that Croft would be unlikely to be dropped.

Knockhill state they are still hopeful of a crowd for the BTCC meeting. Can’t see it being a large crowd if any.
As in all things Football will be the guiding light. they cannot get crowds back until the 2m rule is gone . Even at 1m it’s difficult to police
Old 11 Jun 2020, 06:26 (Ref:3981245)   #6244
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
As in all things Football will be the guiding light. they cannot get crowds back until the 2m rule is gone . Even at 1m it’s difficult to police
It has to be remembered that Knockhill is subject to different social distancing rules to every other circuit on the calendar.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 06:39 (Ref:3981249)   #6245
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Wouldn’t it be strange if the Scottish Govt relaxed distancing and Knockhill ended up the only round with a crowd.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 08:16 (Ref:3981265)   #6246
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw this yesterday - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53001506 - there is no mention of Motor Sport but surely its falls into the same area as horse racing as it another sport with "open-air environment".
Old 11 Jun 2020, 08:48 (Ref:3981271)   #6247
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It has to be remembered that Knockhill is subject to different social distancing rules to every other circuit on the calendar.
Fair point! Ms Sturgeon seems to have a better grip on reality than the shaggy blonde one....
Old 11 Jun 2020, 08:59 (Ref:3981284)   #6248
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would argue about Sturgeon having grip on reality, nevertheless I hope Knockhill is not under threat and who knows, maybe there will be crowd there. Although I still think it's a bit too early to predict these things. For me it's enough of a blessing that BTCC is returning to action as well as other championships.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 12:49 (Ref:3981339)   #6249
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Has anyone heard any news from Donington? I'd heard that some BTCC teams were supposed to be testing there today.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 12:52 (Ref:3981341)   #6250
S griffin
Veteran

I’m not sure when they are back testing. Some circuits have cars testing on them, maybe the BTCC is due sometime this week/month?