Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 2 Jun 2019, 22:08 (Ref:3907623)   #76
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I didn't say 'no yellow', I said 'local yellow'. For a single car that has not been crashed that should just do.
Or something like code 60

A crashed car (like Rosenqvist) or multiple cars blocking the track that's something else....

Good thing, so we can get even more ads
Here's a clue for you, THAT'S NEVER HAPPENING WITH US REQUIREMENTS. Get over it but it's never going to happen. Multiple marshals have died the last couple years at events across the country, local yellows aren't happening if any one has to get on the track.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 22:12 (Ref:3907624)   #77
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Here's a clue for you, THAT'S NEVER HAPPENING WITH US REQUIREMENTS. Get over it but it's never going to happen. Multiple marshals have died the last couple years at events across the country, local yellows aren't happening if any one has to get on the track.
There is no need to SHOUT AT ME, just because I say that in my opinion the FCY rules are outdated and somewhat stupid.

It's not just Indycar only though, the Blancpain GT use of yellows followed by a safety car is equally stupid. Just the reasoning behind it is different.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 23:42 (Ref:3907635)   #78
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Result:
Race 1.

The start of the race was delayed by an hour, after thunderstorms swept through the Detroit area, with the race distance reduced from 75 laps to 75 minutes.

1 Josef Newgarden, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 43. 1h15m30.5932s
2 Alexander Rossi, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 43. 0.8237s
3 Takuma Sato, Rahal Letterman Lanigan. Dallara/Honda. 43. 11.4760s
4 Felix Rosenqvist, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Honda. 43. 11.8833s
5 Ryan Hunter-Reay, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 43. 12.2263s
6 Simon Pagenaud, Team Penske Dallara/Chevrolet. 43. 12.5127s
7 Graham Rahal, Rahal Letterman Lanigan. Dallara/Honda. 43. 13.1515s
8 Zach Veach, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda 43. 14.0022s
9 James Hinchcliffe, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Dallara/Honda. 43/ 15.2409s
10 Spencer Pigot, Ed Carpenter Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 43. 16.1462s
11 Sebastien Bourdais, Dale Coyne Racing. Dallara/Honda. 43. 16.9309s
12 Colton Herta, Harding Racing. Dallara/Honda. 43. 17.2807s
13 Marcus Ericsson, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Dallara/Honda. 43. 17.9085s
14 Patricio O'Ward, Carlin. Dallara/Chevrolet. 43. 24.0822s
15 Tony Kanaan, AJ Foyt Enterprises. Dallara/Chevrolet. 43. 25.6122s
16 Marco Andretti, Andretti Herta. Dallara/Honda. 43. 26.0652s
17 Max Chilton, Carlin. Dallara/Chevrolet. 43. 26.4759s
18 Will Power, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 43. 33.0561s
19 Santino Ferrucci, Dale Coyne Racing. Dallara/Honda. 43. 43.1639s
20 Ed Jones, Ed Carpenter Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 42. 1 Lap
21 Matheus Leist, AJ Foyt Enterprises. Dallara/Chevrolet. 30. Contact
22 Scott Dixon, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Honda. 23. Contact
Old 2 Jun 2019, 23:43 (Ref:3907636)   #79
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Result:
Race 2.

1 Scott Dixon, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Honda. 70. 1h52m18.9365s
2 Marcus Ericsson, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Dallara/Honda. 70. 1.9419s
3 Will Power, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 70. 3.6570s
4 Ryan Hunter-Reay, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 70. 4.5238s
5 Alexander Rossi, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 70. 5.1877s
6 Marco Andretti, Andretti Herta. Dallara/Honda. 70. 6.6330s
7 Graham Rahal, Rahal Letterman Lanigan. Dallara/Honda. 70. 7.1404s
8 Zach Veach, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda 70. 8.0411s
9 Sebastien Bourdais, Dale Coyne Racing. Dallara/Honda. 70. 8.7886s
10 Santino Ferrucci, Dale Coyne Racing. Dallara/Honda. 70. 9.4809s
11 Patricio O'Ward, Carlin. Dallara/Chevrolet. 70. 9.8997s
12 Colton Herta, Harding Racing. Dallara/Honda. 70. 11.8528s
13 Takuma Sato, Rahal Letterman Lanigan. Dallara/Honda. 70. 13.5500s
14 Ed Jones, Ed Carpenter Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 70. 14.6489s
15 Max Chilton, Carlin. Dallara/Chevrolet. 70. 14.7810s
16 Felix Rosenqvist, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Honda. 64. Contact
17 Simon Pagenaud, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 58. 12 Laps
18 James Hinchcliffe, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Dallara/Honda. 52. Spun off
19 Josef Newgarden, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 49. 21 Laps
20 Matheus Leist, AJ Foyt Enterprises. Dallara/Chevrolet. 23. Mechanical
21 Spencer Pigot, Ed Carpenter Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 13. Contact
22 Tony Kanaan, AJ Foyt Enterprises. Dallara/Chevrolet. 0. Contact
Old 3 Jun 2019, 00:11 (Ref:3907640)   #80
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Amazed Bourdais could get a 9th in that race after drilling another car up the back.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 00:45 (Ref:3907643)   #81
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
That was the funniest race I've seen in a long time. Power sitting in the middle of the track looking like a fool and then coming home 3rd whilst Bourdais beating his toonmate home after performing some impromptu race acrobatics and then Rossi surviving whilst Newgarden gets squashed. Entertaining race. I had a funny feeling Dixon was going to pull something off. I had never seen a guy commit an unforced error yesterday and still look so confident...
Old 3 Jun 2019, 05:17 (Ref:3907651)   #82
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I like Newgarden, just by the interview he gave after his accident.

He is unhappy with Hinchcliffe, but says ultimately it's his fault by making a bad decision.

I can't imagine that Newgarden wouldn't have done the same as Hinch in the same situation. Track position is so important - you can't give any ground. Just look at what Power did today. Despite on track and mechanical problems early he fought back hard and got a great finish.

Newgarden demonstrated a lot of class by claiming responsibility for the incident.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 05:38 (Ref:3907652)   #83
mstets
Racer

Did anyone see the Sato/Rosenqvist incident? I think it happened during the period when the NBC feed shut down and they went to commercial. I had Indycar radio on and they were talking about it but I didn't catch the details. Felix was upset with Taku over the pass in yesterday's race, and they made it sound like a payback deal. I watched a replay of the race 1 pass and it looked clean to me. Perhaps there was something questionable leading up to the pass.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 11:16 (Ref:3907678)   #84
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
There is no need to SHOUT AT ME, just because I say that in my opinion the FCY rules are outdated and somewhat stupid.

It's not just Indycar only though, the Blancpain GT use of yellows followed by a safety car is equally stupid. Just the reasoning behind it is different.
What? If anything the current FCY is an updated policy from the old CART and Holmatro safety crew days of them working under local yellows. Current safety rules just aren't going to allow the old ways of having unprotected safety workers on track if any part of the track is green. And given the near constant need for repairs on any trackside walls/barriers they will throw the yellows. That's never going to change because of modern outlook on safety and what they, as race control, have to do to provide for safe work areas. And Code 60 is BS, looks ridiculous and EVERY team cheats that system. It saves nothing for gaps as drivers on different sections of track are at a much greater penalty, the guy on the straights is screwed when it goes green so don't try to pretend it's fair, it isn't and it's club racing bull.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3907679)   #85
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
Did anyone see the Sato/Rosenqvist incident? I think it happened during the period when the NBC feed shut down and they went to commercial. I had Indycar radio on and they were talking about it but I didn't catch the details. Felix was upset with Taku over the pass in yesterday's race, and they made it sound like a payback deal. I watched a replay of the race 1 pass and it looked clean to me. Perhaps there was something questionable leading up to the pass.
It seems like Sage took the attempt in Race 1 personally, it was brave and bold but something he should have expected. If he wants to take revenge on every move like that there will be lots of spares needed in the Ganassi garage.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3907694)   #86
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
another disappointing weekend for Kanaan. I think it will be his last season in IndyCar.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3907696)   #87
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
another disappointing weekend for Kanaan. I think it will be his last season in IndyCar.
His last podium finish was 3rd, at Texas in 2016, for Ganassi. Since then, his two best results have been 6th at Toronto last year and 9th at this year's Indy 500.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 13:53 (Ref:3907710)   #88
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It also looked clean to me.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 22:40 (Ref:3907800)   #89
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Current safety rules just aren't going to allow the old ways of having unprotected safety workers on track if any part of the track is green.
That's why I think it is outdated. There is no safety issue for people in corner 11 if cars are racing at the other side of the track.

Quote:
And Code 60 is BS, looks ridiculous and EVERY team cheats that system.
And if they do, they get punished.

Quote:
It saves nothing for gaps as drivers on different sections of track are at a much greater penalty, the guy on the straights is screwed when it goes green so don't try to pretend it's fair, it isn't and it's club racing bull.
I said nothing about fair or unfair, but now that you started that: I think it is fairer than a FCY that disavantage a car that has not yet pitted.

Neither system is perfect, but I think a FCY for a single stopped car does a far worse job at keeping the gaps intact than any other system.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 00:17 (Ref:3907806)   #90
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That's why I think it is outdated. There is no safety issue for people in corner 11 if cars are racing at the other side of the track.

And if they do, they get punished.

I said nothing about fair or unfair, but now that you started that: I think it is fairer than a FCY that disavantage a car that has not yet pitted.

Neither system is perfect, but I think a FCY for a single stopped car does a far worse job at keeping the gaps intact than any other system.
No workers on a hot track is driven by safety and, more importantly, insurance so I really don't think you will see an American series be able to try alternatives. Maybe code 60, but I think that would be a stretch. Having grown up with it, I guess I like it or am at least used to it.

That being said, when I watch F1 and Le Mans I really cringe when I see marshals on track during a local yellow. It was a contributing factor in the last death in F1. It's just a completely different culture that I'm not used to.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 04:54 (Ref:3907813)   #91
mstets
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Amazed Bourdais could get a 9th in that race after drilling another car up the back.

Pretty amazing that he could continue at any speed but the accident didn't seem to affect his pace at all.

I have F1 biased friends who denigrate Indycar because of the Dallara chassis. Seems to me that Dallara have done a great job delivering a consistent and safe product.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 05:01 (Ref:3907814)   #92
mstets
Racer

Quote:
It seems like Sage took the attempt in Race 1 personally, it was brave and bold but something he should have expected. If he wants to take revenge on every move like that there will be lots of spares needed in the Ganassi garage.

I'm not sure who you are referring to. Perhaps you meant to say Felix instead of Sage.

Otherwise I'm in agreement. I really don't think Indycar is a NASCAR style payback situation though.

Last edited by mstets; 4 Jun 2019 at 05:06.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3907944)   #93
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The DW12 is a tank, F1 cars are papier-mâché.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 01:12 (Ref:3907978)   #94
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I'm not sure who you are referring to. Perhaps you meant to say Felix instead of Sage.

Otherwise I'm in agreement. I really don't think Indycar is a NASCAR style payback situation though.
Yup, that's exactly who. Not sure what I was thinking, busy morning but still shouldn't have made that dumb mistake