Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Apr 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3064818)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Mitty - Road Atlanta - April 26-29

With more than a handful of 10thers in the vicinity of Road ATL, I figured I'd give this some attention and let others know about a decent sized gathering of historic racing motors. This year's featured marque is Triumph.

Track Website

Event Schedule/Classes

Sanctioning Body Website

RA Article on the Event

My father will be taking his (road) 52 TD to Braselton for the first time in about two decades to corral with the Southeast T Registry. He is really looking forward to the MG v Triumph race, and I am looking forward to three generations of my family at the circuit for the first time ever as we are taking my oldest. Thankfully, the 40 mile trip for my son and I won't be in the TD; we'll have the spares in a "support vehicle".

Anyways, the weather is looking manageable and I am ready to be at the track for the first time this year at one of my favorite events of the year.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitty 2012 poster websize.jpg  

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 24 Apr 2012 at 11:58.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 13:42 (Ref:3065400)   #2
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I will be there starting on Friday afternoon to attend this great event!

That sounds really cool FOD. Enjoy.

Unfortunately, even with the good weather they are predicting I won't have the 944S2 Cab ready to take and park in the Porsche Platz.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 00:14 (Ref:3065639)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Already had the time cleared and headed up Fri after a half day at work, was my first purchase after securing my new job. Hoping for track arrival between 2 and 3 friday in the usual Turn 4 area.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 01:56 (Ref:3065651)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great to hear fellas! If y'all are going to be there Friday, I may see if I can escape; Friday is my birthday after all. We'll see.

In the interim, I have just pulled up the entry list:

THE MITTY ENTRY LIST

Good showing! A lot of the usual suspects, but missing one of my favorite American protos in the Riley & Scott, but that will be made up for by seeing an 07 Pescarolo and an 88 Aston AMR1.

The standard "small" field of ex-F1 cars is a bit of a let down, but looking forward to seeing what they bring!
Old 27 Apr 2012, 03:07 (Ref:3066001)   #5
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I won't be able to make it up there until crack of dawn on Sunday
I'm hoping there is a good turn out of cars for the GTP reunion
Old 27 Apr 2012, 11:13 (Ref:3066108)   #6
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lots of champ cars and plenty o triumphs. I will be there tomorrow am and wish I was there now!
Old 27 Apr 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3066125)   #7
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i drove by the track yesterday and the top paddock that you can see from Hwy # 53 was full. The other thing was the spectator line to get in, it was three across and out to the road.

8:00 AM, I can hear cars on course.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3066255)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gotta love making your own schedule, worked for a guy this morning that drives a series 2 etype and was running it today and now surrounded by almost as beautiful a group of cars and watching Porsches go screaming and wailing by.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 00:21 (Ref:3066744)   #9
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great day today and a fantastic turnout. Lots of great cars and just as much to look at off track as on. That's the best collection of Triumphs you'll ever see. Looking forward to tomorrow!
Old 29 Apr 2012, 23:56 (Ref:3067208)   #10
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
What a great day! I will post some photos and vids soon.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3067445)   #11
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
had a really fun time Sunday as always at the Mitty.

The one thing I severely miss is the turn out of group C cars.
in the early 2000's they were everywhere.
What happened to the Nissans, 962C's, Rondeau, all the different Spice chassis, etc?
Old 1 May 2012, 01:35 (Ref:3067707)   #12
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Lots of champ cars and plenty o triumphs. I will be there tomorrow am and wish I was there now!
Lot's of Indy lights. Only CART car was the Hall/VDS Pennzoil car. Sorry I missed you on Sunday JH.
Old 3 May 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3068881)   #13
autoidiodyssey
Rookie

United States
Maryland
autoidiodyssey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was my first time at The Mitty or Road Atlanta, what a great track. The Mitty is a great event, though some of the group pairings seemed a little strange. Here are a couple shots from the weekend.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

Look Where You're Going by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

1965 Lola T70 MK1 by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr