Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 May 2020, 21:56 (Ref:3975018)   #101
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Still don't like the quasi spec chassis (LMP2 based) and I'd rather see teams be able to build their own cars from scratch and have the option of building a customer car to their specs.

Sadly, the car makers (outside of Toyota and Glickenhaus) are pushing for this, and they're getting their way. At least this will hopefully put more cars on the grid.

There's also questions on if Toyota's and Glickenhaus' cars will be eligible for IMSA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebeliever View Post
Nowhere has IMSA stated that Hypercar can race in IMSA, not so far as I have read.
First, no one else has agreed build any cars at all any more so why cater to 2 and end up with 4 cars in your field. Others may produce more cars and not cost you anything, and you aren't eliminating those 2 options.

Second, read the articles. It says hypercar will be open to run in IMSA with a major caveat. They specifically say twice major manufacturer, means possibly only Toyota could run. It's not like Ina IMSA would exclude an American team because they aren't major. Oh wait, they didn't let Panoz run in Conti Challenge either so.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 00:50 (Ref:4003704)   #102
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Man, there are a lot of renderings out there with interesting details.

Bit of Porsche

Bit of Cadillac in the angular cuts and the lights

And from DSC's article, is that a bit of a certain English car who screwed all this up before?

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...lass-name.html

Sounds like they're likely fun requests for designs from Andy Blackmore from the article. But I like them all and hope there will be variety.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 16:57 (Ref:4007420)   #103
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
McLaren is "very happy" with the ruleset.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...regs-offering/

Probably still won't do anything....
Old 29 Sep 2020, 17:26 (Ref:4007423)   #104
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
McLaren is "very happy" with the ruleset.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...regs-offering/

Probably still won't do anything....
Oh I'm sure they'll talk a lot, tell us how great it would be to win LM overall again and have a few design ideas. Oh wait, you meant do anything on the track.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 18:26 (Ref:4007432)   #105
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Im very bored of Mclaren and Ferrari with their "we might enter, we might not" Either put up or shut up. Ive been following Sportscars for 15 years and im pretty sure every year we get this story about either Mclaren or Ferrari "considering Le Mans".
Old 29 Sep 2020, 19:36 (Ref:4007446)   #106
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think they need to wait to see how the new rules go before the commit to anything. Then we could see McLaren in it. And Ferrari may or may not, depends if the rules suit them. We’ve had plenty of rumours in the past, but they rarely seem to gain weight. But it would be good to see both of them in the series
Old 30 Sep 2020, 00:17 (Ref:4007483)   #107
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Im very bored of Mclaren and Ferrari with their "we might enter, we might not" Either put up or shut up. Ive been following Sportscars for 15 years and im pretty sure every year we get this story about either Mclaren or Ferrari "considering Le Mans".
All of 15 years? Wow.

Try 4x that and it's been going on with one make or another since I've been following. 'Doesn't bore me at all. (btw, I was always pleased to see the 333SPs. Followed by the GTRs, CLKs, and GT1s here in the States in '97 albeit rather inclement weather)

Why does it mean so much to you? Just take it with a grain of salt and carry on. Things could be worse.

jimclark
Old 1 Oct 2020, 05:09 (Ref:4007735)   #108
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
To be fair those biennial Ferrari to Le Mans stories rarely come from Ferrari itself, while in McLaren's case it is always Zak Brown speaking. And since the HyperCarCar talk started in 2018 "McLaren talks about hypercar/LMH/road-car-hypercar/DPI2.0/LMDh" has been a monthly story, while there has been talk of Ferrari only a couple of times.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 18:49 (Ref:4029087)   #109
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
So who else would join Audi, Porsche and Acura at LMDh?

Cadillac, BMW, Mazda?
Old 14 Jan 2021, 19:09 (Ref:4029095)   #110
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
So who else would join Audi, Porsche and Acura at LMDh?

Cadillac, BMW, Mazda?
I think Mazda have cited preliminary work for a potential LMDH program as one of the reasons for their scaled down DPi program this year.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 01:59 (Ref:4029140)   #111
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I think Mazda have cited preliminary work for a potential LMDH program as one of the reasons for their scaled down DPi program this year.
Yes, and a gm brand seems certain as well.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 03:08 (Ref:4029143)   #112
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Saturn? Pontiac? Wait, they can use the same chassis in WEC so Buick right??
Old 15 Jan 2021, 05:06 (Ref:4029149)   #113
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
GM should make a Hypercar, a new version of the Corvette DP with a Carbon Fiber chassis and with the C8 lines.
An LMDH would not fit a Corvette because it would have a very small cabin.
I suppose that GM should be analyzing this situation, GTLM is in extinction and I understand that the budget for an LMDH / Hypercar is not very different to GTLM.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4029219)   #114
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Saturn? Pontiac? Wait, they can use the same chassis in WEC so Buick right??
Hummer, since they will have the hybrid thing going!
Old 15 Jan 2021, 13:25 (Ref:4029220)   #115
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
GM should make a Hypercar, a new version of the Corvette DP with a Carbon Fiber chassis and with the C8 lines.
An LMDH would not fit a Corvette because it would have a very small cabin.
I suppose that GM should be analyzing this situation, GTLM is in extinction and I understand that the budget for an LMDH / Hypercar is not very different to GTLM.
corvette fitted in GTP nicely with the small cockpits....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_GTP
Old 15 Jan 2021, 14:22 (Ref:4029240)   #116
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
corvette fitted in GTP nicely with the small cockpits....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_GTP
The cabin of the Corvette GTP is similar to the DP cabin and larger than the cabin of an LMP2 (LMDH).
I really can't imagine a Corvette with a bubble cabin.
Old 16 Jan 2021, 08:52 (Ref:4029386)   #117
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The cabin of the Corvette GTP is similar to the DP cabin and larger than the cabin of an LMP2 (LMDH).
I really can't imagine a Corvette with a bubble cabin.
How many Mazdas, Porsches, Cadillacs, Acuras, Toyotas do you see on the road with a bubble cabin?....
Old 16 Jan 2021, 13:10 (Ref:4029423)   #118
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Only one I remember is.......https://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/...Flying-Car.jpg

jimclark
Old 16 Jan 2021, 14:54 (Ref:4029447)   #119
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Shhhh, don't point out the obvious.
Old 17 Jan 2021, 22:12 (Ref:4029708)   #120
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Hybrids look more of a Cadillac thing than the Corvette.

And I'd rather have Corvettes in a GT class.
Old 17 Jan 2021, 23:35 (Ref:4029726)   #121
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:

Hypercars are not required to be hybrids, the Glickenhaus will not be hybrid.
The GTLM class is about to disappear.
Old 18 Jan 2021, 03:08 (Ref:4029780)   #122
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:

It's going to be an all brands thing, likely for short run before electric onlys come on line for them as well. If you don't think GM has an all electric Vette in the pipeline you're either being obstinate or clueless.
Old 18 Jan 2021, 14:28 (Ref:4029849)   #123
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
If you don't think GM has an all electric Vette in the pipeline you're either being obstinate or clueless.
'Don't have to like it but agree. It's inevitable.

Will a high performance whirrr ever take hold?...evoke the sound of "music"?
I don't see (hear?) it....... (and I used to race slot and r/c cars.....at least the 1/24th slot cars did/do "scream", turning a gazillion thousand RPM)

I guess when that's all there is......

jimclark
Old 20 Jan 2021, 14:57 (Ref:4030270)   #124
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
GM: LMDh, GT3 Discussions “On the Table”
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/g...-on-the-table/
Old 20 Jan 2021, 15:18 (Ref:4030274)   #125
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
GM: LMDh, GT3 Discussions “On the Table”
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/g...-on-the-table/
to me GM is the manufacturer in the best position, they could have a bright future with a minimal effort since they don't need to build/design anything from scratch... just like 488 and vantage, they could adapt C8R to gt3 specs or even better, with basically 0 effort, they could send street chassis and LT2 engines to callaway in germany to let them make the whole work (like ferrari does with michelotto). That way they will be in the position to have a work/semiwork effort in IMSA (or LM if ACO will drop GTE soon or later) and the possibility to have a customers program as well.
Cadillac dpi is already a beast of car and unlike audi or porsche, they have already a really competitive base platform to evolve for lmdh with the spec ERS. Just like the C8R, they will have both the possibility to enter with a work team at lemans or give a limited support to private teams as they do during these seasons in IMSA.