Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 May 2020, 12:12 (Ref:3973949)   #91
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Itís ironic that my experience of motor racing fans at Daytona, Sebring and Laguna Seca has been universally friendly, warm, welcoming and enthusiastic, yet the threads discussing US racing on this forum are among the most aggressive, argumentative and negative.
Old 3 May 2020, 06:18 (Ref:3974206)   #92
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Itís ironic that my experience of motor racing fans at Daytona, Sebring and Laguna Seca has been universally friendly, warm, welcoming and enthusiastic, yet the threads discussing US racing on this forum are among the most aggressive, argumentative and negative.

Iíve also found American events (old PWC included) to be far more fan inclusive than European events. Far more open and welcoming for sure
Old 7 May 2020, 01:01 (Ref:3974835)   #93
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Some DPI/LMDH/LMP Hypercar regs got released today. Main ones being approx 650-700bhp engine power (no word on hybrids) and a minimum weight of 1030kgs across all variations of the class.
Old 7 May 2020, 01:49 (Ref:3974839)   #94
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Some DPI/LMDH/LMP Hypercar regs got released today. Main ones being approx 650-700bhp engine power (no word on hybrids) and a minimum weight of 1030kgs across all variations of the class.
'Link, by chance......?

jimclark
Old 7 May 2020, 05:02 (Ref:3974847)   #95
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
https://racer.com/2020/05/06/first-t...ence-revealed/
Old 7 May 2020, 15:09 (Ref:3974942)   #96
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
All articles I've seen mention less power (650-670) and spec hybrid. It's linked to the rear axle, no 4wd systems.

Porsche already responded. From DDC "Porsche has already posted a positive comment, Fritz Enzinger stating: ďACO and IMSA have fulfilled our expectations. Itíll be possible to compete for overall victories in most important endurance series with one vehicle. Weíre now getting underway with concept study commissioned by our board of directorsĒ"
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 7 May 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3974970)   #97
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Still don't like the quasi spec chassis (LMP2 based) and I'd rather see teams be able to build their own cars from scratch and have the option of building a customer car to their specs.

Sadly, the car makers (outside of Toyota and Glickenhaus) are pushing for this, and they're getting their way. At least this will hopefully put more cars on the grid.

There's also questions on if Toyota's and Glickenhaus' cars will be eligible for IMSA.
Old 7 May 2020, 17:55 (Ref:3974983)   #98
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!
I read Fritz Enzinger's quote as Hypercars are eligible for IMSA events. Though it hasn't explicitly been stated that Glickenhaus/Boutique/teams-one-might-not-classify-as-a-Mainstream-Manufacturer would be eligible.

The whole thing does feel a step in a direction of appealing to more entrants as opposed to fewer from my work from home chair.
Old 7 May 2020, 20:28 (Ref:3975005)   #99
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I do hope that it's better than what LMP1 became and that it takes off more than DPI has.
Old 7 May 2020, 21:49 (Ref:3975017)   #100
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I read Fritz Enzinger's quote as Hypercars are eligible for IMSA events. Though it hasn't explicitly been stated that Glickenhaus/Boutique/teams-one-might-not-classify-as-a-Mainstream-Manufacturer would be eligible.

The whole thing does feel a step in a direction of appealing to more entrants as opposed to fewer from my work from home chair.
Nowhere has IMSA stated that Hypercar can race in IMSA, not so far as I have read.
Old 7 May 2020, 21:56 (Ref:3975018)   #101
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Still don't like the quasi spec chassis (LMP2 based) and I'd rather see teams be able to build their own cars from scratch and have the option of building a customer car to their specs.

Sadly, the car makers (outside of Toyota and Glickenhaus) are pushing for this, and they're getting their way. At least this will hopefully put more cars on the grid.

There's also questions on if Toyota's and Glickenhaus' cars will be eligible for IMSA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebeliever View Post
Nowhere has IMSA stated that Hypercar can race in IMSA, not so far as I have read.
First, no one else has agreed build any cars at all any more so why cater to 2 and end up with 4 cars in your field. Others may produce more cars and not cost you anything, and you aren't eliminating those 2 options.

Second, read the articles. It says hypercar will be open to run in IMSA with a major caveat. They specifically say twice major manufacturer, means possibly only Toyota could run. It's not like Ina IMSA would exclude an American team because they aren't major. Oh wait, they didn't let Panoz run in Conti Challenge either so.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.