Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Cool Sites

Old 5 May 2020, 11:16 (Ref:3974598)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Aysedasi's Le Mans Story 2019

Finally....

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk
Old 5 May 2020, 18:34 (Ref:3974658)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Front row seats

You should work in media. Nice preview to wet everyone’s appetite and then bang the big release
Old 5 May 2020, 19:07 (Ref:3974662)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, it's fun for me, anyway......
Old 6 May 2020, 04:39 (Ref:3974714)   #4
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks, Andrew.

Always interesting to read others' LM experiences and to compare them with one's own. It helps to ease the enforced wait till.......September?
Old 6 May 2020, 08:47 (Ref:3974736)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It does indeed. In fact, this year's story is no later than last year's (which was pretty late) but it was held up a little as I wanted to move it to my new site. Still a WIP, but it's coming along.
Old 7 May 2020, 09:41 (Ref:3974877)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Another good read and some great photo's Andrew, thanks for all your hard work in doing that.
One point about the meet on Saturday, for the last 3 years we have been using my table from the campsite as it is a lot easier than Pascual bring one to the race track, and then carriyng it around all day. It is easier for Me Helen, Vince and others to bring stuff like the table/cups/knives plates etc from the Tertre Rouge campsite which is only 10 minutes walk from the meet. Also the meet was still going strong well gone 1.30 long after you had left.
Old 7 May 2020, 12:54 (Ref:3974920)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I will amend accordingly Simon......
Old 7 May 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3974926)   #8
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Another good read and some great photo's Andrew, thanks for all your hard work in doing that.
One point about the meet on Saturday, for the last 3 years we have been using my table from the campsite as it is a lot easier than Pascual bring one to the race track, and then carriyng it around all day. It is easier for Me Helen, Vince and others to bring stuff like the table/cups/knives plates etc from the Tertre Rouge campsite which is only 10 minutes walk from the meet. Also the meet was still going strong well gone 1.30 long after you had left.

There's a part of me which wouldn't be surprised if I was told The Meeting still hadn't finished.

This is possibly not the place for the following two comments, but I don't know where else to put them:

* The officious parking attendant is a species bred only in Le Mans. Many years ago, we were repeatedly asked to re-position our cars when parked in the "old" Arnage car park/camping area. We complied as best we could but refused totally when we were asked to reposition our tent when it was there, erected, pegged down and settled.

* I've found a cure for the "it's all over" feeling. On Monday morning I don't head for the Channel, but go in the opposite direction. Race weekend is now the introducion to a fortnight's holiday somewhere in France.
Old 7 May 2020, 21:30 (Ref:3975013)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post

* I've found a cure for the "it's all over" feeling. On Monday morning I don't head for the Channel, but go in the opposite direction. Race weekend is now the introducion to a fortnight's holiday somewhere in France.
Now there is a sensible man.......
Old 8 May 2020, 06:54 (Ref:3975039)   #10
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Now there is a sensible man.......

Yes, and I have the waistline to prove it!
Old 10 May 2020, 21:34 (Ref:3975434)   #11
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
These are always so much fun to read, and I appreciate the effort that goes into it.

It's funny, because a couple of times when I have gone I have written my own little write up, just for posterities sake, and so that someday (soon) when my memory isn't as good as it once was (what was I about to type?) I can attempt to regal the whole thing. While doing so I add in these trivial, boring details and I think to myself, why would I nor anyone else ever want to read this stuff? And then (and please don't take this the wrong way), you write these trivial, boring details and I'm totally enjoying reading it! I guess it just shows that we are cut from the same cloth and tied to our love of Le Mans.
Old 10 May 2020, 21:38 (Ref:3975435)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks very much. Funny isn't it? I've just put up a revision of my 1991 story with loads more photos and the text that I wrote at the time. I'm doing the same now for 1992 - the scanning takes ages - and I really enjoyed reading them again, remembering things that I'd long forgotten. I do it for myself of course but it's always nice to know that a few others have fun reading them.
Old 13 May 2020, 09:24 (Ref:3975872)   #13
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Usually your annual reports are perfect for getting me in the mood for the forthcoming LM trip.

This year is somewhat different, so I was reading it with mixed emotions, as the virtual Tenths meet will probably be the closest we get to going to La Sarthe in 2020.
Old 13 May 2020, 11:10 (Ref:3975895)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, I feel much the same Guy....
Old 15 May 2020, 09:13 (Ref:3976332)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
By the way, the revisions to the 1992 story are now up. I'm now moving on to the 1993 update, with the help of a speedy new scanner.....

https://www.aysedasi.co.uk/gallery/1992p/
Old 21 May 2020, 07:14 (Ref:3977461)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
1993 and 1994 have now been updated.

https://www.aysedasi.co.uk/gallery/1993p/

https://www.aysedasi.co.uk/gallery/1994p/
Old 27 May 2020, 14:03 (Ref:3978666)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And now 1995....

https://www.aysedasi.co.uk/gallery/1995p/
Old 7 Jun 2020, 16:07 (Ref:3980706)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And now 1996....

https://www.aysedasi.co.uk/gallery/1996p/
Old 24 Aug 2020, 11:11 (Ref:3997592)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
After a break of a couple of months, my fully revised 1997 story is now up.

https://www.aysedasi.co.uk/gallery/1997p/
Old 25 Aug 2020, 08:10 (Ref:3997784)   #20
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm continuing to enjoy these retro reports, '97 was the first year I attended - knowing absolutely nothing about the event or sportscar racing in general - so it is good to look back at it through the eyes of a 'veteran'.
Old 25 Aug 2020, 11:04 (Ref:3997823)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Guy. It's quite good fun for me to do these. Most of the photos have never seen the light of day (well, on the internet, anyway). The stories themselves were written way back at the time, so I just have to copy and paste those and then reformat them. It's the scanning that takes the time. There are about 450 photos in the '97 story and I can scan 8 negs at a time. Each 8 takes me about 10-15 minutes to scan and edit for size and for stray dust and hairs (no matter how careful you are, they always get in there somehow!). So it's pretty time consuming. 1998 will follow - eventually!
Old 28 Dec 2020, 22:55 (Ref:4025567)   #22
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did you go to the 1st Legends before the main race in 2001 ?
Old 29 Dec 2020, 11:17 (Ref:4025600)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I did....

https://www.aysedasi.co.uk/gallery/2001p/
Old 29 Dec 2020, 13:03 (Ref:4025615)   #24
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When do we get the 2020 version Ayse, as it shouldn't take too long to write.....
Old 29 Dec 2020, 18:57 (Ref:4025684)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I have actually started it Rob, but detailing when I got up to go to the loo and when I ate some lasagne isn't quite as inspiring as usual.....