Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jun 2000, 07:14 (Ref:19759)   #1
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We saw this with Eddie Irvine. Now Ferrari and Micheal is doing the same thing To Rubens Barrichello. Rubens has been in F1 along time for a man of his comparingly young age. But he is still yet to score an F1 win.

Many belive that now that Rubens is with Ferrari that he will get a win. Soon.

I doubt this. Think about Irvine again.

How long was Irvine driving with Ferrari Before he scored his first win. It was more than 3 years wasn't it?

Well Rubens with Inferior Equipment and a team-mate that he has to let win may take the same path as Eddie.

He will be getting 2nds and 3rds and good places in the chamionship.

But he won't win till much longer , proberbly he will score his first win with Ferrari thought because as Micheal told the world he will pay Rubens Back.

Will Rubens have to either move to a lesser team and again make his way tothe top as a number one, get lucky break or Wait till Schumacher retires (is that the plan?).

I am sure that he will be in championship contention one day.

If you rate his performance this year against Eddies first year at Ferrari He is going much Better right? But he had more expericance before hand.

I know that Rubens will be great but I don't think he will win a race at Ferrari with Schumacher as a teamate.

Old 27 Jun 2000, 08:51 (Ref:19771)   #2
Devlin
Racer

Devlin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the man himself summed it up after the Canadian GP, when he commented the team orders, which required him to ease off and let MS win. I believe he said something like him being the future of Ferrari, while MS is the present. So, yes, I believe the plan is to wait for MS to retire.
Old 27 Jun 2000, 16:43 (Ref:19847)   #3
Rated R
Rookie

Rated R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The future of Ferrari? Hmm, let's see-he's three years younger than Michael and entered F1 two years after him-they seem very much like contemporaries, wouldn't you say? So what future is he talking about? Or is it just his delusional attitude-"I'm so freaking good, just give me a competitive car and you'll see-I'll become a WDC!"
Well you have the car now Rubens, do it! He's performed up to his expectations only once this season-Silverstone. Sure the car broke but then again the same happened to Michael in Monaco. So you are asking about the future? With RB it will certainly not be the best future Ferrari hopes for, considering the two younger and very talented Italian pilots. Fischi and/or Trulli can easily blow him away...
Old 27 Jun 2000, 22:38 (Ref:19887)   #4
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah but as a general rule, Ferrari don't employ Italian drivers. thats why Salo got the drive over Badoer last year.

Enzo discovered that the Italian press and the Tifosi put such a pressure on Italian drivers that it is unfair to expect them to handle it.
Old 27 Jun 2000, 23:50 (Ref:19897)   #5
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's right RIKB. Italian drivers don't race with Ferrari. But (from what I've heard) it's not so much because of the tifosi but because of the press. It seems that the italian sports press is something quite "particular" when they comment on drivers. Much more if they're racing for Ferrari and you can imagine how it would be with an italian driver on board....and the nightmare for that driver if he failed.

As for Rubens. As I said in a previous post. I'm sure he'll get his win....that is when Schu has his championship secured.
Old 28 Jun 2000, 23:29 (Ref:20080)   #6
bondibill
Rookie

bondibill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with you Sharky, if MS has his way Rubens will have his first win before the end of this year. He's playing the game as it should be, MS could have his championship in another 4 races, and Rubens will get his win soon after that for sure.

As for Italian drivers at Ferrari, wouldn't Alboreto turn them off ever having another - his career seemed to self destruct from the time he donned the red overalls, the tifosi expect more from an Italian driver than any other...
Old 29 Jun 2000, 00:00 (Ref:20094)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to mention the lovely and talented Jean Alesi.

But I still bet on Trulli in a Red Car and sooner rather than later. And I think Rubens will have his first win before the end of this year.
Old 29 Jun 2000, 06:01 (Ref:20170)   #8
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After Schumacher has rapped up the championship he will be going for points still. He will want to be settiing new records highest point scorer and so on. HE won't just let Rubens win he will want more points. Who knows I guess we will have to wait and see.
Old 1 Jul 2000, 09:39 (Ref:20712)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hey..if he really wants to set records....then he wouldnt think of passing up and letting irvine win in Sepang last year (well..he dictates the team afterall )...if he goes on the win that race, he would have equalled Senna's most race wins record two weeks ago...and hard chasing the final one...
But really, rubens hafta buck up, or be forced to mop the floor in the Ferrari pits....he knows and we know he can do it...if he tries!