Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 13 Oct 2019, 18:53 (Ref:3934146)   #1
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Colin White - Ginetta GT4 race at Brands

Did anyone see the Ginetta GT4 Supercup race on ITV4 this afternoon? Wtf was Colin White doing getting out of the car on the grid with the 30 sec board showing?? V dangerous.

I have regularly been on grids where the 30 sec board is never an indication of 30 secs to go!!! The red lights could have come on almost instantly after the 30 sec board has been withdrawn. It happens. And then there could have been mayhem if the race had started with him still out of the car, trying to get in the car, door open etc.

I find it virtually impossible to do my own belts up without help. Can anyone be sure White was properly strapped in; how does anyone know the belts were properly over the HANS device?

The start should have been abandoned imho and he should have been removed from the grid for being a pillock!

Any clerks care to comment?
Old 13 Oct 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3934151)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The answer to the last question is almost certainly "no", on an internet forum.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3934184)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct answer
Old 13 Oct 2019, 21:49 (Ref:3934194)   #4
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Out of topic, are these Ginetta GT4 supercup proper SRO GT4 cars?
Old 14 Oct 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3934380)   #5
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can probably top that for, well, eyebrow raising behaviour on the grid....

We had a grid of BMW's that had just formed. One of the front row drivers suddenly hops out of his car, just before countdown, and despite the protestations of Chief Startline, goes to the back of his car.

At this point the car starts to gently roll forward, with Chief Startline telling the driver to get back in, and trying to stop the car.

The driver does not say a single word to C-S/L, but undoes the bootlid, takes out a large cool-box, deposits it directly behind the car, and gets back in. He left the cool-box on the middle of the grid behind his car.

C-S/L then removes the box from the grid, glances to check the driver is suitably strapped in (he now is) and the countdown proceeds as normal.

Needless to say, Driver has to make a visit for tea and Oroes with the CoC after the race, but better still, has to retrieve his cool-box in person from C-S/L. Did he get a roasting...

For us, the downside was that the cool box only contained some manky sausage rolls, and a sandwich. No beer, crisps or chocolate, which, for sure, would have been seen as a suitable donation.....

Old 14 Oct 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3934398)   #6
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like they say, they're all out there.

Had a chap in a GT3 Bentley @ Mallory yesterday thinking that he could cut inside a Lancer Evo IX @ the Hairpin.

Never going to happen.

He tapped the Evo into a spin, blocking the track and bringing out the Red Flag, he got a 10 place penalty for his stupidity.
Old 14 Oct 2019, 16:11 (Ref:3934400)   #7
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I remember sitting on the grid at Castle Combe in my second ever Mini Se7en Race (Easter Monday 1982). I was nervously looking around me as everyone formed up into their positions (I was well back) and watching out for the time countdown boards. All of a sudden from the front of the grid I saw a crash helmet being launched into the air & landing in the infield, then one of the cars being pushed away from the grid!
Apparently the scrutineers had told him about an oil leak earlier which he promised to fix, but when they checked again on the grid it was still pouring out so he was told he couldn't race! He was not a happy bunny...
In addition to a roasting from the CotC, one of the scrutineers also collected his helmet from the infield and confiscated it as it would no longer be safe to use!
Old 14 Oct 2019, 18:09 (Ref:3934420)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
At one of our iCS historic races at Brands we were all ready to go, lights go out and everybody charges forward except a Camaro that was on the front of the grid had selected reverse !!! he came backwards as fast as some were going forward !!! unbelievably everybody missed it.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !