Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 May 2023, 00:31 (Ref:4156874)   #4376
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That doesn't surprise me, Matt tended to struggle with higher performance car. So no wonder he was dropped, couldn't afford any more damage and no one else wanted to pick him up. But at least he gave it a go, but it seemed he had found his limits the hard way! Those cars were really hard to get a handle on, even the best of them had trouble with them from time to time

Of course Morris was one of the best of that era and did a lot with the cars he had.
I don’t recall Morris being dropped. He withdrew from the drive post 9/11 as he had an ETCC round a week after (or before) the V8Supercar 1000 so didn’t want to risk it.

Remember the 2001 V8Supercar 1000 happened less than a month after 9/11
Old 20 May 2023, 07:12 (Ref:4156894)   #4377
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

Indeed. I've got the Autosport report. It was only a week after F1 went to the US despite the disaster
Old 24 May 2023, 04:12 (Ref:4157669)   #4378
High_OCTANE_HSV
Rookie

Australia
High_OCTANE_HSV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Updating my own information on these cars:

Daisy - I have just found that Daisy was last used by Ben McCashney in the 2010 Development Series run by his own team. Ad on My105 has since expired, car wherabouts known.
Attached Thumbnails
Daisy 2010.JPG  
Old 31 May 2023, 12:20 (Ref:4158955)   #4379
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why Dumbrell ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_OCTANE_HSV View Post
Yeah I have to commend those super touring drivers who came over to give it a go, it's such a different car compared to what they were used to. Something else to keep in mind was the rise of the Konica series so a lot of drivers started to pick up development series drivers as their enduro co-driver. Guys like Youlden, Luff, A. Jones, Gurr, Porter, Macrow, Holdsworth, Wakefield all came through in and around that time and would be more familiar with those cars.

I peronsally feel like sometimes Morris gets thrown under the bus a bit. Yeah he had a year in V8s in 94 but we was mostly a super touring guy getting to grips with the cars, and some of the incidents he was involved in were just bad like (like the Gran Prix in 2003), but yeah a lot of the time he certainly didn't help himself (thinking Willowbank 2005). I think guys like Dumbrell should have known a lot better and with the amount of crashes that guy was involved in at that time, I don't think it's entirely fair to always point the finger at Morris.
Dont understand the reference to Dumbrell.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 09:36 (Ref:4159972)   #4380
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wanna Buy A DeTomaso?
Old 6 Jun 2023, 01:16 (Ref:4160144)   #4381
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes please!

Oh, wait ... I have to pay the gas bill this week, so maybe next pension day.

I remember this car, but I don't think I knew about the reasons it was retired. Not surprising it worked so well when you see the names behind it.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 02:12 (Ref:4160149)   #4382
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Helluva thing that car, no doubt about it. Yikes 250 Euro sounds like a lot for it though (but I have no expertise on the value of old race cars these days).
Old 19 Jul 2023, 10:00 (Ref:4169021)   #4383
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wanna Buy A Bathurst Winner?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 Nov 2023, 04:12 (Ref:4184675)   #4384
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From V8 Sleuth https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/allan-mo...2-RO1YHYBo-iNI
Old 5 Mar 2024, 06:30 (Ref:4200029)   #4385
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
JB’s TCM Torana at Auction
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Mar 2024, 23:09 (Ref:4200759)   #4386
darren2012
Rookie

darren2012 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I don’t recall Neal being dropped. He withdrew from the drive post 9/11 as he had an ETCC round a week after (or before) the V8Supercar 1000 so didn’t want to risk it.

Matt Neal drove with Morris in the Queensland 500 held on August 26 but 9/11 occurred 2 weeks after the Queensland 500 race and Matt Neal pulled out as Bathurst was 3 weeks after 9/11